Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Silent Hill

Unread 07-17-2011, 03:14 AM   #1
Jader7777
Stylish substance

James Sunderland Jacket Help

Hey there, I've been trying to make a jacket identical to that of James'. If anyone has any tips or great hints as to what I should be looking out for I'd love to hear your comments and criticisms.

So far the hardest aspect seems to be the patches that are on the jacket. I've looked at all the possible high resolution images of James and so far all I can tell is the colour and style of the patches. The tourism site has been very helpful thus far (http://www.visitsilenthill.com/tutor...mes/james.html) but I need some more help regarding these patches. By the way, these are the patches I made up based on what I found and saw.

Shoulders

Top patch (Note the white boarder)

Bottom patch

What would be the best way to get/make these sorts of emblems and put them on the jacket? The websites I've been to that make custom patches only do so for shipments of about 200, which is great but I just need the one or two ._.

Here's the jacket I'm working with.

I'm dying it into a more saturated green to match that of James'. I'm also removing the pocket where the patches will be going. The bottom pockets I've stuffed full of rocks very tightly and soaked it in water so the pockets appear baggy like that of James'.

Also I'm located in Australia, but I don't mind importing things.

Last edited by Jader7777 : 07-19-2011 at 03:21 AM.
Jader7777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-13-2011, 01:21 AM   #2
Miri
Boop.

I got my Cybil patches done at qualityembroideredpatches.com. I was able to order just two, and it totaled to about $20 a patch. They were very nicely made, here's a pic so you can see the image I sent them vs. the patch they made.

http://prettykitty.deviantart.com/ar...F3473293&qo=47

I hope this is at all helpful, good luck!

-Dr. Seuss
Miri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 08:32 PM   #3
radioheart
eat the rich

When I made the patches for my friend's jacket, I painted them on fabric and hotglued them on. To be honest though, we came up with the idea of him being James a few days prior to the covention so we didn't have as much time as I would have liked.

Unfortuantely, I no longer have the link to where I got the photos from, but these are the patches that I made up. I hope they help you some what. The East End patch was supposed to be in blue, but I didn't have a light enough colour paint so I opted for black instead.

http://i52.tinypic.com/ja9krp.jpg

Anime North 2014

Friday: Breakfast Princess - Adventure Time
Friday night: Leela - Futurama
Saturday: Cruella de Vil - 101 Dalmations (1950's Pinup Version)
Sunday: Leela - Futurama

Need makeup done at a reasonable price?
www.tabithapaxton.com

radioheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 08:16 AM   #4
Slum Drunk
The Slum Drunk

Woah, no-- don't butcher that jacket!

The flag goes above the left pocket, the other two go ON the pocket. That's what I did and it looked really nice.

As far as the patches go, I bought actual repair patches (like for jeans) painted them with acrylic and sewed them on. You can see for yourself in my "Maria" costume gallery. It worked really well.

Maria: SIlent HIll 2 - CONvergence - 2012
Slum Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote