Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Unread 07-26-2011, 11:03 AM   #1
iLiberate

Anarky Help

My name is Dexter. I'm new here and new to this whole world really. My friends want me to go to comic con and I'm pretty much a closet nerd... anyway. I decided I wanted to go as Anarky, he is the son of the joker from batman. Seems a tiny bit based on V from V for Vendetta. He is a superhero but also fights against the government which gets him into scuffles with other superheroes like batman. For the most part I'm thinking a red V for Vendetta outfit with alterations but I am no tailor. I have a cousin that is going to help me make the costume but I am wondering if you guys have any suggestions for any real pieces of clothing that I could show her to base it off of? Good gloves to buy? Material to use? Really any input would be great...

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...narky#/d1tjblg This isn't really what anarky looks like but I kinda like the idea of merging anarky and V and painting the mask differently.

Thoughs? Comments? Opinions?
iLiberate is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
mantennashower@

I'm not much of a tailor either, so I go with kitbashing existing clothes, an approach that I found suited the character somewhat. If you're sticking with any superhero costumes as they appeared in the comics, I suggest American apparel. Personally, I'm on the verge of redesigning the costume because as cool as it looks, it's not the easiest thing to walk in. The only thing the current Anarky has on Lonnie is a more practical costume but I'm not going with that either. I upgrade the costume a bit before each con- which is why the video doesn't have the reflective tape I put on the mask but the fingerless gloves are a good backup in general if you want to wander the con in costume. They have the Anarky symbol drawn on them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnQJGz40SxE&feature=fvst
mantennashower@ is offline   Reply With Quote