Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-24-2011, 12:05 AM   #46
Trumble
Learned to change this =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernochakram View Post
it's emotional level is almost the same as "Say you want to live Robin!" which is probably among the main reason why Enies Lobby/Water Seven is my FAVORITE Arc.
Oh come on dude nothing tops the "I WANT TO LIVE!"
Especially concidering the four episodes just before it having me on the verge of tears. After that I wanna live just had me bawling and all my friends making fun of my SUUUUUPER Frankyness
Damn I still shed a tear when re-watching that or Merry you know what.

Anyways props go out to all of Water 7/Enis Lobby being the peak of One Piece epicness

Quote:
YOU SHOULD TOTALLY GROW OUT A MOHAWK JUST TO BE MARCO!!!! lol. how long is your hair though? cause Shanks only goes down to like 1/3 or 1/2 of his neck. but yeah i agree unless Marco shows up with long hair it would be hard for you to do a Marco. but Shanks is definitely an option.

Also, on a sidenote, sorry to everyone if i spoiled anything for you.
Yeah man my hair reaches about halfway down my back his mohawk-ish hair it kinda out of the question =P

Unread 06-24-2011, 12:38 PM   #47
Nightwitch-Kat
Busty Princessa

I may try one of these fan Boa's over the summer:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/b...press.jpg?o=93
or
http://media.photobucket.com/image/b...ncock.jpg?o=95
or
http://media.photobucket.com/image/b...2023.jpg?o=194
or even Perona from this picture
http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=boa hancock&order=9&offset=336#/d2u5yy4

~ Up coming Cosplays ~
  • Princess Peach - Super Smash Bros

Last edited by Nightwitch-Kat : 06-24-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Nightwitch-Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #48
Trumble

Holy Crap That Last Picture Of All The Girls Was F'kn Epic!!
Unread 06-24-2011, 05:45 PM   #49
Nightwitch-Kat
Busty Princessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumble View Post
Holy Crap That Last Picture Of All The Girls Was F'kn Epic!!
Awesome eh! I love all the designs, particularly Perona and Boa...couldn't make Boa's giant Mecha of death thingie though...

~ Up coming Cosplays ~
  • Princess Peach - Super Smash Bros
Nightwitch-Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #50
Sushied
Crazy Bear Lady

Ooh man everyone has such amazing ideas! *ruffles hair* Jeezus-murphy-and-snickers I no longer have any bloomin' ideas for next year, I cannot think of what I could do oi vey, I will work on this O3<

Not sure if I'll be doing One Piece at all at this point actually
Commander Shepard (Mass Effect)
Clefairy Gijinka (Pokemon)

Last edited by Sushied : 06-25-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Sushied is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #51
kaizokudan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumble View Post
Oh come on dude nothing tops the "I WANT TO LIVE!"
. After that I wanna live just had me bawling and all my friends making fun of my SUUUUUPER Frankyness
Damn I still shed a tear when re-watching that or Merry you know what.
Same... as well as when *SPOILERmrtowscracifeidhmelisfSPOILER* man that really got to me, but yea i agree nothing beats "I want to live!"

Last edited by kaizokudan : 06-24-2011 at 07:25 PM.
kaizokudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2011, 12:16 AM   #52
infernochakram
Love-Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizokudan View Post
Same... as well as when *SPOILERmrtowscracifeidhmelisfSPOILER* man that really got to me, but yea i agree nothing beats "I want to live!"
i know!!!! and Trumble honestly if you aren't about to cry with either I wanna live or Merry then you aren't an Uber One Piece fan. lmao. but seriously yeah Water 7 Sanji is one of my favorite outfits and i so wanted to do that!!!! maybe next year if i can find an orange dress shirt with black stripes. i NEED that shirt.
infernochakram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2011, 12:22 AM   #53
infernochakram
Love-Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karitsa View Post
I've been so inactive! Summer is our busiest time of year at work, so I won't be making posts very often, but I'll try my best to keep up!

First, I'll address some comments/suggestions. My replies won't be in order, so I want to apologize in advance for making you read this suuuuuuuuuper long post... :P

All time/location suggestions have been taken into consideration. A final decision won't be made on these for several months, so I welcome further discussion!

I'd like some elaboration on the TCC parking lot location though. Wouldn't there be too many cars? Where were you thinking? Do you have any pics? Do tell!

Glad Bink's Sake is still a go. I'll take care of the lyric print-outs. To minimize waste, I'd like to print out as few copies as possible. I was thinking 10 copies. Do you guys think that will be enough?

Fake fight scenes sound great! I think it would be really neat if more people incorporated devil fruit powers into their cosplay. We had a BLAST with Perona's negative ghost last year!

Quizzes/puzzles sound interesting! Please elaborate! Let's keep in mind though that this is a gathering focused on taking pictures, so I'd like to avoid lengthy games that may not stir up interesting photos.

Photo requests from the crowd will DEFINITELY happen, most likely after the "planned" poses have been gone through.

A Davy Back Fight would be VERY cool. Please keep us posted! If we did hold one though, should it be held at a different time than the shoot? It may take a while to set up and run, and I'm afraid people may not stick around that long, especially if they aren't personally involved in the Davy Back games. Thoughts?

EDIT: Oh, I didn't see your later post until just now. It's nice to see it being held at a different time than the shoot. It's great that you're getting the kids involved! I'll be sure to check it out, though I won't be in my Keimi cosplay until the shoot itself.

You mentioned it at the end of one of your posts in the 2011 thread and I put it at the back of my mind for later. We seem to be naming the photoshoots after whatever opening theme is playing at the time, which I like very much.

I think you make a great Silvers! The super secret cosplay sounds amazing though, if you're able to pull it off. It sounds complicated, but awesooooooooooome!

I'm glad you like it! I think it will turn out pretty well, but even if it doesn't, it was worth a try!

I know! I was completely heartbroken. I loooooooooove Usopp. *sob*

It's great to hear that you're getting fit, but a skinny Blackbeard would look really strange, haha!

Looks like our cosplays will match quite nicely next year! Looking forward to taking SPOILER time-skip SPOILER photos with yoooooooooou~
(I stole your spoiler hiding idea, KamenRiderAgito... XD)

Are you for real? Please be Sanji FOREVER because you are PERFECT and it makes me giggle like a schoolgirl. XD

STOP IT. STOP BEING HILARIOUS. (No, don't. I heart you. XD)

AWESOME. JUST AWESOME. :O

Please keep the discussion going, everyone! I love to see this thread active, even if it's hard to keep up with sometimes. (Stupid work... *grumbles*)

Love you guys!!
I SHALL REMAIN SANJI FOREVER!!!! lol seriously though Sanji is my Favorite One Piece character. i WILL always do Sanji when i go to Anime North at least for the Photoshoot, most likely for the weekend haha. seriously though it totally works out bc, and i've prob said this already lol but just am not remembering when/where, i do Taekwondo and sparring is ALL KICKS. so all i need to do now is work on flexibility and the crazy handstand/flips and i'm golden. lol

but really thank you soo much for the compliments! i was thinking my cosplay wasn't that good lol just bc i'm really self conscious.
Unread 06-26-2011, 08:28 PM   #54
harudae
TOKUSENTAI

Wow, this thread's so active and it still practically another year til AN '12 o: OP love~

Planning it for sure next year after missing this year's shoot :3 Unlimited Cruise Luffy, you shall finally be finished for 2012. >: D
Yamuraiha - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Maybe? Aoi Asahina - Dangan Ronpa
harudae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2011, 12:00 AM   #55
Karitsa
The Black Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwitch-Kat View Post

The cheerleader Boa is surprisingly cute! That one's definitely my favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushied View Post
Ooh man everyone has such amazing ideas! *ruffles hair* Jeezus-murphy-and-snickers I no longer have any bloomin' ideas for next year, I cannot think of what I could do oi vey, I will work on this O3<

Not sure if I'll be doing One Piece at all at this point actually
Well, whatever cosplay you end up with, make sure you head over to the shoot so we can all catch dinner again.

