Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-26-2011, 09:27 AM   #46
chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volnixshin View Post
Though we also have a Political thread, and thats also a highly combatitive topic, and that's managed to stay open.

Onstead of us all saying "This thread will de-evolve" just be polite and respectful, because we can do that, and we have. A little debate here and there won't hurt us.
Thank you for this post, it mirrors my thoughts exactly. My first post was made somewhat in a rant, and now every time I check back I'm scared I'll find the start of WWIII. Thanks to everyone who relaxed the atmosphere around here, I appreciate it.
chiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-26-2011, 10:04 AM   #47
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
I'm pretty sure I saw you post in a different thread about 3 days ago saying you were 'considering converting to hinduism'

You didn't waste much time, did you?

Anyway, religion is for children who are afraid of the dark.

Wait... did I just say that? Don't hate me, I'm just quoting Steven Hawking
Can you actually convert to Hinduism? One of its tenants basically states anyone who leaves India (much less never lived there) is considered a member of the Dalit (also known as "Outcaste") caste, although with immigration and all (as well as the interaction with Britain throughout the last few centuries) it's less of an issue I suppose....

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 10:25 AM   #48
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Can you actually convert to Hinduism? One of its tenants basically states anyone who leaves India (much less never lived there) is considered a member of the Dalit (also known as "Outcaste") caste, although with immigration and all (as well as the interaction with Britain throughout the last few centuries) it's less of an issue I suppose....
As much as I would like to, I cannot claim any great wealth of knowledge on the subject. I did, however, look back into the 'whats up with you' thread and I was right, she was talking about it. My point was that there seemed to be a 'don't bash my religion' tone to the post, which struck me as slightly odd, since I have food in my digestive system that has been there longer than her hinduism.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #49
Formalhaut
Adepta Sororitas

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I saw you post in a different thread about 3 days ago saying you were 'considering converting to hinduism'

You didn't waste much time, did you?

Anyway, religion is for children who are afraid of the dark.

Wait... did I just say that? Don't hate me, I'm just quoting Steven Hawking
Id been thinking about it for over five years. its certainly was not an overnight decision. and if you must know, I dont particularly care for people who bash religion, whether it be mine or anyone elses without educated reasons for doing so.
Yuna
Velvet

custom viera ears here!
Formalhaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #50
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Re: Hindu conversion
http://www.himalayanacademy.com/reso.../hbh_ch-5.html
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 04:08 PM   #51
leeleeleelee
X-Force Intern

Awesome, is this the thread where we hate on religions and religious people? We should make the religious commenters on coscom have like little avatars next to their name so we know who they are. Like right there on their avatar's chest. I mean, they're clearly to blame for everything, so everyone should be on board. I mean, if that's not enough for us, we should auto-login their accounts into a sub-forum so they aren't around us. It's their choice, so eff em, right? Lifestyle, schmifestyle. They're all just stupid people. I'm so glad this is a thread. It was so badly needed. Being perfect rocks! Wait, I mean roxx.

I think I've reached my sarcasm quota for the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiagirl View Post
Thank you for this post, it mirrors my thoughts exactly. My first post was made somewhat in a rant, and now every time I check back I'm scared I'll find the start of WWIII. Thanks to everyone who relaxed the atmosphere around here, I appreciate it.
Tron (Tron Legacy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangochutney View Post
...what the actual hell. I think you've just guaranteed your romantic doom here.

Last edited by leeleeleelee : 07-26-2011 at 04:33 PM.
leeleeleelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 04:08 PM   #52
Vavo Natsumi
Classic Trainwreck

I now declare this thread the "Kenneth Branagh Thread" . Play nice everyone and have fun!
Vavo Natsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #53
rubyspitfire
queen of the closet

personally i'm more offended at the amount of people who seem to be around here just to pick fights than people who either bash my (or others') faith or try to cram theirs down my (or others') throats. that's really saying something, because i have an intense burning hatred for zealots

cosplay schedule
SoDak Con!!
Jean Havoc - Fullmetal Alchemist and FMA: Brotherhood
Sanji - One Piece
Catwoman - DC Comics/Gotham Girls (fanart version)

Ruby Spitfire, official D20 Girl
Support a single mom ^.^
rubyspitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 07:05 PM   #54
Vavo Natsumi
Classic Trainwreck

Needs more Blonde.
Vavo Natsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 10:50 PM   #55
nannyogg
:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
It depends on what branch of Hinduism... it's sort of a blanket term for a wide variety of practices, and even includes an option for monotheism.
nannyogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 11:00 PM   #56
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vavo Natsumi View Post
I now declare this thread the "Kenneth Branagh Thread" . Play nice everyone and have fun!
I appreciate this thread much more now.

If I were Harry or Ron in this picture, this thread would be Lockheart.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt

Last edited by StrawberrySiren : 07-26-2011 at 11:05 PM.
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 03:19 AM   #57
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeleeleelee View Post
Awesome, is this the thread where we hate on religions and religious people? We should make the religious commenters on coscom have like little avatars next to their name so we know who they are. Like right there on their avatar's chest. I mean, they're clearly to blame for everything, so everyone should be on board. I mean, if that's not enough for us, we should auto-login their accounts into a sub-forum so they aren't around us. It's their choice, so eff em, right? Lifestyle, schmifestyle. They're all just stupid people. I'm so glad this is a thread. It was so badly needed. Being perfect rocks! Wait, I mean roxx.

Not sure i've read any hateful posts on here tbh. Maybe the odd bit of light-hearted tom-foolery, but nothing really nasty. Just some quite valid concerns and intelligent replies to those concerns. I feel sometimes religious people need to be less defensive when non-religious people critisize them. We don't care when you tell us we're going to hell, can't you do the same?
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 06:57 AM   #58
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Not sure i've read any hateful posts on here tbh. Maybe the odd bit of light-hearted tom-foolery, but nothing really nasty. Just some quite valid concerns and intelligent replies to those concerns. I feel sometimes religious people need to be less defensive when non-religious people critisize them. We don't care when you tell us we're going to hell, can't you do the same?
Agreed. This thread was doing find until "funny" pictures started to pop up. Everyone has their own beliefs - and we should feel open to talk about them without getting our panties in a knot.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 07:32 AM   #59
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeleeleelee View Post

With all due respect, would you care to point out where the "hate" in this topic is? I've yet to see it.

Well I'd yet to see it until you began invoking Godwin's law on a topic that was staying pretty calm....

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #60
leeleeleelee
X-Force Intern

I just wanted to hate on religions! It's so trendy!
Tron (Tron Legacy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangochutney View Post
...what the actual hell. I think you've just guaranteed your romantic doom here.
leeleeleelee is offline   Reply With Quote