Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Soul Eater

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-05-2011, 12:01 AM   #1
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Edible Souls/Kishin Eggs

I'm a fan of edible souls for characters to eat. People looooved it when I had them walking around. What is everyone's idea of a good edible soul recipe?

I've always seen the gelatin soul that someone made on deviantart, but making a food-safe silicone mold is very expensive! Plus, with my experience, the weight of the ball part is very heavy, even with a very solid gelatin so if one were to hold it by the top part, it would break.

For Colossalcon, I made my souls out of rice crispy treats and fruit rollups (the sheet kind in red). I took a rice crispy treat, rolled it into a ball, and then sandwiched it between red roll up sheets. I then carved out the ball and the little wispy tail thingy and smoothed out the seams. It was super delicious too, which was surprising because fruit rollups and rice crispy treats are an interesting combo.

Share your ideas/recipes!

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
KnightJeran is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-08-2011, 11:29 PM   #2
Convulsive
My name is Kan

Oh my, I HAVE to do this. I think I will do Kishin egg lollipops. Not sure how, but - I WILL! xD

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Lollipops are GENIUS! I've thought about candies, chocolates would melt, lollipop are genius... I always have a problem about molds though. I've never made one!

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
Unread 07-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #4
Convulsive
My name is Kan

there used to be a lollipop commercial where you could make them, you'd just lay down wax paper and the lollipop sticks and pour/shape the candy bits. Not sure how well that will go for me...

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Unread 07-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #5
pokkypok

... This is the greatest idea ever. XDD
This might not be good to transport, but I think It would be awesome to to make them out of cakeballs and... Some other stuff. This will require more thought.
Does anyone have any pictures?
pokkypok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #6
Convulsive
My name is Kan

Found a tutorial:
http://www.howcast.com/videos/148721...Make-Lollipops

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Unread 07-24-2011, 02:44 AM   #7
heaven_firings

So I was doing some searching and found out about this stuff called silicone plastique, It's kind of like other mold making methods but it's safe/intended for use with foods.

http://www.marthastewart.com/342175/lollipops
That is for a lollipop recipe, but the stuff about the silicone plastique is in the videos. Now that I found something like this it may be something to do when I fix up Stein. And now others can do it too.
heaven_firings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2011, 08:40 AM   #8
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Cakeballs covered in chocolate on sticks would be really sweet! and you can just mold and attach the little tailthingies easily! They would easily melt, but they're a fabulous idea! I've unfortunately never been good at making candy like that video does, but I'm so excited to make some cake pops!'

EDIT: BTW!!! Here's a pic of my rice crispy treat souls! http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2970141/ It's unfortunately the last one of the day (aka the runt of the batch) so it looks kinda small and wobbly.

Last edited by KnightJeran : 07-24-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Unread 07-26-2011, 12:44 AM   #9
pokkypok

@KnightJeran: That looks awesome! I'm definetly inspired to try making my own now... I think I'll try all these different methods. Maybe even the lollipops. ...maybe.
pokkypok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 01:46 PM   #10
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

I tried making kishin egg cake pops, but I can't seem to get a smooth coating of chocolate on them (darn you professionals!). I want them to be really smooth, but I don't know how. They're a great idea though, and if I could only figure out how to make them smooth, I could attach the little tail and they'd be perfect! >.<

Unread 07-28-2011, 05:22 PM   #11
darrenxaxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightJeran View Post
I tried making kishin egg cake pops, but I can't seem to get a smooth coating of chocolate on them (darn you professionals!). I want them to be really smooth, but I don't know how. They're a great idea though, and if I could only figure out how to make them smooth, I could attach the little tail and they'd be perfect! >.<
Perhaps fondent(spl?) would get you a smooth serface.

NEXT CONVENTIONS:
Ikasucon 2012

Please help a desperate cosplayer make quick money for a Sailor Neptune cosplay by taking a gander at these wigs I am selling for cheap. FREE SHIPPING hint hint:
http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s...ct/63696/cat/1
darrenxaxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 05:52 PM   #12
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Fondant sounds relatively ok. Not a lot of people like fondant (its a "you like it or you don't" thing a lot of the times). I've seen people pour very hot chocolate onto the balls on a grate so that the chocolate that doesn't attach to the balls just goes through the grate and into a bowl below. That might be good instead of dipping.

Other alternatives for cake balls is rolled rice crispy treats and chocolate. They wouldn't require refrigeration, just make sure they didn't melt.

There's not a lot of other round treats except doughnut holes...

Unread 09-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #13
Seena-Cha
Cosplay Guru of Love

My friend used cotton candy when she was soul (:

TBA
Seena-Cha is offline   Reply With Quote