Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Thailand

Unread 07-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
Rose89

Where to find shops ?

Hello!

I am going to Bankok in Pattaya in the end of this month and was wondering if I could get any goodavice on where to buy craft foam, paint, fabrics and other great materials for cosplay in this area ? All help is very much appreciated ^^ !

If there is any english friend thai cosplay site please link ^^ !
Rose89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-01-2011, 01:22 AM   #2
idioterrant

I'm kinda new to Thailand myself, so I don't really have much I can tell you. However, there is a cosplay shop in Central World although I've never been. They have a facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/akibakiss. I visited their photo shop near Paragon department store and they were really helpful, so maybe you could try contacting them? Oh, and speaking of Paragon, they have some costumes in their department store, although probably expensive knowing Paragon. But they also have lots of craft stuff if that's what you're looking for.

I don't know any cosplayers here, but I was told that there's some kind of cosplay event the first Saturday of every month near Paragon - either in Siam Square or near MBK. I've never been tho cos I always have to work

Anyway, hope you find what you're looking for. And, if you get some cool costumes and want to take some pictures, let me know (I just got a lovely new studio flash that I'm dying to use...)
idioterrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2011, 04:07 AM   #3
Garuda_Aiacos
Waitin 4 Behemoth Violate

Ooo....I will love to know the places where I can get some Cosplay Supplies should I do go to Bangkok this Christmas.
Saw on TV about "Indian Street" where there're LOTS of Indian shops selling Cloths and Wigs and other supplies; will love to know how to get there.

Must get a Bangkok Street Directory should I confirmed going there.

SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Hades Alone
SAINT SEIYA SUPER MUSICAL Athena Saori
SAINT SEIYA OMEGA Orion Eden
SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Athena Sasha
Garuda_Aiacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 06:47 AM   #4
Garuda_Aiacos
Waitin 4 Behemoth Violate

I went to Bangkok over the Christmas weekends and thanks to some friends, found one of the Cloth District as mentioned in this NHK World Show I watched.

Phahurat

My Feedback : CHEAP CLOTHS!!!! Now I know why my friend goes all the way to Bangkok to get some cloth supplies for his Costume Talents Company Costumes. This Foil Jersey I gotten in Singapore for over SGD10/m cost only SGD4.80/m there. Pleater is also cheap tho' it's a headache to find the shop/s and they didn't have the color I want (Dark Purple).
Do spend some time there as most of the shops in the main shopping area are not arrange properly (I'm used to the 2-4 neat rows of Cloths Shops in Singapore ) and dun worry, many of the sellers there know English. There is also a shopping centre nearby selling cloths in proper shops but I didn't really check out the prices there as aiming for Pleaters.
Also found stores further up the lane selling normal color wigs.
How to Get There : Take Taxi Taxi Fares are cheap anyhow (compared to here in Singapore and even Malaysia)

Other than there, friend mentioned somewhere at or near Siam Discovery got sell cloths and other costume making supplies but didn't get to check them out.

For Craft Foam, I got the know roughly where it is (Near the BTS Train Station Wongwlan Yal) but my Thai friends told me the sellers there dun speak English so didn't check them out.

Hope I can go to Bangkok again with a bigger wallet and bigger suitcase soon, and a Thai-Speaking friend or 2 to shop with me and talk to the shop owners especially the ones selling those 5mm Craft Foam/Rubber

SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Hades Alone
SAINT SEIYA SUPER MUSICAL Athena Saori
SAINT SEIYA OMEGA Orion Eden
SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Athena Sasha
Garuda_Aiacos is offline   Reply With Quote