Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Other Fashion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #16
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I have two holes in each ear. I'd love to have three but I'm out of earlobe.
People are always surprised that I have two holes, I guess I don't look like a 2 hole kind of person. (I tend to wear small studs at work, so they aren't very noticeable.

ShinobuWind- try surgical steel/sterling silver. And NEVER use anything that isn't nickle free, that's one of the most common metal allergy. If I put anything with nickel in it in my ears, they actually get so irritated they start to bleed with in 20 minutes
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #17
KatTehninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
I have several tattoos and a pierced nostril; I plan on more tattoos, but am completely uninterested in any other piercings. I don't even have my ears pierced, and probably will never bother.

My younger sister is a tattoo artist, and consequently has a wide variety of tattoos, piercings, dermals, etc. She just had a transdermal removed from her face, and she's been stretching out her ears but is apparently planning to take them out and have surgery to close up the holes. A few of her tattoos have been lasered off, too-- mostly to make room for more tattoos.

Meanwhile, I have to get my nose piercing looked at. I had to swap out my jewelry a few weeks ago, and everything looks fine and normal but the site has been sore ever since I put the new stud in. It was exactly the same gauge and design as the old one, too, and I'm just hoping it's not infected.

Remind me never to take out my jewelry when I'm pregnant again. NOT WORTH THE HASSLE.
What are your tattoos of? Oh yeah, piercings can be a hassle.

Whoa! That's awesome! Oh, what size is she? That must be awesome not having to worry about having too many tattoos to get a job lol. ^-^

Oh gosh that's really weird. Yeah hopefully it isn't! It's tough to get the infection outta there.
KatTehninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #18
Shizuka Chan
Introverted to the max

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatTehninja View Post
Oh o.o that makes sense. Have any of them ever been infected? I have a hole that's infected (that sounds dirty :3) but I tried soap and water like three times a day and it's still pretty bad.
I've had my ears pierced since i was 9 so they have gotten infected a few times.
use peroxide it'll clear it up in a few days and always clean your earrings before you put them in, i usually use rubbing alcohol. i just dip the posts in before i put them in. Works great
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #19
KatTehninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
I have two holes in each ear. I'd live to have three but I'm out of earlobe.
People are always surprised that I have two holes, I guess I don't look like a 2 hole kind of person. (I tend to wear small studs at work, so they aren't very noticeable.

ShinobuWind- try surgical steel/sterling silver. And NEVER use anything that isn't nickle free, that's one of the most common metal allergy. If I put anything with nickel in it in my ears, they actually get so irritated they start to bleed with in 20 minutes
Oh, maybe instead of a third you could get a cartilage piercing or something! ^-^
Lol what does a two hole kind of perso look like? :3 Oh that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuka Chan View Post
I've had my ears pierced since i was 9 so they have gotten infected a few times.
use peroxide it'll clear it up in a few days and always clean your earrings before you put them in, i usually use rubbing alcohol. i just dip the posts in before i put them in. Works great
Oh o.o I'll try that!
Though like, a lot of people have told me that's the absolute wrong thing to do. But I'm not sure because that sounds like the easiest way and usually you use that kinda stuff to get rid of infections and such..

Last edited by Michi : 06-13-2011 at 02:34 PM. Reason: merging a double post
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:19 PM   #20
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Oh o.o that makes sense. Have any of them ever been infected? I have a hole that's infected (that sounds dirty :3) but I tried soap and water like three times a day and it's still pretty bad.
Sterilize a different stainless steel piercing, put plenty of polysporin around and over the piercing hole, then coat the piercing in polysporin and work it through the hole a few times. Continue it a few times a day and it ought to clear up fairly quick. If it keeps getting worse, you'd want to go to the doctor (I would say a piercer, but legally they can't really treat infections) to get it looked at.

