Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-10-2004, 02:10 AM   #61
EvaFriedel

Quote:
Originally Posted by A DDR LeGend
hey bioject
and btw, if you look cute enough, the chicks dig it. At least that's what motivates me
o.O Whoah. That was you up on stage at Otakon. Neat! ...yeah. Um. If you look cute enough they do dig it. In fact, I had friends in the audience who wanted to glomp you en masse.

...so yeah. Crossplay definately gets you girls.
EvaFriedel is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-13-2004, 07:14 AM   #62
Chun Li
Shes Got a New Microphone

Lol. I plan of going to Otakon As Lina Inverse. My firends have no problem with it. Huzzha for Chicks with armor and capes! anyway, if your "friends" dont wanna hang out with you at a con, thats there problem. what con is this agian?

Dragoncon 06
Angel Dumott Shunard
Today 4 U
Chun Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2004, 09:18 PM   #63
Decibella
Sadistic Vanity

I'm not gay... but my girlfriend is. haha. i met her while i was all dolled up and she was crossplaying too. infact, my dressing up "like a girl" was what attracted her to me in the first place. that does not make either of us queer, just way more interesting! lol we both just have too much style for just one gender. So where are all these gay crossplayers? I've never met one either. The overwhelming majority of both crossdressers and crossplayers is more or less straight, a little bent maybe, heheh. And most of the girls i know LOVE pretty boys, especially pretty boys in dresses and skirts! i know tons of them who go to cons just to meet grrly bois like us, or try to, fighting thu the adoring crowds of fan girls...and if you are approached by boys you will be flattered more often than not too. But I really must concur with the notion that crossplaying will most definately help you meet some lovely real girls too . you'll likely be blinded by all the flash photography aimed your way. i have had nothing but positive experiences in this community, cosplayers are generally very accepting and supportive. Crossplayers SHOULD be too. straight? gay? who gives a flying f*ck?

Bioject - i bet you can find some better friends off the boards to go play dress up with...
don't dream it...be it! - Frank N Furter

Last edited by Decibella : 01-13-2004 at 09:35 PM.
Decibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2004, 01:56 PM   #64
Nine
The busty one!

Well, it looks like I'm one of the only gay male here who crossplays. lol Not that I'm supporting the stereotype or whatever, but whenever someone asks me about my sexual orientation when I crossplay, and when I give them the answer, they just assume because I'm a gay male crossplayer, every other male crossplayer is. I'm not going to lie about myself to help stamp out a stereotype that won't go away.

A lot of people don't believe me when I tell them I don't crossplay because I'm gay, which is ok because if they don't want to believe me that's their problem. I don't crossplay because I'm gay, I crossplay because I like female characters more than male characters. It's just as simple as that. I'm happy being male, and definately wouldn't want to change my gender for any reason whatsoever.

Cosplaying is to be someone who you aren't. Dressing up in costumes is my hobby, not my lifestyle. I actually find it very uncomfortable to be wearing women costumes and clothing. I usually can't wear a female costume for a long period of time because of that.

If anyone thinks your gay because you crossplay, just ignore it. You know your sexual orientation right? Well, then what does it matter? Tell your friends who don't want to hang out with you when you crossplay that if they were real friends, they wouldn't think your gay and they wouldn't make a big deal out of your hobby.

Last edited by Nine : 01-17-2004 at 02:20 PM.
Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2004, 10:29 AM   #65
gaugaumrthou

I'm straight and I crossplay fairly often. So shutup. We arn't "all gay".
gaugaumrthou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2004, 08:50 PM   #66
mukino_kuneka

I think that it's a common stereotype to associate crossplaying with crossdressing, which in itself is associated with homosexuality.

True, it does take guts to crossplay. Especially when it's in a tight costume (oi).

In my opinion, people who think that only homosexuals crossplay are homophobics. I plan to crossplay this year (as Sesshoumaru-sama), and I'm not homosexual.
mukino_kuneka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2004, 08:50 AM   #67
Arrow
.sharp and pointy.

