Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-22-2012, 09:02 PM   #151
Lepuppy7

Talking Flashmob

WE SHOULD DO A FLASHMOB.
we gotta!!!! I swear, it'd be so fun ><
everyone would have to be prepared for it, and we'd have to find something good to do though, hmmmm
Lepuppy7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #152
VampireSin
Grimm Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3BelovedX3 View Post
Hey guys!

I've got a bit of a predicament. So I'm in the masquerade on Saturday night. Sadly that interferes with the Sunset shoot I had been planning. Now I've got a few options... First I could cancel the shoot, which I really hope doesn't have to happen. Second, someone else could run it on Saturday night at 7:30pm. Or third, I could switch the shoot to Friday night, same time. This way we would also have a Friday shoot.

So what do you guys think? I really want this shoot to happen. I think a sunset marina shoot would be awesome!
I'm cool with it being friday. Dont really have any other costumes planned BUT One Piece ones this year.

Katsucon:
Starscream, Amaimon, Lady Lucci
Otakon
Find me on Facebook
VampireSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #153
LeRoux

(I'm the one who message you on Skype)
If we do this, I do photography as a side hobby, I will HAPPILY take some great photos and if you need any help running the shoot I will happily do so
LeRoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #154
LeRoux

Oh wow, I'm late on this, but if the shoot is still Saturday I can certainly run it, my friend Geoff has run the Saturday shoot the past few years (he's the super tall Sanji) and asked if I could set it up since he cannot attend this year. I am not sure if I can do Friday, but Saturday I am all free, we can do it afternoon, sunset, whichever. Also, X3BelovedX3 I would love to have some pictures with you if you can't do a Saturday shoot perhaps much earlier on Saturday during the day

If anyone wants to contact me, please feel free, so we can coordinate this.
Facebook: facebook.com/beyondbirthday
dA: deviyantee.deviantart.com
Unread 06-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #155
Jefu!
King of the Girl Pants

Hello all, this is the aforementioned (super tall) Sanji that LeRoux just mentioned who has been running the main ONE PIECE photoshoots at Otakon for a couple of years now.

So there's been a change in plans and apparently I am able to make it to Otakon this year! I wasn't planning on going so I haven't had time to check the photoshoot schedule out yet but it seems like we have a set time and location already but the Ring Leader has just dropped out due to other engagements.

If no one minds, I would be more than happy to run the 'shoot again this year. It's one of my favorite things to do so I'd be A-OK with doing it if there are no objections.

Lemme know and I'll scan the thread here to see what's already been decided so nobody gets thrown off from new plans.

Thanks and see you all soon~
SATURDAY = Sanji (Movie Z Pirate) -- ONE PIECE
Spike (Classy Gala Hipster) -- MLP: FiM
SUNDAY = TBD

devArt: staticguru

Last edited by Jefu! : 06-23-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Jefu! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #156
Lepuppy7

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3BelovedX3 View Post
Hey guys!

I've got a bit of a predicament. So I'm in the masquerade on Saturday night. Sadly that interferes with the Sunset shoot I had been planning. Now I've got a few options... First I could cancel the shoot, which I really hope doesn't have to happen. Second, someone else could run it on Saturday night at 7:30pm. Or third, I could switch the shoot to Friday night, same time. This way we would also have a Friday shoot.

So what do you guys think? I really want this shoot to happen. I think a sunset marina shoot would be awesome!
No, No, NOOOOO, please don't make it Friday!!!!. . . . . I feel really mean saying that though, because if you don't then you don't get to go >___>
but, noooo, i was really really glad that both shoots were on the same day, so that I could One Piece cosplay to both Dx And I had really liked the idea for the Sunset Shoot. . . .
I'd suggest that you hold that one then and I do the Saturday one...problem with that is that I know nothing about holding a photoshoot and I'm even a newbie to Otakon and cons in general (this is my second con~)........so that would turn out TERRIBLY.
Lepuppy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 02:07 AM   #157
LeRoux

Just Jefu said above, he's been doing it for the past few years and loves it. I am sure he would love the help, but he can help you out ther Lepuppy7 :P
Unread 06-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #158
Jefu!
King of the Girl Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepuppy7 View Post
No, No, NOOOOO, please don't make it Friday!!!!. . . . . I feel really mean saying that though, because if you don't then you don't get to go >___>
but, noooo, i was really really glad that both shoots were on the same day, so that I could One Piece cosplay to both Dx And I had really liked the idea for the Sunset Shoot. . . .
I'd suggest that you hold that one then and I do the Saturday one...problem with that is that I know nothing about holding a photoshoot and I'm even a newbie to Otakon and cons in general (this is my second con~)........so that would turn out TERRIBLY.
Yes, as LeRoux just pointed out, I'd be more than happy to do the Saturday shoot and have a few years of experience running ONE PIECE photoshoots :P

So no worries, the Saturday shoot is still on!

If people also want to do a Friday shoot, that is entirely up to them.
SATURDAY = Sanji (Movie Z Pirate) -- ONE PIECE
Spike (Classy Gala Hipster) -- MLP: FiM
SUNDAY = TBD

devArt: staticguru
Jefu! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #159
X3BelovedX3
Chu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoux View Post
Oh wow, I'm late on this, but if the shoot is still Saturday I can certainly run it, my friend Geoff has run the Saturday shoot the past few years (he's the super tall Sanji) and asked if I could set it up since he cannot attend this year. I am not sure if I can do Friday, but Saturday I am all free, we can do it afternoon, sunset, whichever. Also, X3BelovedX3 I would love to have some pictures with you if you can't do a Saturday shoot perhaps much earlier on Saturday during the day
We have a Saturday at 11am shoot that both Life Size 23 and I are running. You guys are more than welcome to help out! The more help the better! Oh and I would love to get pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepuppy7 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefu! View Post
Yes, as LeRoux just pointed out, I'd be more than happy to do the Saturday shoot and have a few years of experience running ONE PIECE photoshoots :P

So no worries, the Saturday shoot is still on!

If people also want to do a Friday shoot, that is entirely up to them.
Hey I like your idea, Lepuppy7! How does everyone feel about two sunset shoots? I really wanted to wear my SW Robin for the sunset shoot I had planned Saturday night, but the masquerade kinda got in the way of those plans for me. I could run one Friday night and Lepuppy7 or Jetfu! could run the other Saturday night? Idk, it's just an idea. If not two sunset shoots, Lepuppy7 or Jetfu!, you are more than welcome to run the Saturday night one if you still want to. :3

Puppy!Aoba // Fem!Doflamingo // Aoba // Yukata!Aoba

2014 Conventions:

Otakon // Nijicon // Takii

Check Out My Cosplaying Schedules & DA Account:

Schedules & DA
X3BelovedX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #160
MoonNeko
Raggedy Man

I'll just be lucky if I can make one shoot xD *dies* stupid impossibly hot One Piece cosplay!! I sure love it, but my body hates that I wear like 5 layers in 100 degree weather XD

ALSO JEFFU I AM SOO GLAD YOU GUYS ARE GETTING TO GO!!! Otakon wouldn't be the same without you ;u;

Tokyo in Tulsa 6
Otakon 20 2013

Cosplays Planned :

TBA
MoonNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #161
VampireSin
Grimm Kitty

I'm so confused now >>; So many shoots and people flopping around. Ah well, theres still time. Back to work on cosplay.

Katsucon:
Starscream, Amaimon, Lady Lucci
Otakon
Find me on Facebook
VampireSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #162
SongInTheStorm
GenderBender

Hi guys! Thanks to a little inspiration from Giullare(whose cosplaying as Mihawk) I'll be coming as a Fem-Shanks to Otakon for Thursday and a good part of Friday. Sadly I won't make it to the main photoshoot, but i would love to come to the sunset photoshoot! =D
~~~Namine~~~
*SECRET*
SongInTheStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #163
Lepuppy7

Talking

Okay, okay, it seems like this may well all work out well!!!! *squees with joy ><!!*
But I can see how VampireSin feels xD, let's get this all straightened out!! Ok, I'm pretty sure everyone would be more htan happy with 2 sunset shoot (the more OP shoots the better ^^~) Soo, X3BelovedX3, you're holding one Friday 7pm, aand Jefu is holding the one on Saturday (at 7pm??) ?

KAHHH, I'M JUST SOOOO EXCITED XC!!!!!!!! All of this One Piece love is making me so happy X) !!!!!!!! And I just now realized that, not only will there be cosplays other than just a bunch of luffy's, but there will also be a bunch of amazing cosplayers there!!!!!!! (\^0^/)
Unread 06-26-2012, 12:17 AM   #164
X3BelovedX3
Chu!

Sorry for confusing anyone and everyone! Alright, so we'll have two sunset shoots, one Friday night and the other Saturday night. And one morning shoot, Saturday at 11am? Is anyone planning a Friday morning/mid-day shoot, or should the sunset shoot be the only one on Friday?

Puppy!Aoba // Fem!Doflamingo // Aoba // Yukata!Aoba

2014 Conventions:

Otakon // Nijicon // Takii

Check Out My Cosplaying Schedules & DA Account:

Schedules & DA
X3BelovedX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 12:39 AM   #165
Lepuppy7

Yea, actually, no one else is planning on doing any others, right? None Friday morning? None Sunday??