Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Makeup/Eye Contacts Review

Unread 06-25-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
Nijigasumi
Hell... I don't know

Review: Sugarpill Cosmetics

Name of Products: Sugarpill Cosmetics

Where Purchased: http://www.sugarpillshop.com/

Product Description: Sugarpill Cosmetics is a custom line of vibrant, richly pigmented, velvety pressed eyeshadows and sparkling loose powders. And are Vegan friendly.

Pros: The size is a huge plus right out of the gate. It's 4 grams of product for the pressed shadows for only 12 dollars. Which is a steal for anyone who is used to MAC shadows which are 1.5g for nearly 15 dollars. The color payoff for the pressed shadows is phenomenal. So far I only have to swipe my brush 2 to 3 times to get enough build up of product for application. Since the pigment is so rich, a little goes a long way. Also, these colors are all very bright. There's no such thing as a "neutral color" in this line. So if you're a fan of Kryolan you'll enjoy this. I consider this makeup to be midway of the price range spectrum. It's the step between drugstore and department, but with department results. Another pro is the ability to pop the pressed shadows out since they're held in by magnets. So you could kind of swap out colors and make your own palette for when you go to events. So far I've had no troubles with this rubbing off or melting on me. A definite must for anyone who doesn't have a lot of bright colors or makeup to start out on. The packaging just screams Kawaii! It's absolutely adorable! Amy, the creator of this line, definitely put out a lot of money on just that alone. On a side note, the matte white is THE best white I've ever used, it shows up great. =^_^=

Cons: They're really not many cons actually. Maybe the only one I have is that I wish there were more pressed shadows. Especially pressed metallics. As of right now there are only 9 matte colors. I'm not really sure if I should even list this as a con but sometimes certain pressed shadows will stain you lids a bit. I've had that problem with "Dollipop", the bright pink, a few times but it never lasts too long.

Overall Rating: I'd give this a 10 for sure. Bright colors, fun packaging, great color payoff, great value for money, and wonderful customer service from Amy.

Note: Everything is made in California and they do ship internationally. =^_^=

I also experimented with the Burning Heart palette and have the pictures and instructions up on my blog. I also have one where I used the loose pigments too. =^_^=

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Homey Don't Play That." -Homey The Clown

Blog

Etsy
Nijigasumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-27-2011, 04:13 PM   #2
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

I'm just adding to this but i have Sweetheart, Burning Heart palettes, Bulletproof Pressed Eyeshadow pot along with sample of there pigments and 4 in full size.

You be the judge.
http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...swatche d.jpg
http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...e_swatches.jpg

I will agree they can stain your skin since they are so pigment but that should not be a problem if you use a base.

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by WARPAINTandUnicorns : 06-27-2011 at 04:15 PM.
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
Nijigasumi
Hell... I don't know

I do use a primer but I sometimes still have problems. Just with the pink and loose pigment Absinthe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Homey Don't Play That." -Homey The Clown

Blog

Etsy
Nijigasumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
Kyuushin
Wakawakawakawaka

Whenever you have a highly pigmented red or pink color you're always going to get a bit of staining. I have a bright pink from Make-Up Forever and a red from Hot Topic. Both of them stain like no tomorrow, so I don't consider that a con as much as it is a necessary nuisance.
Kyuushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 05:53 PM   #5
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

^ Agreed. Something about red in general makes it a pain to deal with. Clothes, makeup, nail polish, hair dye, anything red will bleed and stain like no one's business. All I can suggest for red/pink eyeshadow is to use makeup remover cloths instead of cream or soap. They always work for me no matter what colors I'm using (some may take a few extra swipes than others, though).
Unread 10-02-2011, 06:20 PM   #6
Umineko

I have their Magpie, Birthday Girl & Tiara Loose Eyeshadow, I like their sparkle ^_^
Unread 10-24-2011, 06:18 AM   #7
AbraahamJohn

Finding Sugar pill for cheap? You are like me I am always looking for a way to save money but has the best products out there. If you are looking for cheap in price a lot of the time you sacrifice quality of the product, it may be a knockoff or could have a reaction to the skin. So I would say shop at those "wholesale" sites at your own risk. If it’s an AMAZING deal it’s probably too good to be true.

Now for great pigment eye shadow that won’t break the bank is an easy one. NYX has a great variety of shadows with some great pay off, if you are looking for a brighter color you can always add in one of their famous JUMBO eye pencils. I love there JUMBO pencils! You can use them as a base for any eyeshadow and get great color payoff and long lasting wear. (Just make sure you blend well to prevent creasing)

Loreal Hip has some amazing duos and you can mix and match the duos for a night out on the town! What I love most about them is if you use certain colors wet, POW you've got a waterproof eyeshadow with crazy pigment payoff!

These are 2 of my favorite reasonably priced eyeshadow that I own and use. You don't always have to buy the expensive make up to get a celebrity look you can use what you have a just tweak a bit to match your personal style. But it is nice to reward yourself with one or two every once in while
AbraahamJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 08:00 PM   #8
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Are you a troll? My troll/spammer senses are tingling......
Unread 11-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #9
Kyuushin
Wakawakawakawaka

It does seem like a troll, but they bring u a good point. Sugarpill is a fantastic product, but a bit on the expensive side for people who are on a budget. NYX is a very good substitute. They're products are less pigmented than Sugarpill, but definitely worth their price. HIP though, I don't think is worth it unless you're getting it on sale.
Kyuushin is offline   Reply With Quote