Stereotypes really are an absolute shame. And while some of them seem worse than others (when they're all really equally bad), we all still use them in one way or another anyway. le sigh. But go for the crossplay, Deedlit looks like an awesome character (I lovies elves).

If you haven't solved the lipstick problem, try a nude color. Something light and Earthy. Elves are ethereal creatures with a deep respect for the land, right? And, anyway, you'll lighten up your own lip color (if you get a sheer nude color) and get a mixture of the natural reddish pink, and skin tone.

Hope this helped some. Don't let what your friends say bother you. They might be saying this initially to get you not to do it in the first place. They may yet stick with you when at the con (or wherever it is you might be going) ... if not, then good riddance to them. The people on these boards are insanely friendly. You'll have a new support group in no time!
Unread 04-29-2004, 06:37 PM   #68
chibiclaudia

XD Best quote EVER! I'd use that, but as a (bisexual) female cos/crossplayer I never even get questioned... *sigh* ^_~ I <3 my cos/crossplaying boyfriend, BTW ^_^
chibiclaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2004, 01:58 PM   #69
Drackt
Loves guyliner. Too much.

Straight....but I think I like the guy characters more because sometimes the female versions aren't...good.

I'm also a Takarazuka fan, BTW. Prolly because the male roles are more interesting most of the time...

Completed cosplays (from last fall to now)-
Rumpelstiltskin-Red/Black outfit...always in progress (Once Upon A Time)
Rumpelstiltskin-Alchemist outfit (Once Upon A Time)
Rapunzel

In Progress-
Cinderella
Vampire Girl (Original)

Planned-
Too much, but I've had to put it on hold due to reasons beyond my control. However, I'm attempting to recreate Leezar's wardrobe from "Your Highness"...one down, four to go.
Drackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2004, 06:32 PM   #70
Chino-San
Pwetty Pwetty Crossplayer

LoL I crossplay and I am as straight as it can get lol ^_~
Unread 05-09-2004, 09:54 PM   #71
oOX_Jun_XOo
GAH!!! WTF?!

I crossplay and I have a girlfriend. I'm a bit bi...I guess...but so is she so it's all good. Oh and for the people who don't check profiles...I'm a man baby!

Dot Dot Dot
oOX_Jun_XOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2004, 06:45 AM   #72
Miyavi
KIN KON KAN

Hey I'm a tomboy will I like boys and girls too but thats not the point.

REAl MAN WEARS DRESSES
Unread 05-10-2004, 07:18 AM   #73
Chosuke
Le Chevalier

None of the crossplayers I know are gay.
At the most, Bi or Bi-curious.
And NONE of them do it for any sexual reasons.
Crossplaying is the same as cosplay in the sense you are just expressing love for a character.I cosplay males because I tend to enjoy the designs more,and I like dressing as something I am attracted to.
I guess you would call it cross-play, but its all just cosplay to me.

Cho's Wig Commissions - Click here for information, examples and a free quote!
Chosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2004, 08:24 AM   #74
Lostboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chobrat
I like dressing as something I am attracted to.
I like dressing as something I'm attracted to, as well. ^_^ But it's also just nice to be a girl for a while. Guys don't get to feel pretty very often. Maybe sexy or studly or hot, but not pretty. It's a very different feeling, and one that most guys never get to enjoy.
Lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2004, 01:30 PM   #75
Bobbi
I poke spoons with baders

I realized that a girls who crossplay don't get quite as much as the "you're gay" as guys do. I think it's because it's become more socially acceptable for a girl to dress like a guy.

My ex boyfriend crossplayed and he was very Christian and very straight (though also on the homophobic side too). He had the best time crossplaying, even though his parents freaked out and weren't too happy with me making him a girl character's costume.

My current boyfriend crossplays and a lot of people are freaked out by him or think he's gay. (Though I know, obviously, that he's not ^^)

I think the major reasons why guys crossplay is because girl's costumes are more elaborate, challenging, cuter, and more fun to wear than the typical male costume. It's either a schoolboy or something that's done very very often. So I totally understand why guys crossplay. I think it's awesome.

I personally don't know if I could pull off a good crossplay... unless it was a little boy, but I think binding would KILL me. I hate my boobs. =P