Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Assassin's Creed

Unread 07-08-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
PhantomGamer

Ezio Bracer/Hidden Blade help

So basically, I've decided I'm going to go the craft foam method of making Ezio's bracer because I lack the money or skill to do it in leather.

However, the tutorial I found online says to use a mold of whatever it is you're wrapping the craft foam around and heat it to make it stay. Considering that this is going around my arm, I'm sure you can understand my nervousness to heat up craft foam against my arm. Does anyone know of a way to create a mold of a person's forearm to do this? Preferably a cheap way?

Also, I was thinking about going the drawer-slide route for the blade, and I'm not sure how to attach the blade to the bracer. The pictures I've found show straps holding it in place, and I suppose I could glue leather strips to the bracer to do it, but I'm not so sure about how good that would look.

Thanks for any help.
Otakon 2013?

Upcoming Costumes
Merida- Brave- 0%
Ezio Auditore- Assassin's Creed- 0%
PhantomGamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-09-2011, 04:10 AM   #2
Lisu-chan
Resident weirdo

Hi, since I've used both, I can help you here.

What I did, is use craft foam and pleather, glue the pleather around the craft foam (and you don't necessarily need to heat and form it, as you strap it in place.)
If you need to do it the way the tutorial tells you, place a towel/sleeve/whatever between it. The craft foam will be warm/hot, but not too warm/hot. I've done it without anything between plenty of times, and the only burn scar I have is because of a gluegun!

The deskslider methos is in my opinion the least time and money consuming method. I glued the deskslider on to the pleather 'bracer' I made and remember the bracer covers it, and keeps the deskslider in place.

I recently remade the bracer in leather and I have to say, I'm happy I did. I know you said you don't have a lot of money but it may be worth the consideration. Leather is fun to work with. (though pleather/craftfoam armour bits can be really neat as well!)
Lisu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
PhantomGamer

I'd love to do it in leather, I just have no idea where to start/buy materials or the cost.
Otakon 2013?

Upcoming Costumes
Merida- Brave- 0%
Ezio Auditore- Assassin's Creed- 0%
PhantomGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #4
Lisu-chan
Resident weirdo

I can't really help you there, because I'm from Europe, but poke in the general topic (assassin's creed series topic) and ask there, people will be sure to help you in the right direction.
Lisu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
fev
swirls while I swirl.

Google up tandy leather factory, they have stores in raleigh & charlotte

[size="1"]
| Facebook | Prop blog | Prop site
fev is offline   Reply With Quote