Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-23-2011, 08:22 PM   #46
eBay Sniper
Sanguini Draculae

well, there 3 that comes to mind:

Psycho Mantis - Metal Gear Solid 1
HUNK - Resident Evil
British SAS Operative - CoD4- Modern Warfare (from Crew Expendable mission)

2014 cons: Shatterdome Con for sure, and maybe other local ones like AUSA.

Deviant Art - http://scarlet-impaler.deviantart.com/
Facebook - www.facebook.com/marluxia.tepes
eBay Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #47
Pvt sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBay Sniper View Post
The question here is, are you sure you know how to use it? I'm in the Marines and we just recently started to rotate the M40 out, and if you don't know how to use it properly, it would cause damage. Also, note this, if you have a black canister for your M40, don't use it. Its been tested that after prolonged use, 6 Months, it may cause cancer. So, don't use it at all, find a OD Green one or take it apart, gut it out and clean it.
I just checked the filter, and I have a couple questions I was wondering if you could answer them for themn.My filter isn't black or OD green, it's a dark metallic green. Should I still gut it? And if I do, should I wash the whole mask and filter or just the filter? Also, how can I get the filter open?
Pvt sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 06:19 PM   #48
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

Some recent modification of the Resistance costume. Love the look of weathered Military gear. LOVE it.

http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/148916/

'I am a destroyer of worlds!

'I am Harry Fucking Potter!'
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 03:42 AM   #49
eBay Sniper
Sanguini Draculae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt sleepy View Post
I just checked the filter, and I have a couple questions I was wondering if you could answer them for themn.My filter isn't black or OD green, it's a dark metallic green. Should I still gut it? And if I do, should I wash the whole mask and filter or just the filter? Also, how can I get the filter open?
I believe you should be fine then...... Just in case though, i would gut it.

Unread 08-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #50
Pvt sleepy

I have have a tentative plan to make a U.S. army infantryman costume. So far, I plan on having the MICH 2000, ACU BDU's, ACU Complete Outer Plate Carrier with MOLLE pouches, tan combat boots, ACU knee and elbow pads, and an M-4a1 (airsoft). What unit should I use for the patches? I was thinking either 1st or 2nd ranger regiment or 1st Infantry division.

Also, does anyone know where I can get an accessory/NVG mount for my MICH?
Unread 08-30-2011, 07:05 PM   #51
eBay Sniper
Sanguini Draculae

Just go with whatever you think looks the coolest.

For your NVG mount question, best thing I can say is try to eBay it

Unread 08-31-2011, 03:50 PM   #52
Pvt sleepy

There are a few MICH mounts on ebay. Now I have to find some cheap binoculars, or monocular that looks like NOD. That part will probably be the least accurate of the costume, but I'm not paying $600 for actual NVGs.
Unread 08-31-2011, 06:34 PM   #53
eBay Sniper
Sanguini Draculae

Good luck on that, and the ones that we actually use (not sure about other branches) are like 3000 dollars. It would prolly be best to find some small 10 dollar telescope, you can find them at sporting good/hunting stores and are about 4-5 inches long, not perfect, but cheap and look the part.
Unread 09-02-2011, 07:13 AM   #54
Leadmill
Looks good in uniform...

You can buy replica NVG's from places like RSOV.

Current Cosplay Projects
Nights Watch Brother (Game of Thrones) - 70%
Shy Guy (Mario Warfare) - 90%
Leadmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2011, 10:26 AM   #55
Pvt sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt sleepy View Post
There are a few MICH mounts on ebay. Now I have to find some cheap binoculars, or monocular that looks like NOD. That part will probably be the least accurate of the costume, but I'm not paying $600 for actual NVGs.
I found and bought a rhino mount with strap that allows it to be on a MICH ACH, or a PASGT style K-pot, which brings me to my next question. What do yall think about using a PASGT style helmet as opposed to the MICH ACH? The ACH is what is normally what is used by the army, which is what the costume is, but the PASGT looks cooler. They make ACU pattern helmet covers for the PASGT, so I could use it, but would that just make me look like an idiot? Does anyone here know if any army units (besides the National Guard) still use the PASGT, or the Marine's Lightweight Helmet (which looks the same)? I think I saw some 1st Infantry guys wearing the PASGT in The Hurtlocker, but that is not the movie to use for determining accuracy.

Also, what should I use to make the plate carrier look like it actually has plates in it? Would cardboard suffice?
Unread 09-17-2011, 07:50 PM   #56
Pvt sleepy

Ok, I have tried to order the plate carrier from THREE sites that all took my order, but never sent it. I had to contact each one, and they all said they didn't actually have it. So if any of yall ever find a Condor Complete Outer Plate Carrier in ACU size Large, please let me know.

Also, can anyone tell me what nationality and time period this uniform is?http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/.../50215_lrg.jpg http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/.../63745_lrg.jpg http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/.../63744_lrg.jpg There is a really good sale on it, and I was wondering if it was WWII era. I'm embarrassed to admit I know almost nothing about historical uniforms.
Unread 09-20-2011, 07:11 PM   #57
eBay Sniper
Sanguini Draculae

Judging by the boots and the pouch, I'd say US, early Vietnam. We were still using OD uniforms in the beginning. We started to experiment with actual designs and put them in wide spread use soon after.

But hey, I can be wrong.

Unread 09-23-2011, 09:05 PM   #58
Scorpion89
The Master

The Uniform in question is Warsaw Pack Uniform looks to be a knock off of either mid 1960 East German or Polish Uniform.

Look at the lapels they are Soviet Style and the Breast Pockets fit into the Eastern European style of the mid 1960s. The belt is most deft post WWII/Post Korea US Style my guess would be late 50s early 60s. The combat boots are East German all the way I own a pair of these.

As for the haversacks they look like either French or Italian, the Canteen is either an American or English time period mid 70's up till the early 90s. The ammo bag is stander NATO style from the late 70's forward. The helmet looks to be Warsaw Pack note the snaps in the helmet Western style helmets don't have these, my guess is mid 60 thru early 80s.
Unread 10-05-2011, 08:33 PM   #59
Pvt sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBay Sniper View Post
Judging by the boots and the pouch, I'd say US, early Vietnam. We were still using OD uniforms in the beginning. We started to experiment with actual designs and put them in wide spread use soon after.

But hey, I can be wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
The Uniform in question is Warsaw Pack Uniform looks to be a knock off of either mid 1960 East German or Polish Uniform.

Look at the lapels they are Soviet Style and the Breast Pockets fit into the Eastern European style of the mid 1960s. The belt is most deft post WWII/Post Korea US Style my guess would be late 50s early 60s. The combat boots are East German all the way I own a pair of these.

As for the haversacks they look like either French or Italian, the Canteen is either an American or English time period mid 70's up till the early 90s. The ammo bag is stander NATO style from the late 70's forward. The helmet looks to be Warsaw Pack note the snaps in the helmet Western style helmets don't have these, my guess is mid 60 thru early 80s.
Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately, I won't be buying anything like that soon since the budget for my ACU costume had to go up. I couldn't find the Condor vest I wanted, so I had to buy a used US Army issue interceptor vest.

And here is where my ignorance shows most. I need help with the vest. Do yall know where this part of the throat protector goes? Does it go on in conjunction with the other two collar pieces? Also, any speculation as to what this red stain is?

Also, how can I make this helmet cover fit better? As you can see, I threaded the straps through slits in the cover, but it's still too loose.

EDIT:

Damnit! I just found a great deal on a police riot shield; If I had found that a year ago, I could have done a Modern Warfare 2 cosplay (why did they use a riot shield instead of a ballistic shield in that game?). Probably for the best though, because I would have been too tempted to write "P***y Shield" on the front because of my experience in MW2.

Last edited by Pvt sleepy : 10-06-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Unread 10-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #60
eBay Sniper
Sanguini Draculae

Red stain: its prolly a paintball or a paint sim round. Blood starts turning brown after a bit and that still pretty much red.

Throat pro: you see those two buttons on the yolk that has the red stain? Thats where the throat pro connects to. The two buttons on each side then a velcro piece on the front of the flak.

Helmet cover: Those are not meant to come on helmet tight. There is going to be a lot slack with it.