Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Germany

Unread 07-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
CyberCandy
Just a v i r u s

Visiting germany?

Hey I plan to take a trip to germany next year. I would love to go to an anime con there. & visit some other sites too. So any sugguestions? My trip will be between july and september (: thanks so much

CyberCandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #2
Kira-hime

I would highly recommend learning some German. I went to Uni in Germany and though most Germans speak English, they greatly appreciate Americans who try. Of course, it's not a language you can learn overnight but even just a few simple phrases usually make people happy. As far as conventions go, Dokomi in Düsseldorf is AMAZING. I was very sick when I got there and I still had a great time. The people are wonderful and very nice and there's a fairly large population of Japanese speakers there as well (was great for me because I could practice my Japanese AND German in the same city ) I don't know if I would suggest it if you can't speak German though. It's outside of the main city of Düsseldorf and navigating can be a bit difficult, even with speaking some of the language. Um...there's Chisai Con in Bremen but that's really small, as the name suggests. There's of course, AniMagic but I don't know much about it. I hope that helps somewhat!

AWA -Chrome (Katekyo Hitman Reborn!), Victorique (Gosick), Hatsune Miku (Vocaloid)
Kira-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
Bluewater

I can recommend you Leipziger Buchmesse (March), Japan Day Düsseldorf (June), Connichi (September/BTW THE BEST!). =)
Bluewater is offline   Reply With Quote