Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-23-2013, 01:30 AM   #706
packingabox

I've met alot of people who dislike Christianity, Wicca, etc. because of the people who believe in the religions, which kind of irks me. In my opinion, Christianity is a lovely religion, with some of the basic tenets right. Wicca is also a beautiful religion, that endorses fair turn and balance. However, people who've had bad experiences with people who practice these religions are going to be reluctant to give them a chance, which is frustrating. Just because a faulty priest or overzealous believer left you with a bad taste, doesn't mean the entire religion is faulty.

I personally believe that every religion and belief has merit, purely based on the fact that people believe it. I affiliate with Wicca, am extremely superstitious, and believe in fairies. But I'll still respect those who believe otherwise.
packingabox is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-23-2013, 06:14 AM   #707
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by packingabox View Post
I've met alot of people who dislike Christianity, Wicca, etc. because of the people who believe in the religions, which kind of irks me. In my opinion, Christianity is a lovely religion, with some of the basic tenets right. Wicca is also a beautiful religion, that endorses fair turn and balance. However, people who've had bad experiences with people who practice these religions are going to be reluctant to give them a chance, which is frustrating. Just because a faulty priest or overzealous believer left you with a bad taste, doesn't mean the entire religion is faulty.

I personally believe that every religion and belief has merit, purely based on the fact that people believe it. I affiliate with Wicca, am extremely superstitious, and believe in fairies. But I'll still respect those who believe otherwise.
It is perfectly valid to dismiss a religion if all your experience with its believers is negative. All religions look nice on paper, but they're not worth salt without the human component.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #708
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
It is perfectly valid to dismiss a religion if all your experience with its believers is negative. All religions look nice on paper, but they're not worth salt without the human component.
*agreement gif whatever I can't be bothered right now*

I think most people are also capable of understanding that not everyone involved in a particular faith behaves equally. When people argue that 'well not everyone X or Y' I think there's a fundamental disconnect where we're not giving someone enough credit to logically reason that for themselves.

When we hear someone say they have issue with a particular religion that isn't petty or childish, there's a reason. Few people, if any, wake up one morning and decide to take issue with something on a whim. An occurrence stimulates those feelings and we can't dismiss people's feelings in the matter because we want to find all religions beautiful and flowery and mystical magical.

It's important to understand that there is a reason behind why someone feels negatively about faith, and that it's equally as valid as finding Christianity lovely or Wicca beautiful.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #709
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
I've met alot of people who dislike Christianity, Wicca, etc. because of the people who believe in the religions, which kind of irks me.
I dislike the political nature of all organized religions. That doesn't stop me from admiring some aspects of religious philosophy or liking some of the people who are members.

Quote:
I personally believe that every religion and belief has merit, purely based on the fact that people believe it.
The Westboro Baptist Church, Warren Jeffs' FLDS Church and Al Qaeda certainly have religious beliefs. Do you really think that they have merit for no other reason than that they believe the things they say? I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are just expressing yourself poorly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
"Cancer was God's way of trying to tell you something."
Next time he should just send you a text.

Last edited by The Hag : 08-23-2013 at 10:55 AM.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote