Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-10-2011, 11:45 AM   #1
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~
 
SirWonderusMary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,128
What should I do?



There are so many cosplays to choose from, but I only want to buy ONE cosplay right now since I'm trying to not spend too much money at one time. So which is the better cosplay I should try?

Kaito-

http://www.fm-anime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=89_285_306& products_id=581

http://www.fm-anime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=89_285_306& products_id=646

Gakupo-

http://www.fm-anime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=89_285_301& products_id=585

Gilbert-
http://www.fm-anime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=89_147&prod ucts_id=1674

Minato -

http://gaara-power.deviantart.com/ar...inato-65833229

joker -

http://media.photobucket.com/image/j...Scans_3958.jpg

Mind you, I have other cosplays I'd like to do from different animes/games but I have no clue what they are right now. My brain isn't capable of thinking it right now.

I'll take any suggestions, even the ones of anime characters I haven't added here:

This me btw in cosplay-

http://sirwonderousmary.deviantart.c...lery/#/d45vjj7

I am the miku, so er. Yeahhhhh, I have cosplayed a girl so I'm not ALL into just guy characters XD.
__________________
Convention List:
-Metro-con 2014
-Holiday Matsuri 2014
-Mega-con 2015
-Metro-con 2015

Cosplay List:
-Loftwing (Skyward Sword)
-Postman (Gentlemen's Alliance Cross)
-Joker (Black Butler)

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 08-10-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
AcornHead
acorn brain
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24
Hmm.. in my opinion the default Kaito cosplay is better (the second link) even tho the costume you linked seemed a little too shiny ^ ^;
The Joker one looks quite expensive (I don't know the price, but it seems pretty complicated)
I know this is rather off topic, but in you should cosplay megurine Luka! ( even if it's not crossplay ^ ^
AcornHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2011, 12:13 PM   #3
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~
 
SirWonderusMary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcornHead View Post
Hmm.. in my opinion the default Kaito cosplay is better (the second link) even tho the costume you linked seemed a little too shiny ^ ^;
The Joker one looks quite expensive (I don't know the price, but it seems pretty complicated)
I know this is rather off topic, but in you should cosplay megurine Luka! ( even if it's not crossplay ^ ^
>.> I like the default Kaito too, especially since its the first costume I've seen him wear, and it's probably the material the site uses. But the site is pretty good in the least. I have no idea for that one is the thing, the site doesn't offer joker but you can ask them to make you the costume so I'm wondering how much they'd ask O__O since Miku was almost 200, and it got here a day before the day I planned it to be released.

:P I DID ask for any suggestions, so its not totally off topic like you say: my question is which version of her do you mean?
__________________
Convention List:
-Metro-con 2014
-Holiday Matsuri 2014
-Mega-con 2015
-Metro-con 2015

Cosplay List:
-Loftwing (Skyward Sword)
-Postman (Gentlemen's Alliance Cross)
-Joker (Black Butler)

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #4
AcornHead
acorn brain
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWonderusMary View Post
>.> I like the default Kaito too, especially since its the first costume I've seen him wear, and it's probably the material the site uses. But the site is pretty good in the least. I have no idea for that one is the thing, the site doesn't offer joker but you can ask them to make you the costume so I'm wondering how much they'd ask O__O since Miku was almost 200, and it got here a day before the day I planned it to be released.

:P I DID ask for any suggestions, so its not totally off topic like you say: my question is which version of her do you mean?
=w=; I didn't read that bit *shot* anyways.. uhm..

How about the (badass) Luka version of Love is war?

The costume is similar to these ones (I think it's more like the second :c )



There is a more "Miku-ish" version, but I find the one above is better u.u



(it kind of looks like that)

I'm not sure if you can buy both costumes online

But seen as you already have a Miku wig (and if you want to save money) you could always cosplay her in Love is war ( even tho the a curly wig probably wouldn't look good for that theme)

Otherwise you could cosplay as Miku or Luka in the Alice in Musicland version



I'm not sure if you can find already the costumes online.. the song is pretty recent (I think)
but the curly miku wig (if you still have it) would look cute with her costume <3

the wig could also look good in "Venomania No Ouyake No Kyouki"



it would make Miku look "more classy" 8D
AcornHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2011, 04:14 PM   #5
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~
 
SirWonderusMary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcornHead View Post
=w=; I didn't read that bit *shot* anyways.. uhm..

How about the (badass) Luka version of Love is war?

The costume is similar to these ones (I think it's more like the second :c )



There is a more "Miku-ish" version, but I find the one above is better u.u



(it kind of looks like that)

I'm not sure if you can buy both costumes online

But seen as you already have a Miku wig (and if you want to save money) you could always cosplay her in Love is war ( even tho the a curly wig probably wouldn't look good for that theme)

Otherwise you could cosplay as Miku or Luka in the Alice in Musicland version



I'm not sure if you can find already the costumes online.. the song is pretty recent (I think)
but the curly miku wig (if you still have it) would look cute with her costume <3

the wig could also look good in "Venomania No Ouyake No Kyouki"



it would make Miku look "more classy" 8D
>< which now that I think of it, it looks amazing. The cosplays you're talking about look extremely cute so it's on my list of what to do next.

And is there another venomania? : o that title is different, the cosplay I showed you was "Madness of duke Venomania" I believe so that title confuses me.

And, I'm not sure...but right now thinking of this:

http://fashioncos.com/onlineshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_4&product s_id=993

I don't know if i should trust it...but the costume, i adore it ;-;
__________________
Convention List:
-Metro-con 2014
-Holiday Matsuri 2014
-Mega-con 2015
-Metro-con 2015

Cosplay List:
-Loftwing (Skyward Sword)
-Postman (Gentlemen's Alliance Cross)
-Joker (Black Butler)

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 02:09 PM   #6
AcornHead
acorn brain
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWonderusMary View Post
>< which now that I think of it, it looks amazing. The cosplays you're talking about look extremely cute so it's on my list of what to do next.

And is there another venomania? : o that title is different, the cosplay I showed you was "Madness of duke Venomania" I believe so that title confuses me.

And, I'm not sure...but right now thinking of this:

http://fashioncos.com/onlineshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_4&product s_id=993

I don't know if i should trust it...but the costume, i adore it ;-;
OAO how couldn't I recognise it?! (if it wasn't for you saying it was a miku costume I wouldn't have had a clue) well..it's probably because I haven't seen the pv a lot ^^' (I'm only a bit familiar with gumi's costume >A>)
I don't know why, but you also reminded me of the female version of Ciel from Kuroshitsuji owo ( that wig <3 )


Can I ask you a nooby question with buying costumes online? I'm not an expert =_=

the price says $90.00 right? so if someone has to order a smaller than an XS size or one bigger than 3XL does the price change? /it's not my case =w= I'm just asking lol

The costumes seems alright.. tho I wish there were more images of it > < ... more images of cosplayers wearing it <3 =v=

but ... is it me or is the costume less detailed than most of the ones you listed on your 1st post? :|
AcornHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #7
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~
 
SirWonderusMary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcornHead View Post
OAO how couldn't I recognise it?! (if it wasn't for you saying it was a miku costume I wouldn't have had a clue) well..it's probably because I haven't seen the pv a lot ^^' (I'm only a bit familiar with gumi's costume >A>)
I don't know why, but you also reminded me of the female version of Ciel from Kuroshitsuji owo ( that wig <3 )


Can I ask you a nooby question with buying costumes online? I'm not an expert =_=

the price says $90.00 right? so if someone has to order a smaller than an XS size or one bigger than 3XL does the price change? /it's not my case =w= I'm just asking lol

The costumes seems alright.. tho I wish there were more images of it > < ... more images of cosplayers wearing it <3 =v=

but ... is it me or is the costume less detailed than most of the ones you listed on your 1st post? :|

XD It's okay! The venomania outfits for all the harem are pretty personalized for each character and just depends on how much you study the costume. Miku's I think its pretty poofy compared to the others : o. *raises brow* really? Female Ciel? I guess, by the hair. >.> but everything else is different.

Uh, some stores do change the prize. Like on ebay, I believe one item I saw changed the prize the bigger you asked. But in my opinion: Don't do it. Just don't. Measure yourself...look online for the "measurements" guide and measure yourself for your costume for a tailored costume that's right for you, course have your measurements a little bigger so in case you get a little fatter it'll still fit.

Thats what i'm thinking.....Course right now I'm thinking I should give myself a try on making it myself from scratch. Fm-anime just contacted me saying they could do it and the costume would be: 115 + 35 dollar shipping.

With every aspect of the costume, if I ordered from them like the wig and shoes with that order it'd be almost 300. So I'm thinking just order their shoes and thats it.
__________________
Convention List:
-Metro-con 2014
-Holiday Matsuri 2014
-Mega-con 2015
-Metro-con 2015

Cosplay List:
-Loftwing (Skyward Sword)
-Postman (Gentlemen's Alliance Cross)
-Joker (Black Butler)

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 04:17 PM   #8
AcornHead
acorn brain
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWonderusMary View Post
XD It's okay! The venomania outfits for all the harem are pretty personalized for each character and just depends on how much you study the costume. Miku's I think its pretty poofy compared to the others : o. *raises brow* really? Female Ciel? I guess, by the hair. >.> but everything else is different.

Uh, some stores do change the prize. Like on ebay, I believe one item I saw changed the prize the bigger you asked. But in my opinion: Don't do it. Just don't. Measure yourself...look online for the "measurements" guide and measure yourself for your costume for a tailored costume that's right for you, course have your measurements a little bigger so in case you get a little fatter it'll still fit.

Thats what i'm thinking.....Course right now I'm thinking I should give myself a try on making it myself from scratch. Fm-anime just contacted me saying they could do it and the costume would be: 115 + 35 dollar shipping.

