Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Unread 07-22-2011, 08:05 AM   #1
spacephrawg

working on a wooden stock for nerf guns - input needed

i understand painted nerf guns are sometimes used as a stand in for a scifi prop firearm. Sooo it gave me the idea to produce my own. I saw this on deviant art and it got my gears turning:

So what I'm doing is working on making a wooden stock or two for some nerf guns that i intend to resell. The guns will also have internal mods from Orange Mod Works so that they'll have ranges close to 100ft.

I need input. The Nerf fan community mostly frowns on making nerf guns look too real though some do it. Those guys all have modified guns that shoot hard enough that they have to be used outdoors and outdoors means in view of cops...with real guns.

Meanwhile, you guys go for more convincing props.

I'm designing these things in Rhino, a CAD program first and intend to have them CNC'd in walnut or some similar wood. The guns themselves will have other cosmetic additions like extended barrels, iron sights, muzzle brakes, and whatever else seems appropriate for the individual gun.

This is the first computer model I've been able to make so far:

its purple only because that's the layer I'm working on (think photoshop).

Its based on an FG42's stock. Your input and suggestions for other versions are needed and encouraged!

Thank you!
spacephrawg is offline   Reply With Quote