Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Dynasty Warriors

Unread 07-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
Onishuma

Ranmaru Mori

I know that this isn't Dynasty, but Samurai Warriors is close enough.
Let's get one thing out of he way shall we. This should be my first REAL cosplay ever. I've decided on going as Ranmaru Mori from the samurai warriors series (For those of you who don't know, I'll give you a few images) and I'm stuck at stage one. Just getting the materials I need.

I think I'll be able to find the fabric for the vest, but the only place that sells costume supplies doesn't have what I need. (Wig, Sword, Boots)

Anyone know where I could get any of these that match the character?

http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...anmaruMori.png

http://www.koei.com/SamuraiWarriors/...ter_pop_10.jpg

http://files.myopera.com/nobita992/a...aru%20mori.jpg
Onishuma is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
strawberry neko
aka Kat Vu

I see your need for accuracy, but sometimes you'll just have to do what is provided for you. What most people in your situation do is make the products themselves.

For wig:
Buy a short black wig (or a long one, if you want to have long bangs). Style the bangs how you would like them to look.
Buy a black clip on as the pony tail and clip on at the back of the wig while you wear it.

Sword:
For most accuracy, people make it from scratch. Cut it out of wood, sand it, paint it. Or make it out of cardboard, paper mache it, sand it, paint it.

But I'm not the one that's picky about accuracy. I would just simply buy a wooden kendo bokken (this would probably be best, especially with weapons policy with cons these days.)

Boots:
I would generally find suitable CHEAP boots and then cover them over with a choice of material. I would highly recommend against painting, unless you know how the paint does with the boots.

But if you're not too picky about accuracy, just buy some boots that are as close as you can get to accuracy.

In desperation, you can find many resources on the internet if you can't find them near you! Good luck!
Unread 07-07-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
Onishuma

Thanks. The internet gave me nothing. I'm pretty sure my costume store has wigs like that, but I'm going to have to look into styling.

I've heard something about making swords out of PVC and Plastic, but I'll give the Bokken a try if I can find any.

The boot shouldn't be too hard either. I can just get some slim ones and use cloth or something for the guards.
Onishuma is offline   Reply With Quote