Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 11-22-2003, 12:07 AM   #1
Soratakun

Sorata Arisugawa X/1999

Er... mrem? I finished this costume, and due to the fact that I don't really enjoy getting a bowl cut (Ehehe... XD) I doubt that I'm probably going to wear again. Please flame it. Nothing is real accurate, since I couldn't find a really good jacket, and since the jacket that I comissioned never got to me. *Tear* ;0;

By the by! Any suggestions for future cosplays also welcome! ^^; And yes, I know how many of you will post back saying "That's stupid to ask that question, cosplay someone you like, blah blah blah"... but... yeah. Do it anyways. >.<

... okay, I tried to make a link with text, and it died, so here ya go! XD

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto....t=500 &page=1

And...

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto....t=500 &page=1

Thanks for your time! And insults? x.x

Last edited by Soratakun : 11-22-2003 at 12:09 AM.

Unread 11-22-2003, 01:04 AM   #2
Hitori
Tra la la

I'm confused. You're not going to redo it and you don't care..... but you want people to point out everything wrong with it aniwai?
You could modifi what you have and make it look almost perfect... but that'd be a realli realli long post. So I'll onli do that if yer interested.
Oh, and Sorata doesn't have a bowl cut. It's just shorter on the sides. I don't think that realli matters though, but it does make a world of difference if you're able to have some hair sticking out of the front/back hole thingi of the cap. yeah.

(btw, maibe you should consider joining: http://www.seiryuu.org/~amiboshi/XCosplay/
an X cosplai site)
Unread 11-23-2003, 11:26 AM   #3
Soratakun

Ayeee! I tried to get the hair out front, and... it looked... weird... so, I just ended up shoving it under my hat. XD

He doesn't have a bowl cut? I always thought he did... but then again, that shows my knowledge of hair styles.

I dunno. I might do it again, if I randomly need a costume. *Shrug* But I guess you're right, it's kinda silly, isn't it? ^^; Sorry. Oooh! And I already joined that site! Ehe, silly site. XP
Unread 11-24-2003, 04:27 PM   #4
Hitori
Tra la la

Sorri, I noted you had joined after I put that there^_^ I loves za site. Indeed.
Suggestions for modifying yer own costume, and not starting over:
Red collar, should be easi enough^_^ Yeah, he has a red collar. And the pants and jacket, you could top stitch so it looks like you have all the right stitching and such. *nod*
Unread 11-24-2003, 05:12 PM   #5
Soratakun

Souuu desuuu neee... That would probablly work too. *Sweatdrops* I'm probablly the laziest cosplayer ever. XP Ehe!
Unread 11-24-2003, 09:12 PM   #6
Reno_kun
who ya gonna call?

ok if you want me to flame it..
ok look you have good potetial to take on the cosplay world but that was the most horod sorata i have ever seen that's something you would where daily!
ughh..
look i don't want to bee too rought on you but save up some cash use the internet for reasearch on a character you want to do.
look at the picture of the character make sure you can do him/her cross play is not disguting it's just cosplaying to other gender.
bulid your coustem and post indevolpment pic's up here and we will be happy to guide you also one last thing.
if you don't have it check the thrift stores and fabirc outlit's i'm sure you can find anything you are looking for..
jezze that was alot to type and now i'm don't ranting i hop this has helped you out.
Unread 11-25-2003, 08:47 AM   #7
Soratakun

Hontou neee? Well, I hope to get a little more detailed on my cosplays, but erm, crossplay would be a little odd. x.x; LOL

... *Pictures self as 6 foot tall Reiko with hairy legs* ... no. Just no.

Tonikaku! Erm, yeah. o_O So, I should learn how to sew, that's my final conclusion from all of this. XD And never comission people. Ever.