Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Other Fashion

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:28 PM   #31
KatTehninja
Registered User
 
KatTehninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyhrah View Post
I have five piercings; two in each lobe and one in my eyebrow. I plan on getting thirds in my lobes, as well as a few cartilage piercings; at least my Helix and Tragus anyway. I kind of want to stretch my firsts in my lobes, but I wouldn't do it too big. Maybe an 8G.

I also have a tattoo, and will be getting a few more. :3
Ooo! Do you have a ring in your eyebrow or something else?
Ohmygoodness fancy words x3 I like when people have multiple cartilage piercings. :3
That's a good size ^-^ It's addicting once you start stretching. But yeah that's a good place to stop lol. It starts to hurt sooo bad once you go farther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
I should probably say I have no piercings or tattoos and I plan on never getting any piercings.

I might get a tattoo later in life.
What would you wanna get a tattoo of? :3
KatTehninja is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:31 PM   #32
Shizuka Chan
Introverted to the max
 
Shizuka Chan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 108
Yes very hard to find earrings and nice designs since so many of the ones i like only come in silver
__________________
grammar nazis suck
Shizuka Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:31 PM   #33
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire
 
Akiyhrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatTehninja View Post
Ooo! Do you have a ring in your eyebrow or something else?
Ohmygoodness fancy words x3 I like when people have multiple cartilage piercings. :3
That's a good size ^-^ It's addicting once you start stretching. But yeah that's a good place to stop lol. It starts to hurt sooo bad once you go farther.
I've just got a little barbell. I find rings catch on stuff too easily (even in your lobes) so I prefer not to wear them.
__________________
Akiyhrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:33 PM   #34
Lithium Flower
Handphones
 
Lithium Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatTehninja View Post

O: I'M LISTENING.

Darn kiosk ladies O:< They're doin it wrong. They did the same thing with my ears. One is way high up on my earlobe and the other one is like, way on the bottom.

Oh, that's understandable. :3 I think I'd pussy out if I got one.
Yeah I was pretty horrified at the time to even take out my earrings. I swore that it hurt badly even after they where in for a while.

The second time I got them done it was at the same place xD /snort/ but a different woman did it and some middle school boys where betting on if I'd cry or not.

I did not.

I haven't worn earrings in quite some time.
Brandon didn't even realize I wore them until he got up close to my face one day I had my hair up and he very surprised said "You wear earrings" "Yes dear I do." "Wow I never noticed" "I don't own any earrings anymore thats why"

It seems silly that I went through with a body modification that I don't even use anymore ~.~ But I'd like to get some simple ones. I just never do.



it isn't really the PAIN of getting a tattoo that grosses me out. Just the feeling of something in my skin that isn't suppose to be there. I think I'd feel really 'off' with a tattoo like I'd be super aware of something on my skin somehow. It's all silly but I know I wouldn't like it.
__________________
Iíll tell you what people look like, really: they look like flames. Or like the stars, on a clear night in the wilderness.
LiveStream
Emmers Drawberry: Professional Superhero
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:39 PM   #35
ShinobuWind
An Ocean Loving Nerd! =D
 
ShinobuWind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsakoLuna View Post
ShinobuWind- try surgical steel/sterling silver. And NEVER use anything that isn't nickle free, that's one of the most common metal allergy. If I put anything with nickel in it in my ears, they actually get so irritated they start to bleed with in 20 minutes
I'll definitely look for those metals! And i'll be sure to make sure there's no nickel. Thanks! ^_^

Ouch to bleeding ears. I actually avoided earrings for a couple of years since I actually got a back stuck in my earlobe from constantly pushing it up to make sure it wouldn't fall out. My mom had to pull it out...not fun. >.< Of course after I wore a pair of earrings to prom I forgot how much I missed them..so I'm trying to wear earrings more so my holes don't close up ^^'
__________________
Upcoming Cosplays
Kairi-Kingdom Hearts I (50%; on hold for now)
Toph Beifong (Fire Nation)- Avatar: The Last Airbender (75%)
ShinobuWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #36
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire
 
Akiyhrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobuWind View Post
I'll definitely look for those metals! And i'll be sure to make sure there's no nickel. Thanks! ^_^

Ouch to bleeding ears. I actually avoided earrings for a couple of years since I actually got a back stuck in my earlobe from constantly pushing it up to make sure it wouldn't fall out. My mom had to pull it out...not fun. >.< Of course after I wore a pair of earrings to prom I forgot how much I missed them..so I'm trying to wear earrings more so my holes don't close up ^^'
Surgical steel is definitely the best option, it's what they use to pierce with. When buying jewelry, go to a place that does piercings (the proper way, not with the gun), or a place that guarantees their jewelry. Any body mod place worth their salt will let you know before you buy which of their jewelry is legit and which is cheap nickel crap. It will be more expensive, but it's better than an infection.
__________________
Akiyhrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:43 PM   #37
rubyspitfire
queen of the closet
 
rubyspitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,539
i have two in each ear lobe (was up to 4g and 10g, had a bad reaction to cheap plugs and had to take them out, down to all 14's for now), helix (fancy name for upper cartilage) and an industrial. i also have my navel pierced

