Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-30-2003, 01:17 PM   #31
BIOJECT
Long Pointy Elf Ears! Mmm

Yeah but when girls crossplay it doesn't create the same affect as when a guy crossplays. When males like myself see a girl dressed up as Tidus, we go aww cute. When a guy dresses up as Yuna the guys go... eww sick and the girls go aww cute.

Unread 11-30-2003, 03:37 PM   #32
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hime no Toki
I've always wanted to be Kurama, my favorite male character from Yu Yu Hakusho. Was being female going to hold me back?
*temporary thread hijack* OMG! HIME!! That would rock, because I crossplay regularly as Hiei and I'm aaaaalways looking for Kurama cosplayers to hang and pose with. I encourage you to do it! Do it!

Ahem. Anyway. Back to the subject.

BIOJECT, guys crossplaying as Yuna and crossplaying Deedlit are very different things. BUT, think about it for a second. If you're crossplaying and the girls are going "aww cute!", then what the heck does it matter what the guys think?? You're getting GIRLS, man! Crossplay gets you chicks, I think that's a perfectly good reason to tell your friends to lay off. Even if it's just a lot of girl fans who want to talk about the costume...that's a start.

But if you're still hesitating and all the evidence and encouragement we've given you isn't helping, then it probably goes deeper than your friends' opinions. Decide for yourself what you really want to do. If you REALLY want this Deedlit costume, and you want to do it right, do it for yourself. Don't do it for any other reason than for how this costume makes you feel, how much fun you want to have with it. Stage fright is only natural, for a first-time crossplayer. But if you're scared or concerned beyond just that natural nervousness, then you have to evaluate what's more important to you, what's going to make you happier: being in the costume or not being in the costume.

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2003, 04:11 PM   #33
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

Yep, I'm definately going to do Kurama! ^_^ I have the perfect wig for it, plus I already bought the kung foo shoes and have the white top, so I need to do the pants and then do the hardest part...the yellow and blue cheongsam-type thingy (wishes I knew what it was called, but he sure does wear a lot of those...o.O). I might even go so far as to make a rose-whip!

Once again...back to the topic at hand *^^* ....

Well, you may have a bit of a point there Bioject. Girls who crossplay aren't really judged anywhere near as much as the guys who crossplay, but that's just how society is...it sucks. x_x You have to look past all of that, and as I said before, do what makes YOU feel happy. You are really the only person you have to deal with in your life, so when people say mean things, you should block it from your mind and let it go in one ear and out the other. People suck sometimes, it's a part of life we all have to realize. But there are also lots of people out there who don't criticize people for being different and having the guts to do something society would normally not accept. And crossplay is harmless! It hurts no one. All it is is dressing up as a character you like and having fun. It's not about being gay, wanting to wear clothing of the opposite sex, wanting to be the center of attention, etc. I know I hate it when people judge me before they even know me, so I never do that to anyone. Appearances don't mean a thing, it's how the person acts and treats others that counts. So, all in all, crossplay is a harmless activity and not one that people should go about being critics on. Nuff said. ^^

*~Hime no Toki~*
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2003, 06:37 PM   #34
RHIshida
lol internet

I hate it when people make general statements based solely upon a stereotype. What does your sexual preference matter? It does not. Our culture has been blinded so much by zealots to believe that a man has to prove something by having sex with a woman. I think men everywhere should be ashamed of themselves for calling transsexuals, transvestites, bisexuals and anybody else not percieved as 'normal' to be gay. Being Transsexual or Transgendered does not immediately make you gay, nor does wearing women's clothing. In my opinion, I believe that Transsexuals cannot be gay, solely for the fact that they are mentally the opposite gender.

Getting back to the subject, calling people gay just because they are not like you is a horrible thing to do, and your friends are probably blinded by society's "Right-and-Wrong" system. At any rate, I am not gay, in fact, the best thing that could describe me would be a tomboyish lesbian :P
Unread 11-30-2003, 11:09 PM   #35
Ookami

meep! *first ever post*

Anyway, I haven't crossplayed yet, I haven't even cosplayed yet! *cries uncontrollibly* But I would love to sometime soon. I've worn girls clothes before, even a playboy bunny kinda thing! *blushes*

And I want to be a girl (Well, most of the time anyway) but I mainly ~like~ girls. But there is this one boy that I kinda like (he is on some other forums) But he is really sweet! ^o^

>.<;; Well, I was just wondering...umm...I wouldn't have to "tuck" for wearing a Sailor Moon style costume...Would I?...there is this Sailor Chibi Moon one that I have been obsessing about lately, and I really need to get it! It is really cute! ^-^

Anyway, back to the main subject, calling someone "gay" is...well...If they are using it as an insult, then they are homophobic, and it really angers me when people are homophobic/rasist/sexist/ageist and anything like that! Umm...forgive me if I am talking about something totally different, I haven't been...uhh....my usual self lately! (For one, I have been vomiting blood a lot...I hardly eat at all...I hardly drink at all...I hardly sleep at all...Am I human? o.o;; )

Ok, as I was saying, this might not be what you where talking about exactly so...err....I think I should just shut up now! *hides his face* ;_;

*reads over all of the stuff that he just wrote* Ummm...I hope that it's not too off topic! *sniffles*
Ookami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2003, 03:49 AM   #36
BIOJECT

Okay you enjoy wearing girls clothing and you like this one boy. Hmm...

