Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Other Fashion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #61
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

Got a tattoo taking up the small of my back and two lobe piercings in each ear. Periodically I really get a yen for a nostril piercing...and then my husband gets very, very sad eyes. My nose, in all its majestic prowess, remains pristine.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)

Last edited by Mangochutney : 06-08-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #62
Pocketfightr
Merc who grants wishes

Just the standard ear piercing here. I used to be able to stick any metal type in them but either after not wearing anything for a long time (down to wearing stuff like once a year) or not cleaning my earrings very well, I find if I try to put any of my old ones in, the area gets pink and itchy. I don't really have any interest in getting anything else pierced.

I'd rather tattoos, if I ever came up with the perfect design ideas.
Nene (Bubblegum Crisis) -eventually?

2014 Cons:
Detour
Acen
Dragon*Con
Nebraskon
Pocketfightr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #63
rubyspitfire
queen of the closet

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Oh, and did I ever show you this? Just sayin'.
that would make an amazing shoulder piece/half sleeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
I have...5 piercings in my ears, two on each lobe and one tiny hoop on my left cartilage. I also have a tattoo on my back shoulder blade of a swallow. I really want more but my husband is super against it :-/
i'm sorry

cosplay schedule
SoDak Con!!
Jean Havoc - Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood
Sanji - One Piece
Catwoman - DC Comics/Gotham Girls (fanart version)

Ruby Spitfire, official D20 Girl
Support a single mom ^.^
rubyspitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #64
Jia Jem
replicant
Rock Star Admin

@Penny - I was literally LOL'n at your sister's cow poop tattoo that she did. And your description. I would post the link but I lost it. T_T

Also, I think it's rad that your ears aren't pierced. I wish I didn't get mine done, as I never wear earrings. In hindsight, I would love to have just got one ear pierced, like a dude. Everyone's reaction to this is, "but why not just wear one earring?" ...it's just not the same.

Last edited by Jia Jem : 06-08-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Jia Jem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 02:18 PM   #65
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
I have...5 piercings in my ears, two on each lobe and one tiny hoop on my left cartilage. I also have a tattoo on my back shoulder blade of a swallow. I really want more but my husband is super against it :-/
...So tell your husband he doesn't have to get tattoos. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyspitfire View Post
that would make an amazing shoulder piece/half sleeve
I've been intending to do an Art Nouveau-style Cthulhu on my thigh for a while, now. First I was going to go with something in a style a sailor might have gotten during the 20's or 30's, when Lovecraft was writing, almost Sailor Jerry-style. I think the more elegant Mucha-influenced look is both period appropriate and more suited to me, though. That piece is certainly inspiring, but I'm toying around with different ideas to get the perfect design. I just wish I was a better artist.

ETA: Thanks, Jia. I find it really annoying when I have a costume with earrings, since it means wearing clip-ons, which I find quite painful and they tend to leave little rashes on my earlobes. I also hate that there are tons of adorable earrings out there I have no use for... but for some reason, I feel like I shouldn't pierce my ears.

And that was a really early tattoo my sister did! She's expanded on her skills considerably since then. She's done some really pretty ones, but I think my favorite is one that's just a Slurpee and a Taco Bell Volcano Taco.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison

Last edited by penny_dreadful : 06-08-2011 at 02:25 PM.
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #66
Kyomi
SO ZETTA SLOW

I have two piercings on my left ear. It's funny to see people's reactions like 'Whoa, you only have one side pierced?" because it usually takes them a while to realize since I happen to have a mole on my right ear in the exact same spot as an earring should be so it throws people off.

I used to be an earring maniac but wearing them overnight makes me break into an allergic reaction.
Earring backs and titanium earrings get caught in my headphones a lot so recently I've switched to ballscrew earrings.
Kyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #67
hollowchrist
oi, watch it spaceman.

I have my ears pierced once, normal size. I like cute earrings too much to gauge them any. And I personally think gauged piercings are gross. I also have my belly button pierced. I used to have snakebites but one of them got infected and I didn't like just having one so i took them out and let them grow up.

I only have one tattoo right now and it's of a blue and pink cupcake on my inner hip. Totally kawaii desu you guys! No but seriously I love cupcakes. I'm hoping to get another one done soon, a memorial tattoo to my grandfather who passed away last fall.

My ears were pierced by the ladies at Claire's, and they're a little crooked. I got them done when I was in elementary school. I recall there was a little boy in the store at the time who wanted to get his pierced but after seeing me wail like a wimp he backed out of it.

super sailor chibi moon -- 85%
late but lucky (madness returns) -- planning

eBay | FaceBook | Marketplace
Add Me!
hollowchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #68
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Hmm, I wonder if they let employees not learn to pierce ears if they have a serious objection to it (for reasons I explained in one of my last posts. It's basically the worst way to pierce ears)... I applied for a job there, and if I get called back for an interview, I certainly don't want any part of causing blunt-force trauma, off-center piercings and chronic infections. I've actually told people who were considering it at Claire's to go to a proper piercing salon for those reasons, and all of them took my advice. Luckily the employees never overheard or they'd have probably made me leave.:P
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #69
DespairedPheonix
Elilicious

ive gottt, belly button, tongue web, septum, and lip. I used to have my tregus and my industrial. I had 12G ear lobes, but now they're normal sized. Honestly, after I got my lip done, which was really the only piercing i'd ever wanted in my life, I haven't gotten anything pierced XD
In the works: Sora, KHII | InuYasha, InuYasha | Rogue, X-Men

Facebook
| Deviantart
DespairedPheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #70
hollowchrist
oi, watch it spaceman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Hmm, I wonder if they let employees not learn to pierce ears if they have a serious objection to it (for reasons I explained in one of my last posts. It's basically the worst way to pierce ears)... I applied for a job there, and if I get called back for an interview, I certainly don't want any part of causing blunt-force trauma, off-center piercings and chronic infections. I've actually told people who were considering it at Claire's to go to a proper piercing salon for those reasons, and all of them took my advice. Luckily the employees never overheard or they'd have probably made me leave.:P
Mine aren't really that crooked, just enough for you to notice if you're looking. And the only reason I know is because I got them done a second time at Wal-Mart and the woman doing the piercing there commented on one of them being closer in towards my face than the other. I tend to forget about getting them pierced a second time because it was a few weeks before I found out I was pregnant and I took them out for some reason and they grew up. I also pierced my cartilage myself at 3 AM with a hot safety pin. That lasted all of three days. In hindsight that was a really bad idea, but I was also 14.

super sailor chibi moon -- 85%
late but lucky (madness returns) -- planning

eBay | FaceBook | Marketplace
Add Me!
hollowchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 03:14 PM   #71
angel_cutie

i only have a pair of normal lobe piercings

i want another pair of lobes
and Helix/Cartilage, tragus, and conch
angel_cutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 03:17 PM   #72
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

I've two in my left ear lobe, one stud and one ring but sometime i wear a feather in it as well. It's cool, my friends take the piss but what do they know? They're not as cool as me?!

I'm not sure if I want more, I'm always concerned what my parent's reaction would be. They've been fine so far. :/ I kinda want a scaffolding bar. I only want them in one ear though, that way i can still look normal facing the other way (could be usefull for photos).

I'd like a tattoo or a few, but really its all based on just finding or deciding on the right one. Plus cost. :P
Plus parents again.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 05:31 PM   #73
ShinobuWind
An Ocean Loving Nerd! =D

After the convention next week, I'll be getting my cartilage pierced, and possibly my double holes done!
ShinobuWind is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #74
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

You guys are making me want to go get pierced and tattooed NAO!
Unread 06-08-2011, 06:14 PM   #75
Infection
On Spam-Watch.

I'm more a tattoo guy than a piercing guy, but I do have a piercing too. My septum is pierced, both because looking animalistic is appealing to me and because my boss STILL has no idea I have it pierced despite me wearing it every...single...day. Highly recommend this piercing though for that purpose.
Infection is offline   Reply With Quote