Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Masquerade / Skit Discussion

Unread 11-26-2003, 06:21 PM   #1
Ashbrie
SUDDENLY MIRACLE TRAIN!

Need help with a skit of…interesting characters.

My friends and I would like to do a skit for Otakon, but we could use some help. First off, none of us have ever done a skit, so were not exactly sure what people like or not. Second, our characters are all completely unrelated to each other. Our characters are KOSMOS from Xenosaga, Misao from Rurouni Kenshin, and Caina from Wild Arms 2. Is it possible for three totally unrelated characters to do a really amusing skit?

Thanks in advance. ^_^

Unread 11-26-2003, 06:29 PM   #2
WingZero2988
Kenshin says oro

we already started writing a skit but it has a few "inside" jokes that have to do with the anime and video games we are from....would that go over the heads of too many people? we were also wondering about sort of having "mini battles" and poking fun at DDR...we only saw one cosplay skit event and none of them really tackled combining characters from different shows/games

and also, i am willing to make many plushies as props ^_^
WingZero2988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2003, 06:34 PM   #3
SquishedFlower
Orangina drinking fiend

Yeah our first idea was VERY amusing but I sadly think that some (not all) thinghs are going to go over the heads of peoples, avast., I know not what to do... merg
SquishedFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2003, 10:25 PM   #4
Eleryth
Rollin Rollin Rollin

Do the characters have anything in common at all? Are they all boy crazy? Robots? Catgirls? Video game characters?

Have a dance off, copying a dance from a well known show, like Grease, or that Buffy thing (I don't watch, so I have no real idea about that one), or Thriller, or something... ?

Can you coax someone up to be a host on some sort of show? (We did that once. It was funny, IMHO, and the audience laughed. Our charas had NOTHING to do with one another, except that their series' were all over, which became our title: Today, on Johnny! Anime Characters Whose Series' Have Ended - Where are they Now? (AN02)).

Other people have had ideas such as "This is your brain.... at a convention, after two days without sleep, after eating 12 boxes of pocky, etc..." (AN03)

We also did a dating game style show, showing off the 'bachelorettes'. (TT03)

Um... gah. Sorry, I am not the creative one. Our best ideas came out when we were sitting as a group and chatting.

One we had but didn't use was that the anime characters were really 'live', and we were going to show them in the coffee room on a break, complaining about certain well-known things in their series (i.e. Sakura might complain that she always has to change clothes, and has no room in her closet, or that fittings with the seamstress sucks, or a video game chara might complain that what gamer would ever hit that combination of moves anyway, because then they're a button-masher, or complain about how they have nothing to do because the other color version 'player 2' is the more popular choice, so they get all the work... complain about having to wear wigs, scant amounts of clothing to appeal to the target market of young males, etc).

I think I will just stop rambling now....
Eleryth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2003, 08:59 AM   #5
Ashbrie
SUDDENLY MIRACLE TRAIN!

Oh wow, those are all great ideas. I shall keep them all in mind. ^_^ I just realized it would probably help if I actually described the characters perhaps…

Misao: She's a bubbly person. She also has a hot temper. She's also totally obsessed with Aoshi despite Aoshi being so distant and all. Kenshin first saw Misao when she was jacking some money from some unsuspected guys. Later when she found out that Kenshin knew Aoshi, she bugged him. Later they sort of became friends.

KOSMOS: Emotionless android. In the game, they often call her “that weapon” and “merchandise.” Uhh…That’s really all I can think of. -_-

Caina: Caina I guess would be…psychotic. Her weapon is a giant key (Which would make a nice “Kingdom Hearts Reject” joke.) which she uses to summon demons. Also, in Japan Caina was originally a boy but changed to a girl in America. That would probably be because she has an obsession with her leader, Sir Vinsfeld. I’m sure there has to be a joke in that somewhere…