Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 82 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #316
Chikkijet
I am a Woman-Child :P

I have no words. Seriously, amazing. If you're not already, check out the Game of Thrones Costuming group on FB. They'd love to see your stuff I am sure.

Awards: EB Expo Runner Up Best Costume Just 'Cos Contest '12, Video Games Live Dubai Cosplay Winner '13
Chikkijet is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-01-2013, 07:31 AM   #317
Kelley
Devil of Details

Aww, thanks. I actually feel really self-conscious and kind of embarrassed about posting pictures of it, I guess because I know where all the flaws are and how much better I could have done with more experience.

I mean, I'm totally proud of myself for doing it, but I guess I'm just nervous about showing people something that was a "first project" for new skills because I know I improved a lot even while making it!

/probably being too self-conscious and critical.

I hope to get the shirt mostly done today. I had some issues setting up my sewing machine - it actually got rust in a part! But I manged to sew the sleeve band and bottom together and did the facing on the front and half-finished it. Today I have to finish those seams between sleeve pieces and then sew it all together. I'd *like* to do some embroidery on the collar but I don't know if I'll have time. *have to be all done by the 29th* *freaking out because not even one garment is fully made*

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #318
Chikkijet

Honestly, I can't see anything but how much work you've clearly put into it. The thing I like about that FB group is they're all very open to sharing ideas and techniques, and the only comments I've seen have been positive and constructive... quite often someone will post with an issue that they can't solve and someone will have come up with a solution. Eg using hot glue to make Dany's Quarth belt... I'd never have thought of that!

There's also some really cool Margaery cosplays, I'm sure they'd love to see the Loras progress you've made. You might even find a group to meet up with for photos :P

of course it's otally up to you. But from what I've seen of your work you have nothing to worry about. There's a lot of beginners on that group who love seeing what the more advanced sewers are doing and learning from that.

Good luck with everything, I am sure you'll manage to get it all done, sometimes a deadline is the best motivation! I know for me I put stuff off and then finish it all at the last minute but that's when I've done some of my best work :P

Awards: EB Expo Runner Up Best Costume Just 'Cos Contest '12, Video Games Live Dubai Cosplay Winner '13
Unread 09-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #319
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Went to the Ren Faire with my completed costume today. I have photos in my gallery. I'll wear this to some future cons, definitely ACEN for the GoT shoot. My mom didn't have much luck french braiding my hair so I went with regular braids. I'm looking for some clip-in ones to make styling easier. I should also watch some make-up tutorials for Sansa.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #320
asthompson
僕のク&

GoT @ Pax Prime

We represented ;D

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

http://asthompson.deviantart.com/art...t-It-398979163

Had a ton of fun!!!! The funnest part was when a couple people walked by me whispered "Is that Joffrey?" and I yelled: "Is that how you address your One True King?" and everyone around me, all at the same time, said, "Fuck you Joffrey!" lolololol

Sakura Con 2014:
Edward Kenway - Assassin's Creed 4
R - Warm Bodies
Castiel - Supernatural

www.lastoryx.com (No IE)
asthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 12:29 AM   #321
Melancholy Wish
Tsundere

Quote:
Originally Posted by asthompson View Post
We represented ;D

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

http://asthompson.deviantart.com/art...t-It-398979163

Had a ton of fun!!!! The funnest part was when a couple people walked by me whispered "Is that Joffrey?" and I yelled: "Is that how you address your One True King?" and everyone around me, all at the same time, said, "Fuck you Joffrey!" lolololol
I'm the biggest Joffrey fangirl. Let me love you your Grace!

Arcade Sona from League of Legends
Esmeralda- Disney
Meru from Legend of Dragoon.
Sayaka Miki- Magica Madoka
Yang-RWBY
Looking for people to hang out with at Ax2014
Melancholy Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #322
E_Bobbum_Man

Anyone else here going to NYCC? So far I don't know of any GoT cosplayers who will be there, besides me as the Hound.
E_Bobbum_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #323
asthompson
僕のク&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholy Wish View Post
I'm the biggest Joffrey fangirl. Let me love you your Grace!
Joffrey has fans? lol I wouldn't have thought that possible

Sakura Con 2014:
Edward Kenway - Assassin's Creed 4
R - Warm Bodies
Castiel - Supernatural

www.lastoryx.com (No IE)
asthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #324
Chikkijet

Lol that is too funny!

Unread 09-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #325
~H~
Original H

Quote:
Originally Posted by asthompson View Post
*LOL* That's awesome! Great Joffrey BTW ^_^.

I've been wanting to do a 'Song of Ice and Fire' (aka. 'Game of Thrones') costume for a few years now, and have decided to do a book version of Melisandre for Halloween!

My little boy is going to wear this costume for Trick-or-Treating this year:

So I figure I'll tell everyone that my son is the "shadow" I gave birth to ^_-.
~H~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #326
touchmon
Make All The Things!

^That is a brilliant idea. XD

So I was sort of roped into a Game of Thrones group for next year(or 2015...still not too sure which dates XD). My friend is going to be a spoilerific Jon Snow(from what happens at the end of Dance with Dragons) and his friend will be Robb from the end of Storm of Swords and I'm just going to be Arya. Lol

I'm going to be doing book-Arya so it gives me a bit more leeway on what to wear and stuff. I did find this wig in my collection. Would it work well for her? Also I have no idea what to do outfit-wise at all. Lol. I need to actually get a copy of the book(or just read it in the bookstore...) but I don't recall it mentioning what she wore...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #327
~H~
Original H

^ I think you're going to be an awesome Arya! I could also see you as Meera Reed ^_^.
~H~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #328
Kelley
Devil of Details

I've been stalking this thread all along, but too stressed-out to reply so far. :P

@Chikkijet, thanks ! I'm still buckled down and trying to get this done in time and I appreciate the encouragement.

@Shana05, It looks really nice ! yey happy Sansa. And also holy crap your Renaissance Festival had an elephant ?!

@asthompson, awesome picture - glad you made it out of the convention alive, lolol.

@~H~, that's an adorable and awesome idea. I hope we get some trick-or-treaters here who have such cool and creative costumes.

@touchmon, teehee, I remember this from the other thread. >.> I think that wig works pretty well - since you're not trying to stick to just the show it shouldn't be a problem, it would totally work, I think. Get the eBook and use ctrl+F to find any time she's mentioned ! Which will still be a lot, but at least would narrow it down. :P

I finally finished my rose brooch thing ! Many thanks to Thia Fayne for the idea for craft foam, I think it turned out really well (I could have, dunno, not gotten some fingerprints in the clay, but I'm happy with it for a first try). I never burned myself with hot glue, I'm so proud.

I also have had my shirt done for a while. Picture. I had a sinus infection when that picture was taken, that was a great week.

Now I just need to get the doublet done by Sunday, hahaha.

Actually in the pipes:
Unread 09-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #329
touchmon
Make All The Things!

So I bought the book today and I have a description of an outfit! Now to find undyed wool....

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #330
Kelley
Devil of Details

This is from my go-to place. And from this place. It can be hard to find something suitable from discount places.

Jo-Ann's also has some white-ish wool, but it's not really great quality and has a weird herringbone weave thing going on. But it's cheap-ish with a coupon.

However, if you need a certain colour it might be easier to find at a discount place. I found some pretty nice blacks and browns way back when I was ordering swatches under the assumption I was going to make a Jon Snow costume. I've also gotten some nice olives, even purples. For some reason it's just usually difficult to find a decent white to dye. Because that would be too easy.

Actually in the pipes: