Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 38 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-30-2011, 09:51 PM   #46
Skxawng

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeikoRae View Post
it looks fabulous! Great job! All that hard work really paid off ^_^ Can't wait to see more pics of you and the costume in action! (and do be carefull with the dagers... that, if they get knocked around they don't end up pulling/stretching/breaking at the mid section)
I wish I had read this earlier - I was getting into my car to go out downtown and one of the knives broke

Luckily I had cast it twice and had the original knife, so I rush-painted everything again, and while it didn't look nearly as good as the original, it did the job for the moment. I'm going to be remaking them with steel wire or an aluminum ruler as a base. I'm also going to be getting some resin dye so I don't have to paint the horn part of the handle, and some sheet brass for the hilt area, I think. Ultimately I'd like to actually try to make the blades out of aluminum, even though that'd probably never be OK to wear to a con or even out around a city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniiChan View Post
Love it!!!! Came out perfectly =) You best wear that to a con some day! I wanna see it in person!
Oh most definitely. I'm definitely going to be at MAGfest as i'm doing a panel but I don't think it'd be appropriate there. I'm definitely going to Katsucon, and SDCC next year, and of course Otakon, as I live in bmore.

My first time cosplaying last friday was so incredibly rewarding. I figured based off of my experience at lunch on friday barely anyone would recognize the character, but I had more or less the opposite experience. As soon as I walked in to this one bar like half the place blew up around me

This being my first cosplay ever, it was incredibly awesome and rewarding

As such, I've decided to remake a few parts of it so they'll look better and be more durable. Additionally, I realized that his belt is actually supposed to be golden and not chrome :P sooo I'm going to be re-making the medallions, coughing up the money to get them plastichromed, re-making the knives, getting THEM plastichromed, and a variety of other things before putting it on again. I'm also looking forward to having the arakh completed.

Soon, I'll have better quality photos to put online, and I'll also have some more progress pics!

Unread 10-31-2011, 08:57 AM   #47
NeikoRae

Don't know if you have a twitter account but @GameofThrones is holding a costume contest, you should totally enter ^_^ (just have to tweet them a pic or a link to a pic of you in costume)

Its great to hear your costume went over well! Can't wait to see some pics and good luck remaking/strenthening your accessories!
Unread 10-31-2011, 10:27 AM   #48
Skxawng

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeikoRae View Post
Don't know if you have a twitter account but @GameofThrones is holding a costume contest, you should totally enter ^_^ (just have to tweet them a pic or a link to a pic of you in costume)

Its great to hear your costume went over well! Can't wait to see some pics and good luck remaking/strenthening your accessories!
Ooh awesome thank you!!!
Unread 10-31-2011, 12:03 PM   #49
Skxawng

Moar Photos!!

Unread 10-31-2011, 08:06 PM   #50
fev
swirls while I swirl.

Awesome build thread! *subscribed*

[size="1"]
| Facebook | Prop blog | Prop site
fev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 06:58 AM   #51
Lokirathae

Amazing, I'm Sseechless!!
In the top photo in your picture post above, you look like a much beefy-er version of my sister's husband! He's a top bloke too
Hiatus:
- Beatrix, FFIX (Temp hold - lost wig/materials after moved house)
- Samus Aran (Investigating alternative options and use of LEDs)
Lokirathae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2011, 02:52 PM   #52
Erian

You did the best drogo costume I've actually seen!!!! Very amazing job!! Quality materials and so accurate!!!*____________*
And also thank you because your pictures helped me to made another quick Dorgo cosplay for a friend. (obviusly yours is the best!I love it!)
Erian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 04:58 AM   #53
AmoreMiAmor

Awwww, i miss Khal Drogo! my sun and stars

i miss them both :/
AmoreMiAmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 01:42 AM   #54
Realfiction

That costume is amazing. I would love to know if you would be willing to sell any of the peices. Specifically the medalions and knives. Thanks
Realfiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #55
swchase

Man this was so awesome, just wanted to say that you inspired me and my girlfriend to do our own. Mine is not as good as yours but it did turn out pretty well!
Thanks for the step by step process, i referenced your posts like 100 times over the last month building these.

Here are some pics from a party we went to over the weekend!

getting a fuller beard haha

us togather..

her getup..

some of my stuff... (I did not fully make the bracers, they were plain leather and I added the strips in and dyed everything to match)

I also wanted to let you guys know we are already on our next creation. I know this is all about the actual constructing of the clothing but i also know how hard and time consuming it can be. We are selling our complete outfits and certainly not trying to make a profit at all, just trying to help fellow cosplayers out haha. If anyone is interested let me know.
swchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 03:00 AM   #56
Alkaas

Wonderful.
Alkaas is offline   Reply With Quote