i thought about getting a nose stud and vertical labret, but facial piercings make me hesitate. sometimes my piercings act up and the last thing i want is an infection or raw open sore in an even more obvious place than my ear. i also wanted a second helix below my first one so i could wear an orbital, but i have a fold in my ear that would make it difficult to heal. the holes in one of my lobes are pretty close together so i had thought of getting them scalpelled together and just make one large hole, but i have a problem with being that asymmetrical and healing it would be a massive pain

a great way of "hiding" stretched piercings is clear glass tunnels. you still have a rather large hole in your ear, but since they're clear they don't show up AND you don't get that nasty puckered look from just taking them out. the nice thing about tunnels is that you can wear regular earrings with them, just make sure you use some kind of back so they don't fall out. i did it all the time when i wore 8's. posts are usually too short, but hoops and hook-style ones look great

edit: i also have a small tattoo on my right side on my ribs. it was a horrible place for my first and i will probably never get it finished (my kid's initials, supposed to have a banner and some other things around it), but i got through the most important part. i'm planning on getting my family crest on my inner forearm, but undecided after that. i have ideas for three or four more, but i don't know which ones i want first
__________________
Old enough to know better, still young enough to not care

cosplay schedule
SoDak Con!!
Jean Havoc - Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood
Sanji - One Piece
Catwoman - DC Comics/Gotham Girls (fanart version)


Ruby Spitfire, official D20 Girl
Support a single mom ^.^

Last edited by rubyspitfire : 06-07-2011 at 11:10 PM.
rubyspitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:47 PM   #38
ShinobuWind
An Ocean Loving Nerd! =D
 
ShinobuWind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyhrah View Post
Surgical steel is definitely the best option, it's what they use to pierce with. When buying jewelry, go to a place that does piercings (the proper way, not with the gun), or a place that guarantees their jewelry. Any body mod place worth their salt will let you know before you buy which of their jewelry is legit and which is cheap nickel crap. It will be more expensive, but it's better than an infection.
I'll be sure to do that. I'd rather spend more and not get an infection. I actually know a friend of my mom who runs a Tattoo/Piercing shop with her husband, so i'll be sure to ask her about the metals and whatnot! I've also gotten my ears pierced with the gun...never again ><
Random, but this thread is really fun! ^_^
__________________
Upcoming Cosplays
Kairi-Kingdom Hearts I (50%; on hold for now)
Toph Beifong (Fire Nation)- Avatar: The Last Airbender (75%)
ShinobuWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:51 PM   #39
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire
 
Akiyhrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,118
Yeah, I pierced my firsts by myself, and got my seconds done with the gun. The gun hurt worse XD I'll NEVER do that again.
__________________
Akiyhrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 11:03 PM   #40
penny_dreadful
la ctholita
 
penny_dreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11,073
ShinobiXikyu has basically said everything I would've said on treating infected piercings, sterile equipment, etc. Listen to her, she speaks the truth, and that information comes from both professional piercers and people with medical licenses.

My first piercing was done with a gun. It got quite badly infected-- I'll spare you all the details, it was a bit gory-- and I had to take it out, go on antibiotics for a bit, and let the hole close. I had it re-pierced by a pro with a needle once it was properly healed, but since she had to pierce through scar tissue, it wasn't the most pleasant experience. Since then it's been fine, excepting the recent issues, which are likely due to my own carelessness and the fact that pregnancy makes you way more prone to infections of all sorts.

My tattoos, in order from oldest to newest:
1. A fox and wolf on one side of my lower back
2. A wave crest on my thigh
3. A dragonfly on my bewb
4. An owl on my shoulder (the only other place I can find a picture of it is in my Facebook albums, which apparently don't allow you to download your own photos...?)
5. A pocket watch and the phrase "memento mori" (Latin for "remember you will die") on my forearm

I find getting tattoos to be rather painful. The healing process, when they become itchy and get flaky scabs, is also pretty irritating. I do enjoy having them, though, and I definitely want at least one more-- a very big one on my leg, which I'm still in the process of designing. Oh, well. I've got time. Can't even start it for at least another six months or so...
__________________
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 11:04 PM   #41
rubyspitfire
queen of the closet
 
rubyspitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Yeah, I figured a small sleeper or those screw-in flat-back earrings would work to not snag on anything.
labret studs are nice for cartilage piercings, just be careful the back of your ear doesn't try to "eat" the flat part. mine did, so i wear a short curved barbell in mine with the ball against the visible part of my ear and the bar tucked down on the back of my ear where you can't see. unless it moves in my sleep or in the shower, i don't even notice it anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatTehninja View Post
Oh o.o that makes sense. Have any of them ever been infected? I have a hole that's infected (that sounds dirty :3) but I tried soap and water like three times a day and it's still pretty bad.
soap is BAD, it causes irritation and is hard to rinse it all out. try soaking it warm salt-water instead. i've used that to heal my piercings and clean them up when they get irritated. get sea salt if you can, but if not table salt will work. also, DON'T PICK THE SCABS. it will be itchy and painful for a while, but salt soaks should clear it up. this is exactly what happened with one of my 4's, so i stuck a 14g ring in it to keep the hole from completely closing and soaked it a few times a day... it had shrunk within a week and the infection was gone a few days after that

surgical steel and niobium are the only metals i can wear without any irritation. i have had pretty good luck with naturals (horn anyway, haven't tried wood) and glass, but i can't wear acrylics. thankfully you can find surgical steel for pretty cheap, because if i find something i can't wear i always fall back on my steel
__________________
Old enough to know better, still young enough to not care

cosplay schedule
SoDak Con!!
Jean Havoc - Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood
Sanji - One Piece
Catwoman - DC Comics/Gotham Girls (fanart version)


Ruby Spitfire, official D20 Girl
Support a single mom ^.^

Last edited by rubyspitfire : 06-07-2011 at 11:11 PM.
rubyspitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 11:13 PM   #42
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire
 
Akiyhrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
ShinobiXikyu has basically said everything I would've said on treating infected piercings, sterile equipment, etc. Listen to her, she speaks the truth, and that information comes from both professional piercers and people with medical licenses.

My first piercing was done with a gun. It got quite badly infected-- I'll spare you all the details, it was a bit gory-- and I had to take it out, go on antibiotics for a bit, and let the hole close. I had it re-pierced by a pro with a needle once it was properly healed, but since she had to pierce through scar tissue, it wasn't the most pleasant experience. Since then it's been fine, excepting the recent issues, which are likely due to my own carelessness and the fact that pregnancy makes you way more prone to infections of all sorts.

My tattoos, in order from oldest to newest:
1. A fox and wolf on one side of my lower back
2. A wave crest on my thigh
3. A dragonfly on my bewb
4. An owl on my shoulder (the only other place I can find a picture of it is in my Facebook albums, which apparently don't allow you to download your own photos...?)
5. A pocket watch and the phrase "memento mori" (Latin for "remember you will die") on my forearm

I find getting tattoos to be rather painful. The healing process, when they become itchy and get flaky scabs, is also pretty irritating. I do enjoy having them, though, and I definitely want at least one more-- a very big one on my leg, which I'm still in the process of designing. Oh, well. I've got time. Can't even start it for at least another six months or so...

That's funny, because I didn't find mine to be painful at all. Well I mean, yeah. It hurt, but I've definitely had worse. It really wasn't bat at ALL, but then again, maybe I just have a high pain tolerance. I mean, I didn't even flinch or anything. It was more bothersome than painful.
But the healing process is definitely irritating. Mine was only itchy for about for or five days afterward, but MAN was that an excruciating few days. I have never wanted to scratch at my skin more than I did when my tattoo was healing XD Of course I didn't, but it was hard to stop myself. But I dry healed, so that may have been a factor there too.
__________________
Akiyhrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 11:28 PM   #43
penny_dreadful
la ctholita
 
penny_dreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyhrah View Post
That's funny, because I didn't find mine to be painful at all. Well I mean, yeah. It hurt, but I've definitely had worse. It really wasn't bat at ALL, but then again, maybe I just have a high pain tolerance. I mean, I didn't even flinch or anything. It was more bothersome than painful.
But the healing process is definitely irritating. Mine was only itchy for about for or five days afterward, but MAN was that an excruciating few days. I have never wanted to scratch at my skin more than I did when my tattoo was healing XD Of course I didn't, but it was hard to stop myself. But I dry healed, so that may have been a factor there too.
Eh. Everyone's got different sorts of tolerance to pain-- and to different types of pain-- so for some people it's no big deal, for others it's agonizing. My first didn't hurt much at all, my second didn't hurt until the next day when suddenly putting any weight on my leg was nearly impossible, the third was sore because it was right on my boob when I was premenstrual, but the most recent two were definitely hard to sit through. Part of it is that they're just bigger, and I found that after time, the initial rush of endorphins wore off and it started to feel like getting wasp stings over a sunburn. Technically the owl still isn't done because I was in tears and my sister took pity on me.

When I'm healing up, I can usually deal with the itching, but I have a compulsive need to mess with the scabs. The tendency is to sort of rub at the flaking skin. It's still a no-no, but I haven't gotten any scarring except on my leg tattoo, and that might just have been because my sister had just finished her apprenticeship and I think she inked a little too deep in spots.
__________________
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 11:30 PM   #44
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry
 
Arc_The_Lad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatTehninja View Post
What would you wanna get a tattoo of? :3
A sleeve of some sort, I dunno, if I did know, I would of got it by now.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 11:31 PM   #45
kittymutt
Belgium Waffles
 
kittymutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 359
What kinda piercings do you have?
Just the generic one in each ear.

What size are your ears? :3
Normal sized? O.o I haven't stretched them, and I'm not planning on it.

Any piercings you want?
I always thought it would be cool to get my ear's pierced twice on the lobe so I could wear a hoop earring and a stud on each ear. I've also considered getting the upper part of my ear pierced. Now days I usually forget that I even have piercings, so I probably will just stick with the basics.
kittymutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.