Quote:
I SHALL REMAIN SANJI FOREVER!!!! lol seriously though Sanji is my Favorite One Piece character. i WILL always do Sanji when i go to Anime North at least for the Photoshoot, most likely for the weekend haha. seriously though it totally works out bc, and i've prob said this already lol but just am not remembering when/where, i do Taekwondo and sparring is ALL KICKS. so all i need to do now is work on flexibility and the crazy handstand/flips and i'm golden. lol

but really thank you soo much for the compliments! i was thinking my cosplay wasn't that good lol just bc i'm really self conscious.
WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! XD

Yeah, I always have a blast at the photoshoot. I told myself that no matter what cosplay I'm in for the weekend, I'll always hop into Keimi for a couple of hours on Saturday.

No need to be self-conscious! You are AWESOME. I love when people get into character!! XD

Cosplay is a great way for people to come out of their shell and become more confident. The more positive feedback you get, the better you feel about yourself! It certainly worked for me! I wouldn't have DARED to show my stomach a couple of years ago... and... well, this year, I was in a bikini top. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaeDrea View Post
Wow, this thread's so active and it still practically another year til AN '12 o: OP love~

Planning it for sure next year after missing this year's shoot :3 Unlimited Cruise Luffy, you shall finally be finished for 2012. >: D
I knoooooooooow! I hope I can keep up. I work 50+ hours a week during the summer, so I'm sure I'll fall behind eventually. *sweat drop*

Aw, too bad my Unlimited Cruise Keimi took a beating at the con. I can't wait to see your Luffy though!!

Nerdy stuff for sale on my deviantART page!
CUSTOM MY LITTLE PONY TOYS ALSO AVAILABLE
Karitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2011, 09:37 AM   #56
infernochakram
Love-Cook

Quote:

WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! XD

Yeah, I always have a blast at the photoshoot. I told myself that no matter what cosplay I'm in for the weekend, I'll always hop into Keimi for a couple of hours on Saturday.

No need to be self-conscious! You are AWESOME. I love when people get into character!! XD

Cosplay is a great way for people to come out of their shell and become more confident. The more positive feedback you get, the better you feel about yourself! It certainly worked for me! I wouldn't have DARED to show my stomach a couple of years ago... and... well, this year, I was in a bikini top. XD
thanks! yeah i'm sure it will help haha. just need to make next year even more awesome! but how...? hmmmm...............
Unread 06-27-2011, 02:29 PM   #57
Sushied
Crazy Bear Lady

Quote:
Well, whatever cosplay you end up with, make sure you head over to the shoot so we can all catch dinner again.

I think I'm having such troubles because I hardly find myself suiting for anyone ^^' I can't think/find anyone I'd be able to pull off
Commander Shepard (Mass Effect)
Clefairy Gijinka (Pokemon)
Sushied is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #58
kaizokudan

Quote:
I think I'm having such troubles because I hardly find myself suiting for anyone ^^' I can't think/find anyone I'd be able to pull off
Aphelandra or another amazon, Catarina Devon, Chimeny, Conis, Domino, Ever, Hina, Isoka, Kalifa, Kaya if you find an usopp, Kuina, Dr. Kureha, Laki, Miss Goldenweek or any Ms..., Mozu/Kiwi, Olvia Nico, Olive, Paula, Porsche, Rouge, Shakky, Shalulia, Tashigi, Victoria Cindry

Yes, I am that bored... didn't list the obvious ones or ones many people have already done
kaizokudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2011, 10:15 PM   #59
Trumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizokudan View Post
Aphelandra or another amazon, Catarina Devon, Chimeny, Conis, Domino, Ever, Hina, Isoka, Kalifa, Kaya if you find an usopp, Kuina, Dr. Kureha, Laki, Miss Goldenweek or any Ms..., Mozu/Kiwi, Olvia Nico, Olive, Paula, Porsche, Rouge, Shakky, Shalulia, Tashigi, Victoria Cindry

Yes, I am that bored... didn't list the obvious ones or ones many people have already done
Man I'm trying to convince my girlfriend to rock an Olvia!
Unread 06-29-2011, 06:49 PM   #60
infernochakram
Love-Cook

Quote:
what about Noriko?