Rubbing alcohol and peroxide is actually a very bad thing to use on infections. It stings, dehydrates the skin and doesn't actually have much antibacterial property.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:21 PM   #21
KatTehninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Sterilize a different piercing, put plenty of polysporin around and over the piercing hole, then coat the piercing in polysporin and work it through the hole a few times. Continue it a few times a day and it ought to clear up fairly quick. If it keeps getting worse, you'd want to go to the doctor (I would say a piercer, but legally they can't really treat infections) to get it looked at.
Alright, thanks for the help!
What bothers me and grosses me out is the infection is scabbing over my ear hole.. And I have to poke a new hole in my ear every time I wear earrings. It's so gross.
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:22 PM   #22
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Standard + Cartilage piercing at the top left ear :3

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:22 PM   #23
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Oh, maybe instead of a third you could get a cartilage piercing or something! ^-^
Lol what does a two hole kind of perso look like? :3 Oh that makes sense.
I got my cartilage pierced in High School, one day the earring fell out and I lost it. By the time I got home to put another in (about 2 hours) it was already closed, this was after I had it a year. I took it as a sign.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:22 PM   #24
Shizuka Chan
Introverted to the max

Quote:
I have two holes in each ear. I'd love to have three but I'm out of earlobe.

i know what you mean, people are always shocked when they notice i have 3 holes

I'm allergic to silver all silver so i have to be really picky about my earrings. surgical steel is ok as long as it's nickle free.

@KatTehninja yeah i've been told the same thing but it works, i don't use it all the time but when i need it i use it. it works better then anything else i've ever used
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:23 PM   #25
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I had my ears pierced. Twice. STORY TIEMZ

When I was around 9 when I did the typical mall kiosk ear piercing, the woman had them slightly off and I was too afraid to remove the earrings to change them. So I took them out, and eventually the holes closed up.

About a year later I got my ears done again and all was well.

I have no interest in anything else.
Tattoos (on myself, it's the process) gross me out too much to get them.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:23 PM   #26
KatTehninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
Standard + Cartilage piercing at the top left ear :3
Oooo, noice. :3 I really wanna know what getting an industrial bar feels like.

Quote:
I got my cartilage pierced in High School, one day the earring fell out and I lost it. By the time I got home to put another in (about 2 hours) it was already closed, this was after I had it a year. I took it as a sign.
Awh! That's so sad. D: I'm sorry. Did you pay lots for it?
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:24 PM   #27
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

I have five piercings; two in each lobe and one in my eyebrow. I plan on getting thirds in my lobes, as well as a few cartilage piercings; at least my Helix and Tragus anyway. I kind of want to stretch my firsts in my lobes, but I wouldn't do it too big. Maybe an 8G.

I also have a tattoo, and will be getting a few more. :3
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:24 PM   #28
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

I should probably say I have no piercings or tattoos and I plan on never getting any piercings.

I might get a tattoo later in life.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:26 PM   #29
KatTehninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuka Chan View Post
i know what you mean, people are always shocked when they notice i have 3 holes

I'm allergic to silver all silver so i have to be really picky about my earrings. surgical steel is ok as long as it's nickle free.

@KatTehninja yeah i've been told the same thing but it works, i don't use it all the time but when i need it i use it. it works better then anything else i've ever used
Ohmygosh. Is it hard for you to find earrings?

Okay, I'm gonna try it. Hopefully this works! D Thank you for the help. ^-^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I had my ears pierced. Twice. STORY TIEMZ

When I was around 9 when I did the typical mall kiosk ear piercing, the woman had them slightly off and I was too afraid to remove the earrings to change them. So I took them out, and eventually the holes closed up.

About a year later I got my ears done again and all was well.

I have no interest in anything else.
Tattoos (on myself, it's the process) gross me out too much to get them.
O: I'M LISTENING.

Darn kiosk ladies O:< They're doin it wrong. They did the same thing with my ears. One is way high up on my earlobe and the other one is like, way on the bottom.

Oh, that's understandable. :3 I think I'd pussy out if I got one.
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:26 PM   #30
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I'm allergic to nickel, myself. Most of my earrings are silver (most of the designs I like are made in silver, and it's my preferred metal), a few are nickel-free but not with any real precious metal (like the ones you get at Claire's), I have a few gold pairs, and one stainless steel.

.....I have twenty-six pairs of earrings.

And on the piercing gun mall things; NEVER pierce your ears with that. It's absolutely terrible for your ears. It works by blunt-force trauma; firing the earring post into your earlobe, which is extremely damaging to your ear tissues, and studs can't be properly cleaned unlike captive bead-rings, which predisposes you to infection. Piercing guns, too, are hard to keep sterilized. Always get a properly trained piercer to do it. You'll never regret it.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 06-07-2011 at 10:29 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote