Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 79 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-22-2014, 11:16 PM   #406
jezebelligerent
Mother of Dragons

I premiered my Daenerys cosplay at SoonerCon last year, but entered into a Masquerade for it for the first time at LoneStarCon 3 - where I won Best in Class for the Novice division! As I have only recently joined the forums, though, I thought I'd share. These are two of my favorite shots from an impromptu photo shoot at LoneStarCon 3. More photos on my costume page.

jezebelligerent is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-03-2014, 03:06 PM   #407
Vikkie

I'm looking to meet Game of Thrones Cosplayers at MCM Birmingham and Manchester.
I'm cosplaying Daenerys Targaryen.
Feel free to message me.
Unread 02-07-2014, 07:19 PM   #408
Alice Wonderbra

Arda is having a clearance sale on some of their wigs and one of them is Arwen. They still have Sandy Brown in stock if anyone needs a wig for Cersei!
Alice Wonderbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2014, 11:41 PM   #409
PungoPungo

I've made a good number of got cosplays already, but now I have my sights set on Margaery's wedding gown! I've only seen a few glimpses of it in the trailers. Anyone else going for it?

Last edited by PungoPungo : 02-17-2014 at 12:16 AM. Reason: add photo
PungoPungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 07:55 PM   #410
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

@Pungo--that shit is real and I salute you for attempting the tricky drafting it requires. You can do it!

In the meantime, I require y'all to feel this feeling. Ohayocon was obliging and made winter come like nobody's business, so me as Catelyn and my Stark-spawn Robb and Sansa, plus Jaimie Lannister and a Maester, got our snow on. Me and Robb were super-comfy while poor Sansa sucked it up in her wedding dress.

Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 12:05 AM   #411
Heimdall
Kufufufu no fu

I recently started watching Game of Thrones and I'm doing Robb Stark to start with. I'm having the hardest time finding a wig that will fit his hair. http://images4.fanpop.com/image/phot...62-797-588.png

I feel like maybe a Benny from Arda would be the closest but making it shorter on the sides would be a pain since that wig is super thick and doesn't come in the color I want. If anyone has any suggestions they would be very much appreciated it!

Friday
Marco Bodt (Shingeki No Kyoujin)
Saturday
Wiccan (Young Avengers)
Sunday
Nightwing (DC)
Heimdall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 02:03 PM   #412
celticzombie
kissed by fire

@Mango. Excellent costumes! Love it all.

I will be at Wizard World in Sacramento, CA as Ygritte. Hoping to get a new bow made by then as the one I have is the size of a child's....I need a long bow. xD
Ma-Ma - Judge "Dredd" - in progress
Lady Sif - Thor - future

Follow me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/celticzombie
celticzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2014, 01:26 PM   #413
PungoPungo

@Mangochutney
your group is amazeballs! nice that it snowed for you. I made a quickie cloak of winterfell last time I got snowed in here, expressly so that we could take pics in the snow. lol
Yeah, wish me luck on the wedding gown, gonna need it. luck and a bag of gold to pay for all that silk. XD
Unread 02-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #414
jinx_this

Ohh, Margaery's wedding dress looks so beautiful! You're more ambitious than me, PungoPungo. I would love to tackle it, but I think the cost of the fabric alone might make me faint. lol
There were a few glimpses of a new Dany dress in the behind the scenes video I saw that's much more my pace. I hope it shows up early in the next season, but I've seen a lot of the blue dress in trailers, so I'll probably be stuck sewing blind. Oh well.
Anime Midwest
DashCon
DragonCon
TeslaCon 5
jinx_this is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2014, 03:14 PM   #415
Melima331
Chaotic Neutral

I plan on cosplaying Daenerys sometime soon because I have been obsessed with dragons since I was little. Because of this, I want to have the dragon(s) for my cosplay.
My question is, does anyone have any suggestions or know of tutorials on how to make a nice looking dragon? I plan on either buying some dragons/dinosaurs that are similar in shape and altering them, or sculpt them from scratch if I cannot find any good bases.

I have done my research and am aware of some models people are selling, but they're well over $100 and out of my budget. I am willing to spend some, but not that much, especially if I want to eventually do multiple dragons. I also have researched some sculpting, but I don't have a ton of experience in it (but am willing to try if need be). Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!! =)

Cosplays: Nariko (Heavenly Sword), Rikku (FFX, Berserker, Black Mage, Samurai, Songstress, Detroit Red Wings, Dark Knight), Catwoman, Astrid (HTTYD), Sango (Inuyasha)

Possible planned cosplays: Daenerys (Game of Thrones)
Melima331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2014, 06:00 PM   #416
~H~
Original H

@Melima: Perhaps you could buy three of these guys and repaint them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Safari-Ltd-1...em5d4855 dd6e
~H~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 11:40 PM   #417
PungoPungo

@Jinx_This, I'm making the dress you're talking about!! It's so beautiful.
I've already drafted it.
I'm also drafting another season 4 Daenerys as we speak. It is a little less revealing than the one we're talking about, and in the same vein as her blue Astapor dress that she's always wearing.
Unread 02-25-2014, 08:22 PM   #418
FuzzyDrawings

Some really awesome stuff here! Last year I made a suit inspired by Game of Thrones - a hypothetical Night's Watch outfit, if the Crow was lucky enough to come across some armor:

This year, I've decided to make a more faithful costume of the Kingsguard armor. Here's the leg armor I've been working on (still needs a lot of carving/sanding clean up before I start painting), as well as sketches I made for some of the intricate designs on the chest armor. I'll be creating a WIP thread for this suit if anyone is interested.

FuzzyDrawings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2014, 08:50 PM   #419
~H~
Original H

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyDrawings View Post
Some really awesome stuff here! Last year I made a suit inspired by Game of Thrones - a hypothetical Night's Watch outfit, if the Crow was lucky enough to come across some armor:

This year, I've decided to make a more faithful costume of the Kingsguard armor. Here's the leg armor I've been working on (still needs a lot of carving/sanding clean up before I start painting), as well as sketches I made for some of the intricate designs on the chest armor. I'll be creating a WIP thread for this suit if anyone is interested.

Awesome work!!! You look great in the Night's Watch outfit ^_^.

On a side note, I recently uploaded another Melisandre photo. I's a silhouette so you can't really see the costume, but I think it looks pretty cool ^_-.

Last edited by ~H~ : 02-25-2014 at 08:53 PM.
~H~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2014, 10:45 PM   #420
Bolvasmidr
The Dark Horse

I've been wanting to do Daenaerys for a while and love one of her dresses from the new season, but I've only been able to find one reference to it here:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1782961...n-4-dress-game

(Pictures 4 and 5)

It looks like it may have been part of a special exhibition or something like that, but I can't find any pictures anywhere. I was hoping if there was an exhibition maybe someone knew about it and could point me in the right direction?
Bolvasmidr is offline   Reply With Quote