Fashion Assassin

Ok so talked to fev here it is 5 o clock fountains in front of the marriott

Forcebewitya.

Prince of Persia-75%
Nikolai Orelov-10%
Vash The Stampede-Planned
Ezio Auditore Brotherhood-15%

One Tailed Wonders leather work Commissions look for us on Facebook
Legend of Zelda and Assassin's Creed items available contact either of us for details

Forcebewitya is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #17
Dasu

5pm on saturday?

i'm planning on being a templar so ya'll better be on the lookout because i'm comin for ya! i've already started working on the chainmail but i have plenty of work to do! looking forward to it though first time cosplaying
Dasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #18
toyempire

assassin creed

I am going as novice, and bringing along Altair. Saturday at 5pm sounds good to me. Location? Easy access is Marriott skyline 10th floor. Harry Potter will have their photoshoot there starting at 530pm so we could get the jump on them in picking a spot.

Anyone bringing along a photographer?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/toyempi...7629726875382/

Last edited by toyempire : 05-14-2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: pic added
toyempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2012, 01:35 AM   #19
Mr E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasu View Post
5pm on saturday?

i'm planning on being a templar so ya'll better be on the lookout because i'm comin for ya! i've already started working on the chainmail but i have plenty of work to do! looking forward to it though first time cosplaying
Dasu, I think all previous posts were for D*C 2011. 5pm on saturday might work for 2012 but I don't think anyone brought that up yet Should we create a new thread for the 2012 season instead of reusing the 2011 one to avoid confusion? I'm new to cosplay.com so I don't know what the rules are.

I don't know if I can make it this year. If I'm going I plan to bring a templar and/or Crusader outfit.

What are you making your chainmail out of? I'm going with the plastic rings approach. I've been doing it for a while, but I think I'm going to be done soon...

Last edited by Mr E : 05-19-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Mr E is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #20
Dasu

oh.... don't mind me hahah... i was thinking people were jumping the gun on things this year and i didn't even bother to look at the date it was posted... >,>

i'm making my chainmail out of aluminum. i've got the coif really close to being done and i'll get working on the shirt here pretty soon.. how long has yours taken so far?
Unread 05-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #21
Mr E

Quote:
oh.... don't mind me hahah... i was thinking people were jumping the gun on things this year and i didn't even bother to look at the date it was posted... >,>

i'm making my chainmail out of aluminum. i've got the coif really close to being done and i'll get working on the shirt here pretty soon.. how long has yours taken so far?
I've been making my chainmail since Christmas, on and off while watching TV. I wasn't being serious about it, and was experimenting with different methods. My coif is about 80% complete and missing the front part (from face downward), since I haven't figure out how i want to finish it (open face or not). I have prepared all the rings for my shirt, just have to link them together.

I have gotten better at it... so if I want to make the coif again, I can probably do it in about three weeks, working at night while watching tv
Unread 05-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #22
Dasu

hah! that's pretty much what i've been doing.. but since diablo 3 came out last week, i've kinda taken a short hiatus from working on it.

how many rings do you have for your shirt? i bought about 24k and am not sure if that's going to be enough or not. hahah
Unread 05-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #23
Mr E

how big are your rings? I saw that figure (22K-24K) given for a chainmail shirt made out of 1/4 inch rings. I'm using 9mm (inner diameter) rings which I think is a common size for shirts. As a rough estimate, I think it will take around 15K to make a short-sleeve shirt.
Unread 05-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #24
Dasu

mine are 1/4 inch, 16 gauge rings. and from the looks of it.. i really don't know if i'm going to be able to complete it for this year...
Unread 06-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #25
Mr E

Quote:
mine are 1/4 inch, 16 gauge rings. and from the looks of it.. i really don't know if i'm going to be able to complete it for this year...
yikes. unless you have ea lot of spare time, making it yourself isn't worth it. You can probably buy a chainmail shirt for around $100.'

good luck!
Unread 08-01-2012, 12:59 PM   #26
Lauronist

Just wondering if there are any AC get-togethers planned for DragonCon 2012?
Lauronist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 09:31 PM   #27
Mr E

so.. I guess no AC gathering for 2012 then?
Unread 08-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #28
Lauronist

Well, Mr E, I'll be cosplaying AC so I would be down...let me know if anyone else gets back to you on this.
Lauronist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #29
bomagizzle

I'm up for a gathering but won't be available Saturday afternoon since I'll be hunting with the Preds.
bomagizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #30
Mr E

thanks for the response, Lauronist & bomagizzle. Due to the lack of interest in gathering, I wasn't planning to cosplay this year at D*A (since my only cosplay is AC-based). I guess it works out for me, because this is my first year at D*C and it's probably a good idea to look around outside of my costume.

I thought there would be more people responding to this thread (or make a new one). I guess the brotherhood doesn't have a strong presence around Atlanta

I hope you guys have fun!!