With every aspect of the costume, if I ordered from them like the wig and shoes with that order it'd be almost 300. So I'm thinking just order their shoes and thats it.
woah 300? maybe it's best to start getting the sewing kit °-°;

does the character have any props that go with that costume? example: a cain, cards etc?

damn, I hate anime shoes D: ( they are as awsome as the rest of the outfit but you can't "make" them =_= ) .. yeah, it's best only to get the shoes ( as long as you can find a place where to find the wig)
If only all anime characters wore trainers or flip-flops XD

I think that if you make your costume from scratch and it comes out pretty well, you'd feel better than if you had ordered it *w* /if only I wasn't so lazy I would start planning on a costume right now *A*b
Are you going to cosplay at a con? if so then you'd better see how much time you've got to make your costume D:
If not then.. take your time ^ ^
AcornHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #9
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~
 
SirWonderusMary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcornHead View Post
woah 300? maybe it's best to start getting the sewing kit °-°;

does the character have any props that go with that costume? example: a cain, cards etc?

damn, I hate anime shoes D: ( they are as awsome as the rest of the outfit but you can't "make" them =_= ) .. yeah, it's best only to get the shoes ( as long as you can find a place where to find the wig)
If only all anime characters wore trainers or flip-flops XD

I think that if you make your costume from scratch and it comes out pretty well, you'd feel better than if you had ordered it *w* /if only I wasn't so lazy I would start planning on a costume right now *A*b
Are you going to cosplay at a con? if so then you'd better see how much time you've got to make your costume D:
If not then.. take your time ^ ^
;-; 300 isn't worth it for ONE costume entirely. So i'll just see if my grandma can lend me her sewing machine. I think she has several. As for the prop, I suppose he does if a skeleton hand is considered that? Though people have done other things, such as cover their hand entirely in white tape so they wouldn't need it.

I think I can probably try going to Ebay. Well, that OR the same store that is offering 300 for the entire thing, and buy the wig and cosplay. But I remember there being some sort of wig store in a town nearby. I liked the wigs there : o. And..shoes, well obviously it has to be there, but makes me wonder if it can be found cheaper else where. makes it easier for us, but not all animes can have flip flip shoes. it'd make no sense XD.

8D we're similar to each other then I suppose with that..Course, trying to NOT be lazy so I can be this character. And seeing this one chick in her own cosplay made me wanna try it i guess..It felt weird telling one girl that made her own costume that I bought my own. Course, it sucked a bit since the costume was also a bit big on me too. ^^U

^.^ I've got a long time until I go to a convention anytime soon. so i'm fine, trust me. There's no rush, and well it'll take a while to make it with my level of experience ^^U
__________________
Convention List:
-Metro-con 2014
-Holiday Matsuri 2014
-Mega-con 2015
-Metro-con 2015

Cosplay List:
-Loftwing (Skyward Sword)
-Postman (Gentlemen's Alliance Cross)
-Joker (Black Butler)

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 04:58 PM   #10
Momoko Peach
Married to Sebby
 
Momoko Peach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 101
SANDPLAY KAITO SANDPLAY KAITO SANDPLAY KAITO

Sorry, Kaito is my favorite Vocaloid XD
__________________
Cosplays I am currently working on/plan on working on soon

Gumi - Vocaloid (Matryoshka PV) : 90% complete
Len - Vocaloid (Imitation Black PV) : 0% complete
Princess Kraehe - Princess Tutu : 10% complete
Kneesocks - Panty&Stocking : 10% complete
Momoko Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #11
~BloodCaduceus~
Future Trauma Surgeon
 
~BloodCaduceus~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 111
I vote for the Gakupo cosplay, it's unique, would stand out in a crowd, and draws my attention the greatest when comparing it to your other options.
__________________
NOW ACCEPTING WIG AND PROP COMMISSIONS!
For commission information, such as pricing, please PM me!

Next convention: NYCC (Saturday Only)
Costume: Hades from Saint Seiya The Lost Canvas

Proud Member of Cosplay Burlesque!
~BloodCaduceus~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #12
ローレン
Registered User
 
ローレン's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 674
To me, I think you're kind of cat-like, so I suggest Bao Sanniang from Dynasty Warriors 7! <3
ローレン is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #13
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~
 
SirWonderusMary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,128
Momoko Peach: XD I'm also a kaito Fan as well, though gotta say he got me more when my girlfriend showed a video of him singing/dancing pretty....girly >_>, along with his scream...being girly XD. so I might do that one day.

~BloodCaduceus~: That one...was one of my first choices too, : o since it works with the fact I already have his wig. Sounds perfect right? Though I'll leave him for another day (already decided : o)

ローレン: D: sorry, I should've mentioned in the description, but I'm quite Self conscious about showing skin. >< I feel fat, especially when showing leg. So, it's quite difficult for me to choose any girl characters, since I have it in my head that someone is going to be there and judge me. So until I get over that, I most likely won't cosplay said character, or any like her. Sorry D:

atm: Decided to go for making my own Joker cosplay. ^^U After that, well I'm not sure what to cosplay...maybe draw from a hat ;p
__________________
Convention List:
-Metro-con 2014
-Holiday Matsuri 2014
-Mega-con 2015
-Metro-con 2015

Cosplay List:
-Loftwing (Skyward Sword)
-Postman (Gentlemen's Alliance Cross)
-Joker (Black Butler)

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.