Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Other Fashion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-28-2011, 04:24 PM   #16
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeleeleelee View Post
Actually, in my experience, there is stigma against the opposite of that: wearing the band's shirt to their concert.
Wow, I never knew being told exactly what you can and can not wear was so rock and roll!

You know what fuck it, fuck that and fuck everyone else. People should just wear what ever they want. If you're seriously being judged for wearing a band's own tee to their gig then fuck those guys, what does it matter to them? Nothing, it's not going to spoil anyone's experience of the concert unless something is wrong with them.

I mean listen to this shit.
"7. You may not wear a new concert t-shirt for 2 weeks (especially the next day) "

Err no. Fuck you. I'll wear what I bloody well like! Outside of the gig especially. Like hell am I waiting 2 fucking weeks to wear a poxy t-shirt?!

There are benefits to wearing the band's own tee, on the way to the gig you can spot who's going. You can chat to them, talk to them about the band ect. You wouldn't be able to be able to do that if you didn't recognise the band shirt eh? I was meeting up with some people from online a while ago to see a band in Camden, we were meeting outside the tubestation and I'd have had no chance of spotting them if they weren't wearing... you guessed it... THE BAND T-SHIRTS OF THE BAND WE WERE SEEING.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #17
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

LOL. Guess it's a good thing I don't go to more concerts, then, if the audience has now turned into a bunch of cliquey lolita-esque (I say that because of all those infamous strict rules in the fashion) "fans".
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 12:25 AM   #18
junrey45

I think you would be best off wearing a pair of etnies with black jeans or washed out jeans and a bright red dressy shirt. A pair of fancy red earings and some jewelery to top it off. And a bit of makeup. For the last touch wear a warm, stylish jacket and you'll be good to go and impress!
junrey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #19
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

I used to go to more concerts, but nowadays, I mainly go to free wizard rock concerts.

When I was a kid going to concerts, it was often because my dad was running sound, and I didn't care about the group/singer. Sometimes, I got into bands and singers BECAUSE of the concerts my dad ran sound for.
Then again, most of the bands I liked at the time were either dead or broken up. Heheh. Or Weird Al. In which case, I went to four or his concerts and dressed up as insanely as I could (the last one, I even got to meet him and came away with his compliments on my getup). Now that I've been getting into steampunk bands, I'll probably go to their shows in steampunk wear (guess I'm square or something). So far, I've been seeing their shows at cons where I'm already dressed up.

I go all out when going to wizard rock shows. Once, I went as full-on Snape, and everyone loved it. Usually, I dress like a young wizard trying to dress like a muggle punk (mismatched pieces of Slytherin green with some HP merch thrown in for good measure).

As for what I saw a lot when traveling with my dad - people in jeans and t-shirts (often the band's shirt, sorry to say to the elitists). This was pretty much the same across country, rock, oldies, whatever shows. Of course, with the country singers, you were more likely to have the people in flannel or cowboy boots (yeah, people still wear 'em). I guess it just depends on the subculture that likes the band. Dress how they dress if you want to fit in. Dress in something wild if you want attention.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 12:08 PM   #20
eBay Sniper
Sanguini Draculae

I'm going to throw in my latest concert experience here. When I saw Dragonforce in LA in 09, I totally cosplayed my White Mage from Final Fantasy. What was awesome was that I was actually being recognized by other concert goers and given a lot of good compliments.

2014 cons: Whatever happens down in Pensacola or where ever life takes me!

Deviant Art - http://scarlet-impaler.deviantart.com/
Facebook - www.facebook.com/marluxia.tepes
eBay Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #21
~BloodCaduceus~
Future Trauma Surgeon

I've been to MANY concerts, but I keep a few things common.

First of all, I don't wear ANYTHING I am afraid of breaking/being lost/stolen, ect. It's not worth the risk, no matter how great it looks.

Second, I try NOT to carry a purse or any kind of bag, as that may get stolen or pick-pocketed.

Clothing-wise, I wear something relating to the performer I want to see. For heavy metal concerts, I wear T-shirts with the band's name on it, and I tend to go crazy with special effects makeup (like doing a logo or design from their albums).

For a concert like Video Games Live, yes, I cosplay, but with consideration for those around me. I don't carry large props, wear bulky costumes, or tall heels that could cause me to block someone else's view.

Next convention: NYCC (Saturday Only)
Costume: Hades from Saint Seiya The Lost Canvas

Proud Member of Cosplay Burlesque!
~BloodCaduceus~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #22
XxChibiArtistxX
Megaweenie Extraordinaire

I usually just wear a tank top, jeans/jean shorts and some comfy sneakers ^^ I like to look awesome without overheating XD

Possible 2013 Cosplays
Velvet Squiddleknit Rose LalondeFem!GamzeeGod Tier Roxy LalondeJack Frost

TumblrTwitter
XxChibiArtistxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #23
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

I don't dress up for concerts. Jeans and a t shirt. Maybe throw in shorts instead (with tights in the spring or fall). Unless it's like Warped Tour. Then it's tank tops or athletic shirts (under armor!) and comfy shorts. And I always bring a bag, like a small back pack or an crossbody bag to keep my camera, phone, wallet, and merch in.

And sneakers. Sneakers all the time.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt

Last edited by StrawberrySiren : 08-11-2011 at 09:03 PM.
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2011, 01:25 AM   #24
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

local shows: whatever I feel like wearing. Chances are, I am gonna find a place to sit and chat with buddies.

Big ol concerts (alternative, pop, rock): leggings, boots or sneakers, maybe a cute dress instead, and always a hoodie. I do the leggings-long tank dress option a lot. Not much for jeans at these since it is annoying and not very movable.
I always have a bag.

Opera/theater performance with seats; something classic and elegant that reflects my age. a knee length dress and heels are apropriate.

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 12:34 AM   #25
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

Can I just say something? Why would you wear heels to an outdoor music festival? I was at Virgin Free Fest this weekend and there were some girls with the craziest heights of heels. We've had rain for a week straight prior to the show. Why would you think that's a good idea?

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 07:16 PM   #26
hajikee
CHEESECAEK

I went to SM Town Paris in shorts w/ leggings, a plain t-shirt and a red cardigan.

being comfortable is key, but it shouldn't matter what you wear.

i saw heaps of people wearing big bang merch to an sm town...... like, cool you have clothes from uniqlo (i have big bang shirts/jumpers from there too) but seriously... to sm town?
Monoko, Yume Nikki: 40%
hajikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #27
Pitermix

I usually wear gorgeous dress for concerts.