Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #61
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I have a progress shot of my hobby horse. I'm quite proud of how well it's coming along.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #62
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hee-Hee View Post
Hi there! The pattern I originally bought was awful and I ended up drafting the patterns myself. D: I wish I could be of more help, but definitely look in all the costume sections of the pattern books that you can!!
Okay thanks! What kind of fabric did you use? By the way I also love the claws!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - Attack on Titan 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Poison Ivy - Batman 80%
Sailor Pluto - Sailor Moon 70%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #63
kisstineee

Quote:
More progress on the Carpenter wig I'm working on ( it's not for me, but I slid it on to look at proportions-- it'll be going on a fella, woot woot! ). Sorry bout the no make-up face. XD
Oh my, I'm in love with that wig. Where on earth did you find it? (Possibly commissioning a Carpenter wig myself, but I'm having trouble finding a good color.)
kisstineee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 07:49 PM   #64
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Finished hobby horse.

I think I'll need to cut a bit of the pole off, just because it's hard to fit in my car. I plan to do this after ACEN as I don't want to meddle with it so close to the con.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler)
Unread 04-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #65
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
Finished hobby horse.

I think I'll need to cut a bit of the pole off, just because it's hard to fit in my car. I plan to do this after ACEN as I don't want to meddle with it so close to the con.
Holy macro! That's amazing! :O

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - Attack on Titan 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Poison Ivy - Batman 80%
Sailor Pluto - Sailor Moon 70%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 01:30 AM   #66
MalteseLizzie

I finished my Silk Maiden dress

http://malteselizziemcgee.deviantart.com/#/d4yi992

And in unrelated news, I'm making an Alice costume from the Tim Burton film (her red, white and black dress)

Alternatively, order an accessory or some clothing from my Etsy store.

Etsy Deviantart Blog
MalteseLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #67
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I found a tutorial for the Royal Suit dress. Looks like I'll be making my favorite outfit from the game.

Unread 06-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #68
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

So this weekend my brother's girlfriend Ashley got her first taste of cosplay as Alice in her steamdress. I helped her with some of the construction to learn to sew (she did the majority of the sewing though), she did most of her clock bow and other accessories, and my brother Skoot made her Hobby Horse. You can't totally tell in the pictures, but the eyes have LED lights inside them that actually make it light up pretty awesomely. She entered and won Best Craftsmanship in the Video Game Cosplay Contest at the con.

Battle Ready
Standing Tall
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #69
Hee-Hee
+Twinzik+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
So this weekend my brother's girlfriend Ashley got her first taste of cosplay as Alice in her steamdress. I helped her with some of the construction to learn to sew (she did the majority of the sewing though), she did most of her clock bow and other accessories, and my brother Skoot made her Hobby Horse. You can't totally tell in the pictures, but the eyes have LED lights inside them that actually make it light up pretty awesomely. She entered and won Best Craftsmanship in the Video Game Cosplay Contest at the con.

Battle Ready
Standing Tall
You tell your brother that that Hobby Horse was one of the most fantastic and accurate props I've seen. It was BEAUTIFUL, especially to see in person!!

Next Con: Anime Matsuri!

Simon Petrikov - Adventure Time
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians
Sandman - Rise of the Guardians

Crunchyroll Cosplay Ambassador
Check out Crunchyroll HERE

Hee-Hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 12:42 AM   #70
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
You tell your brother that that Hobby Horse was one of the most fantastic and accurate props I've seen. It was BEAUTIFUL, especially to see in person!!
I shall pass that on to him. I am still impressed by that Hobby Horse. I knew he would make it amazing, but he went above and beyond. And now it's sitting across my sewing tables, so we gotta find a place to stash it til next weekend for a small local con where she will enter the costume again in the cosplay contest there. His girlfriend was desperately looking for you Saturday night at A-kon but alas, it seemed to not be meant to happen while you were dressed as the queen. She really wanted to get photos with you ever since I showed her your pictures before the con.
Unread 06-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #71
Hee-Hee
+Twinzik+

Quote:
I shall pass that on to him. I am still impressed by that Hobby Horse. I knew he would make it amazing, but he went above and beyond. And now it's sitting across my sewing tables, so we gotta find a place to stash it til next weekend for a small local con where she will enter the costume again in the cosplay contest there. His girlfriend was desperately looking for you Saturday night at A-kon but alas, it seemed to not be meant to happen while you were dressed as the queen. She really wanted to get photos with you ever since I showed her your pictures before the con.
Yeah, same here. We spent pretty much all of our time in costume stuck in the same five feet of the main convention room, sorta unable to go anywhere and hoping that you guys would wander by. XD

Next Con: Anime Matsuri!

Simon Petrikov - Adventure Time
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians
Sandman - Rise of the Guardians

Crunchyroll Cosplay Ambassador
Check out Crunchyroll HERE

Hee-Hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 11:58 AM   #72
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

She was totally scoping for you, as was I. My brother being so much taller than us kept searching the room. But I understand the not leaving a small area of the floor...we did that all weekend with her Alice and the my friend and I as Panty and Stocking.
Unread 06-09-2012, 12:49 AM   #73
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm now doing the Royal Suit dress. I found a tutorial to do the dress but I'm unsure about the gloves. The part that puzzles me is the red part of them. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Meanwhile I made an alternative prop. The hobby horse is too large to bring to meetups so I made the Eat Me cake. I watched the cutscene several times to make it look like the one in the game.

Quote:
You can't totally tell in the pictures, but the eyes have LED lights inside them that actually make it light up pretty awesomely. She entered and won Best Craftsmanship in the Video Game Cosplay Contest at the con.
I thought about doing that with my horse but after seeing tutorials on LED lights, I figured it was too complicated. Congrats to her for winning.

Last edited by Shana05 : 06-09-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Unread 06-09-2012, 02:01 AM   #74
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm now doing the Royal Suit dress. I found a tutorial to do the dress but I'm unsure about the gloves. The part that puzzles me is the red part of them. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Meanwhile I made an alternative prop. The hobby horse is too large to bring to meetups so I made the Eat Me cake. I watched the cutscene several times to make it look like the one in the game.

I thought about doing that with my horse but after seeing tutorials on LED lights, I figured it was too complicated. Congrats to her for winning.
That cake is really cute!

And the lights were actually really simple and ingenious. He made the eye covers out of wonderflex so that they could be popped in and out and then he put the LED keychain lights inside. So he just turns them on, drops them in, pops the eye back on and bam! Lighted eyes!
Unread 06-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #75
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

This weekend at Anime Blues Con in Memphis my brother's girlfriend entered her Alice costume in the Cosplay Contest. She entered in the Novice category because it was her first costume and she's only won one award. They bumped her up to Intermediate and she won! She was so shocked and excited that when I walked up on stage (my xxxholic group took the top honors in the Master category), I looked over and saw her crying. She was so shocked and excited that she couldn't help but cry. It was cute!

And now my crazy brother wants to "skin" the Hobby Horse and redo it because he said it's not perfect enough. Everyone I tell that to about dies, but he's a perfectionist and wants it to be even better than it is right now.