Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-01-2004, 10:40 AM   #106
Lostboy

Thanks! ^_^
Lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-01-2004, 12:58 PM   #107
Jen-neko
Lord Cynic Almighty

Ginger -- Sounds like me! =^^= Except for the "huge" boobs part :P BUt yea, I said the exact same thing to my boyfriend and he just kinda looked at me funny and said, "Okay....so I'm dating a gay man..?" =^^=;;
Jen-neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2004, 01:18 PM   #108
JosephCain
Lupin the 4th

This is the reasdon it's a bad idea to hunt for a date at a Con. You may meet a fellow anime lover, but it does get kinda hard to drag out the men from the women and vice versa... unless you're bi. Then it's all good.
JosephCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2004, 02:33 PM   #109
Squall_009
Top Dog

im strait..as a line...and I cross play..^_^....my guy friends walk...and my friends who are girls walk with me at cons...yours sound like jerks...why not walk around with you...you seem cool..dude...plus im a girl....heck I like cross dressing...good luck dude.
Squall_009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2004, 08:23 PM   #110
Sephiroth-chan
Miniature Sephiroth Clone

*blinks...and stares at Lostboy* It's YOU!!! *runs and glomps.* And if you remember this from a few years back..then you're the person I think you are!!! Except I was one of the runs RUNNING from the glomping fangirls.

Anyhow...back on topic. I try not to descriminate. My ex-fiancee was five times the woman I'll ever be, so I can handle anything around the fence, I think, and with FAR less guilt instigation. And thusly, thanks to him...I've decided that just about anyone that finds me vaguely attractive...(Except fanboy stereotypes and the generally creepy sorts), and doesn't call me by the nasty 4 letter c word. (c*te) is fair game.
Unread 07-21-2004, 05:17 AM   #111
animeBecky21
Goofy girly user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth-chan
(snip)
And thusly, thanks to him...I've decided that just about anyone that finds me vaguely attractive...(Except fanboy stereotypes and the generally creepy sorts), and doesn't call me by the nasty 4 letter c word. (c*te) is fair game.
Odd, that's just about where I am at.. difference being that as long as I see something attractive myself, and they have an interest in me, I'll go there. I usually joke around that yeah, 'I'm bi... if I want sex, I have to go out and buy it' but that's all. I say that a lot, probably already said it here and can't remember it. I have this problem of being sick of being single, but that's horrendously off-topic. I have a short term memory problem too, did I mention I'm single?

There are plenty of gay men who've never thought of putting on a dress; some, like one friend's fiancee, had to be talked into it for a pride event. But he pulled it off, you wouldn't have looked twice at him in the mall or someplace. I think you get more doing it though for a joke or for the attention it creates when they do it than for any special reason - it's not a serious thing. Which is the difference - you have drag which exaggerates and to some extent parodies women (IE it's not serious), and impersenation which more replicates and honors women (IE it's a lot more serious). The Drag is more outlandish, more out there and ends up the stereotype most people identify with. The more common and less obvious (and the most serious presentation, usually), transgender, people don't know a thing about because you rarely hear about it, see it less often, and as a result you have to actually go looking to learn about it.

Women are a different story... there are lesbians who more or less dress as men all the time, but it's a lot more acceptable for them (which is a whole other thread). It's not really about drag, impersonation, or transgender for them - just about being comfortable.
animeBecky21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2004, 03:05 AM   #112
vash_humanoid

Iim not gay; I crossplay. 'nuff said
Unread 09-05-2004, 12:53 PM   #113
Satsujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukino_kuneka
In my opinion, people who think that only homosexuals crossplay are homophobics. I plan to crossplay this year (as Sesshoumaru-sama), and I'm not homosexual.
Sesshoumaru is awsome!

Why do so many people associate crossplaying with homosexuality?
Satsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2004, 01:19 PM   #114
HackerEd

My friend wants to do Kurapica and I KNOW she's not gay^^ She just really likes Hunter X Hunter
Advent Cirno

Possible:
Kuchiha - Amatsuki
Hatsune Miku - "Hold, Release"
HackerEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2004, 05:33 PM   #115
RainbowSheltie

I'm not gay, but I'm going to Crossplay as Riku (KH II). Hm... I'm not a guy, but I'm not a lesbian, either. I just think Riku's the coolest!!

Sakura-chan
RainbowSheltie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2004, 07:46 PM   #116
Konrad-Chan
Sung the Pokemon Song

I'm not gay!

Then again...oh wait...I don't really crossplay.
Unread 09-29-2004, 08:49 PM   #117
Nightfire
Stealthy Assassin

Boy, do I think I have a slightly odd situation. I'm not gay, I'm straight mind you, but everyone that meets me usually end up thinking that when they get to know me a bit better, until I correct them, simply because of the fact that I don't have much interest in girls right now, despite being almost 17. Anyway, I'm gonna crossplay Yuna from FFX, and I could really care less what people think, with the exception of my family because, y'know, I gotta live with em and everything for now =/. I just like her character. She seems to be a lot like me in many respects, but I think I'm getting slightly off topic. The point is, just because you crossplay doesn't make you gay, or weird, or anything else like that. I'm doing Yuna because I see a lot of myself in her character, others may have the same reason, they just might like the outfit, I dunno. But whatever the reason, crossplayers being gay is just not true. It's just a bad stereotype that has gotten out of hand.
Cousin: "Yea."
Me: "I'm doing her outfit for Halloween."
Cousin: "WHAT!?!"
Me:

*My Con Schedule for 2005*
ColossalCon '05 - Independence, OH (Lumiere, Squall Leonhart, Songstress Lenne)
Nightfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2004, 08:03 AM   #118
Karisu-sama
Cosplay.Mom: "Play nice!"
Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfire
The point is, just because you crossplay doesn't make you gay, or weird, or anything else like that. I'm doing Yuna because I see a lot of myself in her character, others may have the same reason, they just might like the outfit, I dunno. But whatever the reason, crossplayers being gay is just not true. It's just a bad stereotype that has gotten out of hand.
Word. I cosplay Dilandau because I see a lot of myself in his character. (And yes, I'm talking about the pre-end-of-series version of him.) It has everything to do with his personality and experiences, and not with sexual orientation.
Karisu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2004, 01:26 AM   #119
Lengis
Golion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisu-sama
Yeah, us girls go "Awwwwww cute!" and "Is he taken? I hope not!!" ~___^

I once saw a REALLY cute guy crossplaying Sakura from Sakura Taisen, and if *I* were single, I'd probably have tried REAL HARD to make his acquaintance. ~___^

(...So why would you care what other GUYS think? )

hmm, so guys gotta wear a dress to pick up chicks these days? So much for that little thing called..... dignity! Unlike THOSE losers, I still have mine!

/me goes back to watching A Walk to Remember
Lengis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2004, 01:46 AM   #120
Yunalesca
New spin on necrophilia

Makes no sense. Most transvestites are straight.
"Like what?" Cid asked. "Like I feel I'm going to lost a sanity contest with a transvestite who has an oedipus complex for an estraerrestrial? Like I just had sex with a praying mantis and I'm wondering why I' haven't been eaten? It's just one of those days and I haven't had a ciggerette all day.'
I think I just lost my fucking marbles," Cid said. " And you're playing with them."
Yunalesca is offline   Reply With Quote