Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #151
C0rvu51nku8a3
Best chin on Cosplay.com

Any quote related to Infowars.com or Prisonplanet.com
C0rvu51nku8a3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-19-2011, 04:32 PM   #152
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
What did you expect from a Polack?
Yeah, I'm a drunk dumb guy. We sent spaceships to the sun. Also, we were drinking and hitting our wives in between pumping out MANY children with our tiny peni.

'I am a destroyer of worlds!

'I am Harry Fucking Potter!'
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #153
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmarus View Post
I personally think stereotypes are hilarious. Anyone with half a brain can tell they're a joke. Anyone who seriously believes them is an idiot, in which case, why do you give a shit what they think? I'm a blonde geek of polish/irish decent. I think people just take the opinions of the idiots WAY too seriously. I always laugh when the stereotype just proves itself. I never got the "black people love fried chicken" thing until I worked in a black neighborhood where there were no less than 4 fried chicken places in a one block area.
To me, they can be funny, I ment stereotypes toward others that're ment to be taken seriously. I do know they are a joke and I don't believe them, I am just saying that it CAN hurt other people. I understand saying them as a joke at times, saying them ALL THE TIME to hurt someone is stupid and pointless. While I personaly dins them funny and I even say a few myself, you must admit that after being told over and over about your stereotype, it's aggravating.

Last edited by LoliLovely : 08-19-2011 at 05:05 PM.
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 07:22 PM   #154
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

So where is the difference between stereotypes and racism? Saying all black people eat fried chicken sounds to me, as a white person, quite racist. However I am white so what would I know? Go find a black person though and tell them that, see what their reaction is, get back to us. I'd be genuinely intruiged to see how thing go for you. It doesn't matter if you don't believe your bullshit stereotypes, they still have the power to offend and stereotypes are a very sensitive issue for all races/genders/ethnicities ect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 07:32 PM   #155
an deiner Seite
Hell doesn't love them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgnirysFaye View Post
And blonde jokes. I hate blonde jokes. Which additional comments of "Wow you are so smart for a blonde!" "Oh it's ok, you are a blonde, you are allowed to act like a ditz/dumb" or "Oh gee, talk about me having a dumb blonde moment, you must be rubbing off on me!"

STFU. You wouldn't go up to someone and say "Hey I just had a dumb black girl moment!" or "It's ok, You are a Jew, you are allowed to act dumb and ignorant" so why is it ok to assume and treat me like I am some dumb ditzy silly thing? It is fustrating when people don't take you seriously.

THIS.

I'm naturally a very dark brunette (borderline black) and since the end of June I've lightened up my hair to a strawberry blonde, and then last night I bleached it to an extremely light blonde (and it's not fried~~), and one guy I know repeatedly makes dumb blonde jokes at me. If I do something clueless or dumb, he asks if some of the dye may have seeped into my head and other shit like that.

Sure I make dumb blonde jokes at myself in humor but that just irks me when other people do it to be insulting.

Stocking - Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Rikku - Final Fantasy X
Frodo Baggins - Lord of the Rings
Baby - House of 1000 Corpses/the Devil's Rejects (for Zombie Walk)
an deiner Seite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #156
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
So where is the difference between stereotypes and racism? Saying all black people eat fried chicken sounds to me, as a white person, quite racist. However I am white so what would I know? Go find a black person though and tell them that, see what their reaction is, get back to us. I'd be genuinely intruiged to see how thing go for you. It doesn't matter if you don't believe your bullshit stereotypes, they still have the power to offend and stereotypes are a very sensitive issue for all races/genders/ethnicities ect.
At a party, a friend of mine offered up (ceremoniously, not like passing a plate around) a black friend of ours a whole watermelon and some grape soda.

My black friend punched the watermelon.

I don't know, your post just reminded me of that time.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #157
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by an deiner Seite View Post

THIS.

I'm naturally a very dark brunette (borderline black) and since the end of June I've lightened up my hair to a strawberry blonde, and then last night I bleached it to an extremely light blonde (and it's not fried~~), and one guy I know repeatedly makes dumb blonde jokes at me. If I do something clueless or dumb, he asks if some of the dye may have seeped into my head and other shit like that.

