Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

Unread 10-28-2011, 06:18 PM   #31
gejen

(wow such fast replies i feel so loved.) i would like to join a few cosplay groups and i am in the process of creating a costume i just dont know were to wear it.
gejen is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-28-2011, 09:21 PM   #32
Safeas117
Sempai-is-a-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by gejen View Post
(wow such fast replies i feel so loved.) i would like to join a few cosplay groups and i am in the process of creating a costume i just dont know were to wear it.
Haha naww , Well the first thing we need to work out is where you live? There are conventions all over the place, so you've just gotta find one near your area.

What's your costume that your making? Looking forward to seeing it!
Safeas117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #33
Nanarin

Well, I'm 13 so I guess... I'm still pretty young right? xD
(I turned 13 like... Some days ago. Makes me feel old... >.>)
I'm still working on my cosplay costume for AVcon next year (Couldn't make it this year, my friends ditched me and decided to go to a concert instead v.v)

It kind of sucks for me because I live in Adelaide and there are hardly ANY cons here, I could always go by plane to Sydney or Melbourne but I wouldn't be able to do that EVERY time- because it'll cost too much. A poor 13 year old cosplayer's life *sigh.* Orz.
Nanarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 11:00 PM   #34
gejen

well i am able to cosplay at melbourne but there isnt any events on and i dont want to be alone in a sea of strangers:'(
Unread 10-29-2011, 07:17 AM   #35
Skyline_Tracer

Hey there. I'm 15 and from Melbourne.

Meiko Sakine Headphones - 5% complete

Lavi's Hammer - 5% complete

Ponyo - 0% complete

Graham Spector - 0% complete

--

My deviantART
Skyline_Tracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 07:59 AM   #36
Safeas117
Sempai-is-a-man

# Nanarin
Hi! And err late happy birthday? , Awesome to hear about your getting ready for AVcon, good luck! Yeah, I see there is only a small amount , at least you have the possible option of going down to Melbourne or Sydney etc, although it would indeed cost alot!

# gejen
I see, well there are I believe cosplay meet-ups held around Melbourne every few months, you could always go to these, meet people there and maybe for a small group to go to cons with? I understand you not wanting to be alone in a large sea of people, it can be daunting however, the cosplay community (especially in Melbourne) is very friendly, so you could always say hello to people, and you won't feel as alone with all them around . You'll find that if you cosplay people will come up and talk to you about random things...this is a good way to start a friendship .

# Skyline
Hi! Nice to meet you! As I said I'm 16, originally from Melbourne (living in Geelong now XD) I'm relatively new to cosplaying, but I've done two cosplays at each of the cons I've been to so far. What are your cosplay plans? And what cons do you plan on going to?
Unread 10-30-2011, 03:06 AM   #37
gejen

(skyline)hey skyline sup? Been to any cosplays yet?

(safeas117)sorry i fogot to spoil/give clues to what im making; its a nintendo character.

(note if anyone is making costumes dont try to spray paint clothes i learned the hard way)
Unread 10-30-2011, 08:26 AM   #38
Skyline_Tracer

#Safeas117 ~ Nice to meet you too. I tried commenting on your other thread, the one about cosplay meets and stuff, but for some strange reason it wasn't working XD Anywho, I'm also new to cosplaying and so far I've dressed as Chihiro from Spirited Away, Pikachu and Near from Death Note. My current plans are to dress as Graham Spector from Baccano, Ponyo from Ponyo and Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto. I have a longer list than that, but only so many at a time ^_^ The main conventions I go to are Manifest and Supanova. Sometimes I go to Armageddon. How about you?

#Gejen Yeah. I've been to one meet so far, and I go to Supanova and Manifest. Currently I've cosplayed as Near from Death Note, Pikachu and Chihiro from Spirited Away. How about you?

Ponyo - 0% complete

--

My deviantART
Unread 10-31-2011, 02:19 AM   #39
Safeas117
Sempai-is-a-man

Hey Skyline , Thanks I replied to you there , Umm so far I have cosplayed as Soul Eater Evans (guess what from :P) and Yadomi Jintan from AnoHana, I've got a few others in mind for next year...but there is a few :P, I've so far only been to Manifest and Armageddon, I plan to try make every convention each year (go me!) I hear you on the so many to chose from !
Unread 11-01-2011, 03:49 AM   #40
Skyline_Tracer

That's cool! I really want to do a Soul Eater cosplay at some stage.

Since you're planning an Itachi and I'm planning a Sasuke, we should totally meet at a con and take some photos.

Ponyo - 0% complete

--

My deviantART
Unread 11-04-2011, 04:03 AM   #41
gejen

@ Skyline Tracer i havent cosplayed yet...
Unread 11-04-2011, 05:06 AM   #42
ToxicFantasyVII
Cosplay is sarifice!

gejen- don't worry about not cosplaying yet. I recommend if you are going to make your own first cosplay, don't do it the night before like I did. I thought no one would care if I didn't look accurate but that wasn't the problem. I didn't know what the word "hem" was back then and I had threads flying all over the place, I didn't measure myself pproperly and it was too big, had no idea how to wear a wig and it pretty much sucked! So my advice, PLAN!!!
ToxicFantasyVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 07:16 AM   #43
Safeas117
Sempai-is-a-man

Skyline - Yeah, my friend told me that she wanted to go as Maka, so I was like "Hells yeah I'll go as Soul :P" I was very happy, my first convention too , Oh awesome! Sounds good, what conventions are you planning on going to next year?
Unread 11-04-2011, 09:30 PM   #44
Skyline_Tracer

#Gejen ~ Don't worry if you haven't cosplayed yet. I only started this year so it's not as if I'm a pro or anything. I completely agree with ToxicFantasy, if you want to make a first copslay, don't leave it till the night before. You'll just put yourself under so much more stress. Plan ahead. Also, I would suggest trying something simple for your first. Mine was Chihiro's casual outfit from Spirited Away. Even though it appeared simple, I still had a lot of difficulty with it because I'm a sewing noob XD My final piece of advice is to cosplay as someone you actually like, not just cosplay them because they look cool.

#Safeas ~ I'm planning on going to Supanova Melbourne and Manifest next year. Armageddon is always uncertain for me.

Ponyo - 0% complete

--

My deviantART
Unread 11-05-2011, 01:06 AM   #45
Safeas117
Sempai-is-a-man

That's 100% right, whethere you plan to buy your cosplays or make them, don't leave it late! It'll come back to haunt you , For your first cosplay definietly chose someone who you like, but is an easy not too time consuming cosplay to attempt, unless you can get help from say family members (my first cosplay was made by my Grandma, she's an amazing sewer, as I have to sewing skills at all :P) That's my advice and pretty much the same as what Toxic and Skyline have said .

#Skyline, Alright! I'm planning on going to both of those, as well as Animania, I'm interested to see how Animania is...whether or not it's worth going to yearly. Armageddon is at exam time next year :/, so that's a tough one to answer too :/.