Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 12-16-2016, 11:34 AM   #1
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Christmas stories!

So it's barely a week 'til Christmas, and I was thinking, "Everyone's got some memory of the holidays they'll remember forever" on top of wanting to spread some good old Christmas cheer. So, let's share our funniest/cutest/most heartwarming and/or memorable stories! (And yes, Hannukah/Kwanzaa/Diwali etc. ones count too!)

Mine is that when I was five, I lived in a little town on a cul-de-sac street that was full of kids my age. The night before Christmas eve I was sitting on the couch in the living room one evening, before I saw a very shocking surprise out the window- Santa Claus was walking along the street, ho-ho-hoing, ringing his bells and waving at all the houses with kids in them! I of course waved back, thought it was the real Santa, and Mom assured me "Oh, he's just practicing for tomorrow! And you've been good so you know he'll come back again!"
I found out a few years ago, now entirely grown up, that one of the neighbours down the street had rented a Santa suit and did that just for all the kids on the block (and most of the other kids had the exact same reaction as me!). What a sweet gesture.

And here's a Xmas tradition I always did, did anyone else do this too? I always left carrot pieces out for the reindeer and an extra cookie with a note to save one for Mrs. Claus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-17-2016, 02:47 PM   #2
AlaizabelCray
Welcome to My World...

I think one of my favorite holiday memories was about four years ago. We went to a holiday party at my mom's friend's house just outside of Denver. Since this was going on when everyone thought the world was going to end on 12/21/2012, we joked that it wasn't just a Christmas party, but an end-of-the-world party.

I also really loved the Christmas I had when I was fifteen even though I was dealing with a lot of mental health issues back then. It was the Christmas my dad got married and he and his wife had a really beautiful ceremony at a resort out in Palm Springs. It was something really special that I got to be a part of.

I've been cast as a voice actress for the second season of this awesome new web series! Come check it out and support all of the talents who worked so hard on it!
http://www.limitednight.com/
AlaizabelCray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2016, 12:11 AM   #3
xRenascent
That crazy chick

Man, speaking of 12/21/2012...I flew out to Australia (well, LA first) that day. It felt pretty ominous overall, not gonna lie...

I also remember when there was a HUGE snowstorm about 10 years ago here around the holidays, we were set to go to Australia. We got snowed in by like 2 feet of snow or something. We were supposed to fly out like on the 18th or 19th or something and had to wait until all of the snow melted. We flew out to LA on the 24th, and then we flew out to Australia on the night of the 24th...crossed the International Date Line, then arrived in Australia on the 26th. We essentially skipped Christmas day that year. It was kinda strange, but it was great being with family again.

(FYI, most of my Christmas trips revolve around Australia as we have family there)

Potential 2017 Cons
Project Cosplay/Animeland Wasabi/GalaxyFest/Colorado Anime Fest/Denver Comic Con OR Anime Expo/Nan Desu Kan

Social Media Links
[deviantArt] | [Facebook (non-personal)] | [Tumblr] | [Twitter] | [World Cosplay]

I also stream/upload videos:
[Youtube] | [Twitch]
xRenascent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2016, 12:48 AM   #4
AlaizabelCray
Welcome to My World...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRenascent View Post
I also remember when there was a HUGE snowstorm about 10 years ago here around the holidays, we were set to go to Australia. We got snowed in by like 2 feet of snow or something. We were supposed to fly out like on the 18th or 19th or something and had to wait until all of the snow melted. We flew out to LA on the 24th, and then we flew out to Australia on the night of the 24th...crossed the International Date Line, then arrived in Australia on the 26th. We essentially skipped Christmas day that year. It was kinda strange, but it was great being with family again.
Oh boy don't I remember that snowstorm...yuck. it cancelled my flight out to California where I was supposed to spend Christmas with my dad. We were able to get out on one of the only flights that was leaving for California the next day and I remember clearly that as we took off everyone on board cheered.

I've been cast as a voice actress for the second season of this awesome new web series! Come check it out and support all of the talents who worked so hard on it!
http://www.limitednight.com/
AlaizabelCray is offline   Reply With Quote