Sure I make dumb blonde jokes at myself in humor but that just irks me when other people do it to be insulting.
Redhead jokes get pretty annoying as well, though I'm sure you blondes get jokes far more frequently than I.

Just the other day some dude at a vendor's booth at a con was like, "Hey, you know the difference between a redhead and a terrorist? --You can reason with a terrorist!"
The fuck?
Leave me alone, brah.

And @StrawberrySiren, I would have punched that watermelon too, had I been there...and...well...black.

"Your ultrasound shanty is shady as hell!" - Lithium Flower

The Winter Soldier (CA:TWS)
Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Sasha and Aleksis Kaidonovsky (Cherno Alpha pilots, Pacific Rim)
Various rockstars
Flora88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #158
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

I didn't even know until recently there were redhead jokes aside from the whole "they're buck wild in the sack" thing.

'I am a destroyer of worlds!

'I am Harry Fucking Potter!'
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #159
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Quote:
I didn't even know until recently there were redhead jokes aside from the whole "they're buck wild in the sack" thing.
There are.
And apparently they're mostly about us being angry and scary.

Hiram McDaniels and the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives In Your Home (WTNV)
Various rockstars
Unread 08-19-2011, 08:09 PM   #160
BeerNgaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Miki View Post
"That's what she said." only when it barely makes sense. If I get it, I'm fine, but the jerks at my school who say it when they want everyone to laugh at me and make me shut up are just UGH!
Agreed. Heavily overused.
BeerNgaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #161
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post
There are.
And apparently they're mostly about us being angry and scary.
Yea mostly about how redheads have "terrible tempers"

But personally I think if ya'll get offended by Blonde jokes you need thicker skin....seriously we just made it a point that race stereotypes are far worse and far more offensive. Be glad you're just teased slightly for your hair.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #162
Convulsive
My name is Kan

the only redhead joke I have ever made was at my friend campbell, he said I was weird and I shouted, "At least I'm not a ginger!"
I got so much applause. xD

and I personally find stereotypical JOKES hilarious. Now the serious note (like the jackass philosophy of girls=Kitchen/sandwich) irks me. But if it's an, "Oh kandler bluhbluhbluh a white girl" then I'll laugh.

Another 'taken seriously' stereotype that I hate is all cheerleaders are sluts/attention whores/full of themself. 'Scuse me?

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 09:36 PM   #163
Stina006
Even in darkness...

Quote:
I personally think stereotypes are hilarious. Anyone with half a brain can tell they're a joke. Anyone who seriously believes them is an idiot, in which case, why do you give a shit what they think? I'm a blonde geek of polish/irish decent. I think people just take the opinions of the idiots WAY too seriously. I always laugh when the stereotype just proves itself. I never got the "black people love fried chicken" thing until I worked in a black neighborhood where there were no less than 4 fried chicken places in a one block area.
haven't you ever thought that those chicken restaurants were there because, oh I don't know? People like fried chicken?
Edward Elric-Fullmetal Alchemist

Planned~
North Italy-Hetalia
Link-Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages ver.- The Legend of Zelda
Super Sailor Chibi Moon- Sailor Moon
Stina006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 09:39 PM   #164
Flora88
Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazItUp View Post
Yea mostly about how redheads have "terrible tempers"
There's also the more direct hair/fire comparison.

I really wish my hair would do, like, a Hades-type thing when I'm angry, just to give credence to these jokes. (And because it would be pretty sweet.)

Various rockstars
Unread 08-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #165
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazmodic View Post
the only redhead joke I have ever made was at my friend campbell, he said I was weird and I shouted, "At least I'm not a ginger!"
I got so much applause. xD

and I personally find stereotypical JOKES hilarious. Now the serious note (like the jackass philosophy of girls=Kitchen/sandwich) irks me. But if it's an, "Oh kandler bluhbluhbluh a white girl" then I'll laugh.

Another 'taken seriously' stereotype that I hate is all cheerleaders are sluts/attention whores/full of themself. 'Scuse me?
School stereotypes are the stupidest and most groundless...just because I wore black I was devil worshipper? Yea, ok man...
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote