Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #106
maggietron
I need stuff!

The top half of the apron just tailor it in more. I mean to just slightly cut near the waist tie and fold it into the more ..i guess triangle shape that it has. Add pockets, and paint of the symbols.
maggietron is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-29-2012, 06:58 AM   #107
MalteseLizzie

Great advice: thank you very much I've just started marking out the new shape with chalk

Alternatively, order an accessory or some clothing from my Etsy store.

Etsy Deviantart Blog
MalteseLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 12:55 AM   #108
MalteseLizzie

I just finished my apron. I've tailor it to look more like the real thing, added pockets and bloodstains with acrylic paint, and added a bow (made from an old shirt). http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3258185/

Etsy Deviantart Blog

Last edited by MalteseLizzie : 08-01-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Unread 08-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #109
MalteseLizzie

Hi, I'm working on Alice's Royal Suit dress http://alice.wikia.com/wiki/Royal_Suit and I have no idea how to make her sleeves.
1. What keeps the 'crenellations' on the top of the lower sleevs from flopping over?
2. What holds the lower sleeves on to the arm?

Etsy Deviantart Blog
Unread 12-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #110
MalteseLizzie

So Alice's Royal Suit dress did not work out: I went and bought stretch satin by mistake, so that's no good! Oh well, maybe next year.
Currently I am considering making the Late but Lucky dress: those rabbit paws are very appealing! I have some nice velvet for the jacket, and already have a waistcoat
http://alice.wikia.com/wiki/Late_but_Lucky

Etsy Deviantart Blog
Unread 12-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #111
anime_grl

hi! i'm trying to make Alice's Classic blue dress (as it's my favorite) and i'm having trouble. MAJOR trouble. i've already tried to make a dress for it and the skirt isn't big enough to get the (ruffled?) effect that her dress has but i think i can fix that.. somehow.

i'm also having trouble deciding on which prop to make... the vorpal blade would be the easiest and relatively quicker BUT how awesome would it be to have a pepper grinder that clicks when cranked or hobby horse to (safely) swing around??

also the shoes. i have a pair of boots that would be very good but i need to attach the buckles and i've had some pretty bad luck with shoes before.. heheh.

And one las thing... the sleeves. i've never made a pair of poofy sleeves like this

sorry that was long!! any advice would be appreciated! =)
(P.S. Did i mention that the con is in about just less than a month?)

Last edited by anime_grl : 12-20-2012 at 12:13 PM.
anime_grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #112
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

For her skirt you could always make it either a half or full circle skirt. That will make it bell out really well. If you don't want to do that, you can always cut the pieces to be larger trapezoids where the waist is just big enough to fit your waist with a little ease and seam allowances and then taper it out to the bottom to be as big around as you want. That will make it more of an A-line skirt and it won't "ruffle" as much as you said, but it will give it more volume at the bottom without adding more at the waist.

When we made my future sister-in-law's Steamdress, we couldn't do either of those methods because of the stripes, so what we did was cut a piece of fabric about three times bigger than her waist and then gathered it all the way around the top til it fit on the bodice. Then we attached it at the waist, and sewed up the front center seam to the point where it had to button.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #113
anime_grl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
For her skirt you could always make it either a half or full circle skirt. That will make it bell out really well. If you don't want to do that, you can always cut the pieces to be larger trapezoids where the waist is just big enough to fit your waist with a little ease and seam allowances and then taper it out to the bottom to be as big around as you want. That will make it more of an A-line skirt and it won't "ruffle" as much as you said, but it will give it more volume at the bottom without adding more at the waist.

When we made my future sister-in-law's Steamdress, we couldn't do either of those methods because of the stripes, so what we did was cut a piece of fabric about three times bigger than her waist and then gathered it all the way around the top til it fit on the bodice. Then we attached it at the waist, and sewed up the front center seam to the point where it had to button.
thank you very much ! i tried to make the A-line-ish skirt you mentioned the first time i tried to make a dress and it turned out... alright. haha. ANYWAY... i'll have to get more fabric before i can try the circle method. the steamdress looks great!
anime_grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #114
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime_grl View Post
thank you very much ! i tried to make the A-line-ish skirt you mentioned the first time i tried to make a dress and it turned out... alright. haha. ANYWAY... i'll have to get more fabric before i can try the circle method. the steamdress looks great!
Glad I could help. And thanks for the compliment on her costume. It was a labor of love that we both ended up adoring once it was done.
Unread 12-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #115
MalteseLizzie

Well,I'v decided to abandon the Royal Suit dress for now, and try my hand at the Late but Lucky Dress
http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/a...uckyDress2.jpg
I'm working on the skirt at the moment, and I'm trying to understand how it's designed.
The shaped reminds me of a gathered skirt, because in some pictures it seems to have gathered folds
http://images.wikia.com/americanmcge..._But_Lucky.jpg

My other theory is that it is two layered skirts, and they are attached at the waist.

Has anyone on this forum made this costume? Do you have any tips?

So far I have the materials ready, and have made a petticoat http://ribcrunchersewscandalous.blogspot.com

Etsy Deviantart Blog
Unread 06-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #116
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

This thread has been inactive for a while, but I thought I would share a photo of the new Alice cosplay I helped my sister-in-law make. She got a lot of love for it at A-kon in Dallas this past weekend and said it was so much more comfortable than her Steamdress, even thought she wore that one too.
Unread 06-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #117
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I just finished the Royal Suit dress. I had it like 90% done for awhile but then I kind of forgot about it. All I need to do now is make waistband for the apron. Unfortunately, I bought the wrong shade of brown. It's noticeably lighter than the brown on the dress. I hope I have a project come up down the road where I can use that fabric.

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:15 AM   #118
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
I just finished the Royal Suit dress. I had it like 90% done for awhile but then I kind of forgot about it. All I need to do now is make waistband for the apron. Unfortunately, I bought the wrong shade of brown. It's noticeably lighter than the brown on the dress. I hope I have a project come up down the road where I can use that fabric.
I can't wait to see your costume when it's done! And I know the pain of buying the wrong fabric. But even if you can't use it for the outside of something, there's always the chance of using it as a lining.

And on our end, my sister-in-law, brother, and I are already discussing our Alice plans for next year. She wants to do the Late But Lucky costume and I (once I get through the game because I like knowing what I'm cosplaying from) want to do her Mad Hatter outfit. My brother will be helping with the building of a lot of the parts. He will probably be making his wife a new hobby horse since Charlie (her silver one) has only a few more conventions in him. I don't know what weapon I would want yet, but I will definitely want one. My brother is also going to make a rabbit bomb like she uses in the game. It's gonna be really cool I hope!
Unread 07-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #119
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Finally got a photo of my Royal Suit Alice. I wasn't wearing it very long at Cosplacon as it was so hot even though I was inside the entire time. I probably won't be wearing it again until fall.

Anime NebrasKon: Jane Porter (Disney's Tarzan) - Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura) - Lapras (Pokemon Gijinka) - Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 12:21 AM   #120
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Oh that turned out so cute Shana! It looks really great on you too!