Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 07-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
roxenmaiden
On Hiatus

Mascot Construction Help! Making Elizabeth (Gintama)

Hi all!
I need some advice in how to improve my Elizabeth costume
Here's a pic of Elizabeth: click me.

So far I have made most of the costume but the problem is, I can't see.. All I had was the little holes I made on the eyes, which did not really help because it wasn't my on my eye level..

I would appreciate any kind of suggestions to improve my costume I really want to wear it again, and not depend too much on my friends to guide me through places..
roxenmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-05-2011, 02:40 AM   #2
qingyin

I actually wanted to know how to make one too xD I'm not sure how to do it though, to make it look proportional or something > <"" Tell me how it goes ~~ Yay for Gintama haha XD
qingyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 04:49 AM   #3
dalbkino

Some people use Buckram, Aida/Embroidery Cloth, thin sheer fabric like chiffon, or plastic window screening for the eye material. For my dragonite I used Embroidery cloth colored with permanent marker on both sides. For cactuar I used black chiffon. The choice really depends upon budget and preference. Hope that helps you.
* Lulu from League of Legends *Sona from League of Legends * Pilot from Farscape

Last edited by dalbkino : 09-08-2011 at 12:42 AM. Reason: 90
dalbkino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
2layt
Dragon cosplayer

Where is your eye level in perspective to your costume then? That would help a lot in figuring out where a possible area could be for vision. Considering your costume is almost all white, the closest possible area I could figure out for vision is the area around the beak or the beak itself. You could exaggerate the black outline of her beak against the white and put your material for vision in the black outline. You could also edit Elizabeth's beak to be slightly ajar so that you can see out her open beak or you can take advantage of the shadows that Elizabeth's beak makes and and cut a small hole right under where the beak attaches to your costume.
Just throwing out some ideas, though that doesn't mean you should stop thinking up of your own.
Oh and I would definitely take dalbkino's advice on investing in some of those mentioned fabrics; especially if you plan on suiting more in the future.
{if (1==1){
cout<< "cosplay is awesome \n";}
else{
cout<< "This shouldn't happen \n";}return 0;}
2layt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #5
roxenmaiden
On Hiatus

Hey Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
Sorry I did not come back to check up on this, school and life have been sucking all my time... I think I can just adjust the eye level by elongating the umbrella that I used for shaping Elizabeth and place a black curtain inside the mouth so I can open Elizabeth's mouth to see hehe
roxenmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote