Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-18-2011, 12:56 AM   #1
xichigo

Wig Site Review: Epic Cosplay

Things have been resolved now, but I do hope that next time it does not take this long with no communication. If you are unable to ship out a product for x amount of days, you let your customer know right away.

Last edited by xichigo : 06-19-2011 at 06:37 PM.
xichigo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-18-2011, 04:37 AM   #2
Foxberry
is a fluffy kitsune

Apparently they were having some troubles with their stock or something.
This is from their site:

EpicCosplay
All - sincere apologies for the lack of communication. It's been an extremely busy week with the collection and processing all of our inventory. All outstanding orders will be shipped, refunded or options provided by weekend's end. EC will be responsible for all of its shipping and customer service going forward. Expect good things in the coming days and weeks. ♥

Also something was going on between them and Coscom's shopping, not sure what's going on but there's apparently a lot of confusion.

Current:
Kinyoobi: Ocarina of Time Link
Sac Anime (!?)*: Joltik
Anime Destiny: OoT Link
Bay Area Conventions Meetups (Various)
*Sac Anime Summer is undecided.
Foxberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #3
xichigo

I don't think it's too difficult for them to send out an e-mail explaining the issue, rather than ignoring everyone for days and days when internet access is so easily accessible right now. I don't think the communication should ever LACK when it comes to a business. If you are busy, you let your customers know what's going on and that you won't be able to answer for blank amount of time.

Last edited by xichigo : 06-18-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Unread 06-19-2011, 03:48 AM   #4
Funhouse
icon by riku sora chan

I think the fact that they deleted your question raises big red flags to me. \:

Could be attending Phoenix Comic Con
Aboslutely going to San Diego Comic Con
Maybe Anime Vegas?
Sailor Jupiter, Alice, maybe steampunk?
Funhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
EpicCosplay
Wig Designer and Retailer

We corresponded over email. Hope the issue has been resolved to your satisfaction.
Thanks
EpicCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2011, 04:49 PM   #6
EpicCosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by xichigo View Post
Things have been resolved now, but I do hope that next time it does not take this long with no communication. If you are unable to ship out a product for x amount of days, you let your customer know right away.
Agree 100%

Please treat it as an isolated incident. Working to right the ship, thanks for your understanding.
Unread 06-28-2011, 10:22 PM   #7
xichigo

I thought all of your wigs are heat resistant and have more volume than regular kanekalon wigs? My wig melted right away from my curling iron and straightener. It also has no volume at all and tangles so easily. I compared it to the last wig I bought which is what I'm wearing in my profile picture. Very big difference. I don't understand why you guys do this. I even saw a negative feedback on your ebay store about how another customer got a non-heat resistant wig. What is happening to your business?
Unread 06-29-2011, 12:24 AM   #8
EpicCosplay

We've written back to you with an inquiry on your process and procedure. They are all heat resistant but there is a lot of variation on how people style these so you need to control for those variables. The one person that complained never elaborated on their process. One instance, person melted a wig by going 500 degrees directly to the fiber without any kind of moisture on the wig. This wouldn't work well for your own hair so, it certainly wouldn't work on a wig.

Any case, we can assure you the products are fine and we are able to work with anyone on issue resolution.
Unread 07-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #9
xichigo

Right now with the time I have, I just need a wig at least 18" natural blonde. I emailed you guys back. Did all of your staff go to AX? I haven't gotten a response in 3 days.
Unread 08-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #10
exclibur731
Berks County Cosplayer

Arrow Epic Cosplay wig question?

'm saving for the 15" Black straight wig on epic cosplay but I was wondering about how much does the shipping cost to PA?
Unread 08-20-2011, 12:58 PM   #11
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

http://www.epiccosplay.com/shipping-information.html but it doesn't say much. Since they're shipping from the US, it'll be somewhere between 5-10 dollars ish.

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
KnightJeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2011, 12:50 AM   #12
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

i have a question on epiccosplay wig sizes. do they come in the bigger sizes like ardas do?
i was looking at this wig
http://www.epiccosplay.com/12-dark-b...splay-wig.html
its a good length for the next wig i need to style. but i need to make sure it fits. arda seemed to be the only place that has wigs big enough but if this one is big enough i may buy it
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Akicon 2014 (so far):
-Nepgear (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
-Akaito (Vocaloid [Maybe])
-Link (Zelda OOT [Maybe])

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 02:43 AM   #13
aMURica
Doesn't Give Bad news

Nah, they're not as big as Arda. Arda's wigs are specially made for people with large heads. I have a tiny head, and I usually buy from EpicCosplay because they're more suited to my skull.

Next Cons:Otakon 2012 / AFO 13 - Now with portal Panels! / Anime Weekend Atlanta 2012

Next Cosplays: Fancy Dreamer Sollux -90% / Magicastuck John Egbert - 15% /Human Wheatley - 80%

Selling stuff: Here.
aMURica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #14
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

well, nevermind. im not going to that site anymore. not only are they too small for me, but the one i bought in the link i posted before, it says it can be styled with productst, but it cant. that was a huge waste of money and im running out of fucking time to get it styled. so im not trusting anything that site says. it ony takes one falsely advertised product to make someone not want to buy from them..too bad
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Akicon 2014 (so far):
-Nepgear (Hyperdimension Neptunia)
-Akaito (Vocaloid [Maybe])
-Link (Zelda OOT [Maybe])

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #15
dizzylizzy
I sew things

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
well, nevermind. im not going to that site anymore. not only are they too small for me, but the one i bought in the link i posted before, it says it can be styled with productst, but it cant.
They are able to be styled. With all wig styles, styles cannot be done in a matter of minutes. It can take an hour or two... or 10. Depending on the type of style, you may have to use heat to set. The fibers are sewn in certain directions which can only be changed with heat and/or product.

I'm just chiming in because I've styled that wig a number of times with Rave 4x hold hairspray and a blowdryer.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dizzy...49665061805445
dizzylizzy is offline   Reply With Quote