This will be my first cosplay in general. Most of my friends think I'm starting out kind of big but I figure what the heck! It doesn't matter and getting over the embarrassment will be awesome!

Um also you should go to the docter and get that "vomiting blood" thing checked out. That's VERY scary. :S
Unread 12-01-2003, 04:04 AM   #37
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIOJECT
When a guy dresses up as Yuna the guys go... eww sick and the girls go aww cute.
Yeah, us girls go "Awwwwww cute!" and "Is he taken? I hope not!!" ~___^

I once saw a REALLY cute guy crossplaying Sakura from Sakura Taisen, and if *I* were single, I'd probably have tried REAL HARD to make his acquaintance. ~___^

(...So why would you care what other GUYS think? )
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2003, 04:27 AM   #38
BIOJECT

The topics changed too...

Aaagh I need a blond wig and their so expensive and their not long enough either!

http://www.wigs.com/templates/fbargain.html

That's the best wig I could find.
Unread 12-01-2003, 06:12 AM   #39
Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIOJECT
Okay you enjoy wearing girls clothing and you like this one boy. Hmm...

This will be my first cosplay in general. Most of my friends think I'm starting out kind of big but I figure what the heck! It doesn't matter and getting over the embarrassment will be awesome!

Um also you should go to the docter and get that "vomiting blood" thing checked out. That's VERY scary. :S
;_; Everyone is telling me to go to the doctor, but I don't want to! *cries*

And about that one boy, I can't help liking him, he is so nice! ^o^

And about the girls clothes...I don't know why I like wearing them...maybe because they're cute and pretty? Maybe because we all want what we can't have...
Ookami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2003, 03:25 PM   #40
Merle-kun
What TIME is it!?!?

Try this one, but you'll have to cut bangs into it:

http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_enchantment.html

The same page tells you how to cut the bangs!

http://www.amphigory.com/wig_how_to_cut_bangs.html

If Deedlit's hair isn't quite that long (I can't remember) then this one should work fine, and it already has bangs:

http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_heroine.html

Follow me on Facebook or at KimberlyBalduf.com!
Merle-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2003, 04:01 PM   #41
BIOJECT

This picture was drawn by the creator of the series. Check out how long her hair is.

http://www.animeshrine.com/gallery.p...sswar&image=15

I think the enchantment wig will work perfectly.
Unread 12-09-2003, 07:39 PM   #42
dustbunny
Thats no ordinary rabbit.

I don't know one gay crossplayer...well not a guy at least

Mad Moxxi [Borderlands]

Facebook page~
http://www.facebook.com/DBCosplay

......../) /)............
........( . .).............
........c(")(")...........
dustbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2003, 11:15 PM   #43
SARtheMastr

Talking My Two Cents

Personally, if anyone calls me a fagat or anything like that, I just inquire on the fact as to, if I'm a fagat, why are they the one's always talking about other guys...I've never had anyone make a comeback to that...

Fred is a terrible name for a hospital.

Shut up with your "logic" and your "making sense." You stupid make-senser. This is a religious discussion, we don't like your kind round here.
SARtheMastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2003, 09:49 AM   #44
FalconW

Wow...you guys are way cool. I agree with everything you say. Just because a guy dresses as a girl character he likes, he's not gay. I'm working to get my costume of JC, a girl, from Danger Girl made for Ai-Kon next year.

I'm straight but have a really good feminie side. I've grown up around crossplay. Every year at high school during Spirit Week, there was always an Opposite Sex Day where the boys dressed as girls and girls dressed as boys. The students, teachers and parents had no problems with it cause it was all about fun and learning about the opposite sex.

Hey BIOJECT, I know how you feel about your friends. I'm having a similar problem. I want to go to San Diego ComicCon as JC and my friends online are saying stuff like "People get lynched and killed for stuff like that in this country". It's like they're still living in the 60s and 70s. They also say that I will be very mistreated for doing it. I heard that crossplayers that went to ComicCon had no problems at all, though I can't say that for all who went.

Last edited by FalconW : 12-10-2003 at 09:54 AM.
FalconW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2003, 10:39 AM   #45
Omi
Dream. Drop. Distance.

Im not gay and i crossplay. who cares what other people think its what you want to do!