Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Singapore

Unread 08-13-2011, 08:31 PM   #1
Yuki neko

Exclamation Whose goin to STGCC This year and which character are you going as?:D

Who are you goin as guys?;D and since I have Shirayuki Mizore frm vampire+Rosario,Yuuki cross and hell girl's costume, I wanna ask your opinion who should I go as? I'm pretty confused cos I cant really decide and I'm quite new at cosplaying (-。-; I really wud be happy if you can help~!! =3=
Yuki neko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-16-2011, 04:57 AM   #2
Garuda_Aiacos
Waitin 4 Behemoth Violate

How many days you're going? Which costumes is the most complete and haven't worn or least worn before?

Yuuki Cross and VK seems a pretty "common" cosplay at local events so personally I'll go for the other 2. Then again, I didn't really go to the last 2 events. >_<

As for me, hope I can wear my latest Saint Seiya Costume BUT still haven't finish anything yet ESPECIALLY the Prop. Anyway will be in my SW Armor most of the time.

SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Hades Alone
SAINT SEIYA SUPER MUSICAL Athena Saori
SAINT SEIYA OMEGA Orion Eden
SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Athena Sasha
Garuda_Aiacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2011, 09:16 AM   #3
Yuki neko

1 day Which is the 20th of august how about you~? Owh ic..~:3 all r complete except I dun have the shoes T.T I Duno whether I shud just wear my gothic Lolita ones which r white or order them...bt doesn't it take a long time to come if I order them? Oh..souka :/ prop as in mean the weapon n stuff? o.o I saw some vids on YouTube n I saw like some cosplayers were sitting down posing while ppl took pics and some were standing behind a white backdrop. Did the cosplayers put it uP themselves or was it the event organizers that put it up? ._. sry for asking questions..newbie here -.-
Unread 08-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
Garuda_Aiacos
Waitin 4 Behemoth Violate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki neko View Post
1 day Which is the 20th of august how about you~?
Will be there both days as I'll help to man a booth there (non-commerical booth).

Quote:
Owh ic..~:3 all r complete except I dun have the shoes T.T I Duno whether I shud just wear my gothic Lolita ones which r white or order them...bt doesn't it take a long time to come if I order them?
Well, what does the characters usually wear? Something close in the same/similar colors and design will work but anything too different will not. Can take a look at what other cosplayers (Japanese, Taiwanese, China, HK etc) in the same costume did for some ideas about alternatives to the shoes.

And even with Global Priority Shipping, think it's too late to order any shoes tho' it's not too late to look for something close at local Shoes shoes, especially the ones are Housing Estate Centrals like Mad About Shoes Shops.

Quote:
prop as in mean the weapon n stuff? o.o
Actually no for me. Need to paint something.

Quote:
I saw some vids on YouTube n I saw like some cosplayers were sitting down posing while ppl took pics and some were standing behind a white backdrop. Did the cosplayers put it uP themselves or was it the event organizers that put it up? ._.
Well, it depend on which event you're talking about.

Some events got areas where there is an areas provided by the Organizer for posing/photoshoot while other dun so cosplayers and photographers just choose some wall or area for it.

One of the tactics to get Photographers to come to you and take your photo is to sit down or stand somewhere near a background (wall, window etc) and pose but it only works if you do look pretty or/and different from rest.

Other time while walking around, Photographer might stop you and ask to take your photo. If lucky, a wall of Photographers will form up to take your photo.

SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Hades Alone
SAINT SEIYA SUPER MUSICAL Athena Saori
SAINT SEIYA OMEGA Orion Eden
SAINT SEIYA THE LOST CANVAS Athena Sasha
Garuda_Aiacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 03:40 AM   #5
Yuki neko

Ic^^ so maybe I can see u and take a pic
I might be going as Mizore Shirayuki then since VK is pretty common now :/ and for mizore's shoes, my Lolita ones are the same colour but tOtally different design..REally different i'll try to look for a similar one,but if I can't n have to wear the one I have will ppl really notice or realize tht it doesn't really seem right?

Wow *o* I hope what ur painting turn out great D

STGCC event~
Souka~ tht sounds really cool! n when u say different u mean not a common anime tht ppl always cosplay right~? ^^ I hope the cosplayers there are also friendly >_<
Unread 11-14-2011, 07:27 AM   #6
Lord_angelus
Geek. Girl. Gummy. Galima

STGCC went to cos as Lady Mechanika from Apsen comics.
Lord_angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2011, 06:09 AM   #7
Yuki neko

Cool~! Did u Attend AFA11~?