Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Other Fashion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-24-2011, 06:09 AM   #226
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Can someone please explain the appeal of stretched ears to me?
I don't wish to sound rude but I'm just wondering.

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-24-2011, 11:55 AM   #227
Myaa
all ur meow r belong 2 us

In some cultures, stretched earlobes symbolizes wisdom.
It takes time to properly stretch an earlobe, and those that rush into it will end up with a nasty/painful looking tore up lobe so that anyone can see how foolish that person was.

Ha, how's that for metaphor? ^^;
Unread 09-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #228
~Alandra~
Big Sister

Ive got 1 tattoo on the side of my leg an I also have my ears pierced standered-wise. The lady that pierced my ears did it with a gun. They healed pretty well, despite having a high sensitivity to metals though x_x. I do occasionally poke an earring threw to keep the holes open, I plan on eventually getting surgical steel earrings here soon when I can get the money.

More of my works..
https://www.facebook.com/AlandraCosplay
http://www.youtube.com/user/GeekyStrawberry
~Alandra~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #229
DarkusAngelus
seanstartrunning

I've got both my earlobes pierced. I stretched them up to 12g, but took them out and now I'm back down. I prefer studs anyway. ^^; I plan on getting my conch pierced in the future. It'll be my first cartilage piercing.
DarkusAngelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #230
fandalia
mermaid at heart

i have double piercings on my ears. and i plan on getting my top and bottom navel pierced soon.
fandalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #231
Miaka5

I have one ear guaged to 0. I stopped there because i bought alot of really cute earrings and didn't want them to go to waste lol. The other is 2 holes guaged to 14. I would absolutely love dermal anchor anti-eyebrows someday
Miaka5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #232
Lisbeth

Hey All! I have quite a few piercings I have in my left ear nine standard ear piercing and then one helix and one daith and my conch done. In my right ear i have an industrial piercing, a rook, a daith, two tragus, an antitragus and one plain lobe. On my face I have my tongue, my left eyebrow and my labret and my side lip. I have two piercings in my left nipple and one in my right nipple. Then I have the bottom of my belly button done and the top of my belly button
And I would love some more! hahaha
For tattoos,
I have an ankh in the middle of my shoulder blades on my back and a star on each hipbone
Lisbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 07:27 AM   #233
Neko.Oni
Furry and proud of it!

At the moment I have standard lobes (well I say standard, they're crooked, as in they slant strangely, but they're normal placement) somewhere between 16g and 14g (I apparently have 3 different guages for earrings, despite all being "normal" or 16g. my studs slide in without any issue as do my small hoops, my larger hoops are a little more difficult, and my serpents (which are a "fake" 8g iirc) require some work to get in but aren't so large that they irritate my ears.)

though I've had 6 different ones over the years...

I had a cartilage piercing in my left ear twice, but it was poorly done and I took it out. I had my septum (middle of nose) pierced at 12g for a year or two but it was crooked and I ultimately removed it (I so desperately want to get it redone but I feel awkward going to a piercing place since I'm generally dressed in a very straight-laced if not downright preppy manner) I also had my right nipple pierced but unfortunately it got infected and had to be taken out. Though on the bright side, the scar tissue made my nipple look normal-sized now...

I'd *like* to get 2 cartilage for an orbital in each ear, as well as an inner-conch that would have a long hoop in it textending to the outside of the ear. One day I'd also like to stretch my lobes up to 12g or maybe 10g just because I like the look of the larger hoops. (I love my 12g black niobium CBR but cant wear it in my 16g ears) I've also seriously considered getting my navel pierced if I can ever flatten out my stomach... Unfortunately since I'm out of school and looking for a job, I cant even wear my normal earrings (I use clear acrylic retainers) much less get any others...

Tattoos... I have none, mostly from fear of "I will regret this in 20 years" (though the designs I picked I know I wont) and "I wont get a job if they see them"

I would like though...
on my ankle a 'hollow' pawprint with a scene of either white tigers or wolves seen through the print
a howling wolf on the inside of my lower, right arm (I found an absoluely perfect image a while back though I cant find it again)
a huge full-back dragon, protecting a small village from a snowstorm with his wings and a tiny trickle of flame form his mouth to provide light and heat (remember: not all dragons are evil) this would include his tail going over my sholder and wrapping around my arm as an armband
a small dragon just having hatched, his back half partially obscured by the eggshell (possibly the 'egg shell' being the earth, giving it additional meaning)
and finally odly considered an oroborus (the snake who is consuming his own tail --- realistic NOT the charactaturcured FMA oroborus) around my navel

Also, having read this whole thread, I woudl like to comment on something from earlier on: cleaning earrings with Alcohol is NOT bad - IF you make sure they are completely dry before inserting them.
Neko.Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #234
DarkFirepr

Standard piercings (3 holes in each ears)and that's all for me.
DarkFirepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #235
tobixforever
The Mohawk-ed Avenger!

I have three lobe piercings, a belly button piercing, and snake bites (a lip piercing on each side of the bottom lip.
I also think jewelry really affects how the piercing looks.
My belly button has a standard titanium curved barbell (it's still healing). My third set of lobe piercings (highest up on the lobe) have black 18g circular barbells, my second set has paperclips, and my first set currently have 6g tunnels (but I'm hoping to stretch up to 00, maybe 1/2). My snake bites have 16g titanium captive bead rings.
tobixforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #236
tobixforever
The Mohawk-ed Avenger!

Oh, also, having stretched ears isn't about the appeal. For the heavily-modified community, piercing, stretching, tattooing, etc. aren't for aesthetics (although we do think they look fantastic, that's not the purpose in getting them). It's about becoming the ideal self - how we imagine ourselves to look. We know it won't please a lot of people, but it sure as hell makes us feel great about ourselves.
tobixforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #237
NaNa_ku
living in a doll house

Hey, I have my ears currently stretched at 0-00g and slowly working up to larger sizes, cartilage on my right ear industrial on the left, i had a vertical tragus twice but it kept rejecting. I also have both nipples pierced, my septum and two tattoos, one on my inner forearm and the other covering my foot.
NaNa_ku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #238
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

I've currently only got 2 lobe piercings one each ear, tragus on the left and a lower cartilage on the right. Up until this morning I had a lovely 3 point spiral on my left ear, but I finally decided to take it out. Had it since March 2010, and still wasn't healed (still wept clear fluid) and was laying down some scar tissue that now I have a clear view of it it screams "I was angry all through healing"

Also used to have a nostril piercing, but I had to take it out for emergency surgery and forgot to try to put it back in while I was drugged up the few weeks after. Also used to have an industrial bar and a navel piercing, but both of those started to reject.

I love piercing, but my expirience has turned me off of getting more since I've had so many fail. And
before anyone jumps down my throat, I did care for them well and went to skilled piercers. My body just seems to hate piercings. A friend suggested I might have a metal allergy, but my ear lobes do just fine with crappy earrings so...

Anyway, now I'm more interested in tattoos. I have two, my third is planned, and I have a few other ideas I want to think about.
youtu be channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 10:58 PM   #239
lolomgroxi

Both of my ears are stretched to a 0g, but my goal is 3/4ths. I have two tattoos, planning my third and my nose pierced. But I'm not stopping there! :P
lolomgroxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2012, 01:05 AM   #240
Celia Rose
wanna-be abs of steel

I have three ear lobe piercings, and I would like to get a cartilage piercing sometime in the future.

I'd also like to get a tattoo, but I'm too much of a pain weenie.
Celia Rose is offline   Reply With Quote