Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-26-2004, 09:16 AM   #136
Sephiroth-chan
Miniature Sephiroth Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenJay
I am a self proclaimed bishounen who has dreams of crossplaying (If my dad would stop destroying my work *Grumble, Grumble*)... And here's the best part, my little fangirls(!) I ain't gay!
After you've been attacked by a cluster of the "SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE! *pounce tackle glomp molest*" fangirls...you MIGHT decide to change your mind about saying that.

Though, good luck...and be sure to post pics when you get your first crossplay done!

Unread 11-01-2004, 01:00 AM   #137
Mithos
Martel? Martel!

I'm not gay but I like crossplay. I'd love to do some egl stuff but I don't know where to start. Anyone who wants to help me can pm me
Mithos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2004, 08:52 AM   #138
Shaman Soul
GOOAAL !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delayra
Well, technically, Mana wouldn't be a crossplay
to my moms knowlage it would be XD
Shaman Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2004, 09:13 AM   #139
Anja
crossplay!!

I'm not gay but I like crossplay too ^^

someone has change my signature !!! who ?! why ?! please PM !!! *angry*
Anja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2004, 11:39 AM   #140
ZakuKitty
Don't die, Lloyd.

I'm not gay and neither are some of my other friends who dress up as the opposite sex. Personally I like guy characters better...not to mention that to do j-rock they are exclusively guys in my tastes. Guess most people are still stereotyped to that belief.

ZakuKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2004, 03:33 PM   #141
Moonlit Child
popcorn pumpkin puff

I got my start in cosplay by crossplaying---Because I'm not a big fan of a of the "typical anime babe" look, I figured I'd stick to guy's outfits. They're less revealing and in a way, make it easier to pull off being androgenous, especially if you have a very curvy body and don't want to go into a lot of troble to hide it; but still want to conceal your gender. I can see where the stereotype of the gay/bi crossplayer comes from though, and it's stupid if you ask me. Personally, I've never concidered sexual orientation as a big factor. You do what you do. You are what you are. It's a shame so many people get wrapped up in the stereotype to begin with.
Moonlit Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 07:24 AM   #142
void13

i don think it just lgbtq people that crosplay i just think you kind of cross play is basically drag well bed drag but never then less and gay me are defiantly more willing to express them self-in a more effeminate way ( braver (for obvious reasons))
thats my 2c any way
void13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #143
chrono4281
Chrno

I'm not gay, but I like to crossplay. Being a female is fun. It's more rewardeing to me if I fool people...means I'm doing the costume/character correctly.
I've been called female several times. It's more about admiration for a character. There are many guys I want to cosplay and probably now more girls I want to crossplay as well.
chrono4281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #144
Ren-no-chi
Why yes, I AM insane

I'm gay, and while I rarely crossplay, I've met people from all walks of life who do - gay, straight, transgender, etc. It's a personal choice, not who you're attracted to. Who knows, maybe I'll pull out my Hinata crossplay out again and join their ranks(yeah, I know I sound cheesy).
Unread 11-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #145
Apple Adams
Crossplay Diva!

Honestly, kiddo, crossplay is just one of those many hobbies that attracts all sorts. There are going to be some that are gay (such as myself), but there are also going to be so many others that aren't. My best male friend, for example, does drag with me on several occasions as well as crossplays. Yet he identifies as straight and, not only has a lovely girlfriend, but is with a woman who finds the fact that he feels comfortable enough to embrace any sort of femininity to be a real turn-on. Hell, last year for Fanime, they went as Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash, and they could barely keep their hands off each other! :P

The point is, it's a hobby that attracts all sorts. Yes, some will be gay. Some will be straight, some will be bisexual or pansexual or even asexual. But at the end of the day, sexuality doesn't even factor into it. It's just something people (regardless of orientation) enjoy doing. If you want to femme it up, femme it up! To hell with your friends' narrow-minded opinions.

~In Progress~
Erica Anderson - Catherine
Isabella - Paradise Kiss

My Tumblr
My deviantART
My Facebook
Apple Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #146
Li_Syaoran
Lone Wolf

I just started cross playing
CureCos:http://en.curecos.com/profile/?ch=331883
Cos Group Page:https://www.facebook.com/LonewolfCosplay

Current Anime Con list
Sakura con 2013
Male Black Rock Shooter
Sword Art Online Gun-master/Swordsman Kirito
Male Suit Saber from Fate Prototype
Imitation Black Kagamine Len
Li_Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #147
ImNewHere
The new guy.

I crossplay and I don't have a gay bone in my body. In fact, me crossplaying is the only way to get a girl to look at me twice! Besides, it's fun. Yeah, I am straight (and unfortunately single) and I crossplay.

I also hit more conventions than most people do, so if you see me say hi. Chances are I'll be selling DVDs in the dealer room.
ImNewHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 06:45 AM   #148
peacelovepandas

This is from a female point of view; I crossplay, my best friend crossplays all the time (she actually refuses to do a female cosplay because she feels she can pull off guys better), and my ex-boyfriend crossplays and none of us have a gay-or lesbian- bone in our body.

Personally, I think cosplayers in general get a bad rep. Everyone seems to think we bend the other way; we can be straight if we want to though.
peacelovepandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #149
Eau de Decus
Her Second Self

Holy thread resurrection. You need to dust the dirt and cobwebs off this one.
Eau de Decus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #150
ImNewHere
The new guy.

I did not notice the start date. I just looked at a few replies before mine.

It was some pretty epic necroposting though.

I also hit more conventions than most people do, so if you see me say hi. Chances are I'll be selling DVDs in the dealer room.
ImNewHere is offline   Reply With Quote