Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con > Rides and Roommates

Unread 08-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
Lake_fairy
Lake_fairy

May need a ride from Raleigh NC to D*C*

Hi everyone, I just found out that I may have a room to stay in for D*C* and I would really really love to go this year but I don't particularly want to drive all the way to Atlanta by myself and pay for all that gas and parking on my own (and it's better for the environment if I hitch a ride...)

I'll be really honest, I'm a 23 year old female cosplayer and want to bring a suit of Wonderflex armor with me this year (aqua from kingdom hearts Birth by sleep), it fits in one duffel bag, and I'm pretty sure I won't have a keyblade, but I will be bringing a second duffel bag or suitcase for the rest of my costumes (a huge array of Disney stuff and maybe some Star Wars if I can pull it together in time), shoes and regular clothes as well as a purse and a small make up case. I rode to Otakon with three other people and their luggage in a small car (they were all cosplayers as well) this year and we all fit our stuff fairly easily, I just wanted to warn people that I may be a little luggage heavy on this trip....

I am more than willing to pay my fair share of gas money as well as provide some snacks and drinks and things for the ride down. I'm pretty easy to get along with, usually I just read a book of no one feels like being terribly sociable, and I would be staying at one of the main hotels down there, so no out of the way driving to get me wherever it is I would need to go.

I believe that my friends are getting a room for Thursday evening through Sunday night, so anyone heading down Thursday afternoon or early Friday morning and heading back Monday lunchtime or later would be preferable....

So if anyone is leaving from (or passing through) the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area and have room in your car for a girl and her costumes, please PM me and we'll see if we can work something out!

Thank you so much!

-Sarah Kate

Last edited by Lake_fairy : 08-08-2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: time and dates for ride
Lake_fairy is offline   Reply With Quote