Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Blizzard

Unread 07-27-2011, 01:02 AM   #1
Pashko

Photographer's question for Blizzcon Cosplayers.

Hey cosplayers! I wanted to know what type of photos you guys are interested in? I have gone to Blizzcon the last 3 years and it dawned on me that I take photos for you guys but I have never really asked what you guys like. Do you guys prefer the more realistic edits that look like the photo has not been touched at all? Or do you prefer there to be lots of edits? Do you guys prefer close up or far away shots? Group or singles?

I know thats a lot of questions to throw at you guys but I want to make sure you guys are getting what you want after all the hard work you put into your costume. I will leave a link to my photos and let me know if any of them stand out and if not that is totally fine too. Thanks again guys!

http://pashko.smugmug.com/Video-Games/Blizzcon-2010
Pashko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
Reformed Tomboy
Relapses Happen

I'm no photographer, and I've never used photoshop, so I don't really know what looks best from an artists point of view, but I will say that the shots you got of me were my favorites of all the pics I found of myself online. So from my perspective, you're doing it right already.

These ones:
http://pashko.smugmug.com/Video-Game...59700731_JShBJ
http://pashko.smugmug.com/Video-Game...62623150_Gpiu8
Reformed Tomboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
Wingedwarrior

I agree, I really like your slightly saturated photos with color, and groups of only 1 or 2. The angles are really nice, and I like the slight close ups to the face/bust. Looks great! And wonderful skill you have as well!
Wingedwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #4
Cjiadon
Ooh...soft.

I enjoyed your pictures as well. When I'm picking out photos of myself in costume to show others I like ones that are bust/face, full body or from interesting angles such as close to the ground looking up.

Interested in chainmaille jewelry or anime/video game inspired clothing? Then check out my Etsy Store, Lotus Chainmaille.
Cjiadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 04:43 PM   #5
Aleze

I tend to prefer less edited photos. But sometimes more altered ones catch my attention. Those photos of yours of Reformed Tomboy look excellent because of the angle, increased contrast, and how decreased saturation looks good with her costume. It added more shades to her costume. So, I guess it depends on individual costume.
Aleze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2011, 10:20 PM   #6
dbchan
Minty McNomNoms

I loved your colors last year. Something about the muted, almost pastel like tones stood out to me versus the brigher, untouched photos.

Personally, I like to have a couple of group photos and then some singles, a full body shot to get the whole costume and some others to highlight different key aspects if i have props or intricate make-up, bead work, that kind of thing. I really like staged shots like battles or mimicking in game situations.

Blonadine.net -
Facebook me!

"Nothin but the rain."
dbchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2011, 11:21 PM   #7
Pocket X
The Original Pocket

I have to say, your picture of my costume last year was epic.

That being said, I like to basically see a photographer who puts art into what they do and can carry their own style through their photography. This can be done through straight shots and knowing your camera, or have mad skillz in photoshop. As a photographer myself, I think its a huge compliment when someone makes more art from your costume by their own photography.

So, I say do what feels right and make your artwork!

Blizzcon 2011: Level 1 Rogue Goblin.

Blizzcon 2010: t4 Warrior (Remake)

Previous Costumes: Druid Hoodie and t4 Warrior (WoW)
Pocket X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2011, 01:24 AM   #8
Pashko

Thank you guys for all your input and your kind words! I will take everything you guys expressed here seriously. I cannot wait until Blizzcon! Keep up the amazing work on your costumes!
Pashko is offline   Reply With Quote