Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 07-03-2011, 10:21 PM   #1
StormyRavenNeko

Trades

I started a trade with someone who's had no previous feedback and I have heard no word back yet if they shipped and I've already shipped my part. I am starting to freak out. What do I do if I never receive their part? What do I do to get my part of the trade back? If it was something cheap I wouldn't care but it's a $40 wig. I already know the site itself is not responsible for bad trades.
StormyRavenNeko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #2
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

You have almost no recourse, short of publicly announcing that said person is a cheat. This is why trades are risky; you don't even have the protection that your bank, credit card company, or PayPal can give you when you pay actual money. You are sending your goods into the void.

But before you let the world know that someone is a thief and a liar, be sure you've made a fair effort to get in contact. Try email, multiple times over the course of several days. Try phone if you can. And wait a generous amount of time for the package to arrive.

If none of these approaches work, you're boned. Wiser, perhaps, but boned. And you can feel perfectly free to tell everyone the details so we know who not to deal with.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2011, 03:34 AM   #3
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Make yourself known as a really noisy buyer and a bad person to tangle with :P

Review everything every way you possibly can. Develop a reputation as a reviewer.

Only then will the promise of a poor review have business-owners and repeat business-doers taking you a bit more seriously than you otherwise might.

Short of that (and even then), you're at the mercy of honesty 9 times out of 10.

Some people don't haven't got much in the way of it.
Make sure other people know this.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #4
nannyogg
:)

I wonder, if you kept the emails about the trade, can you appeal to the state attorney general's office (or equivalent if not in the US) about mail fraud, especially if it's across state lines? Probably not much recourse if out of the country, but it's something to consider checking out if they don't respond to your queries about what happened to the trade.
nannyogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #5
StormyRavenNeko

I'm getting annoyed with this person, I've messaged her multiple times and it says she last visited the site last night Monday July 4th around 10. WTF?! How hard is it to reply to someone you're involved in a trade with? =_= I'm giving her two weeks and if I hear nothing I'm calling her out publicly and going to my local Attorney General's office to see if there's anything that can be done since the trade only happened across state borders. I have never had any trouble on other sites trading before until now, or selling for that matter. If I by some miracle get my merchandise I will be sure to write a bad review based upon the communication. I hate being a mean person but I will get ugly if it comes down to it.
StormyRavenNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #6
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

I am curious is anything can be done at your attorney general's office due to it being across state borders. I'm in a situation where I'll be contacting mine, but it has to do with across state lines as well.

I hope you can figure something out.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote