Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-03-2004, 06:59 AM   #121
Delayra
Storycraftrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lengis
hmm, so guys gotta wear a dress to pick up chicks these days? So much for that little thing called..... dignity! Unlike THOSE losers, I still have mine!
Dignity . . . hoards of cute girls fawning over you . . . hrm. Does that equation balance out?

--Delayra
Delayra is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-03-2004, 09:58 AM   #122
wulfmune
hyper repair!

Quote:
hmm, so guys gotta wear a dress to pick up chicks these days? So much for that little thing called..... dignity! Unlike THOSE losers, I still have mine!
because dressing in women's clothing is so degrading? >_>;

dude, i have alot of respect for people who dress however they please without letting people with attitudes like yours spoil their fun.
wulfmune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2004, 11:17 AM   #123
Konrad-Chan
Sung the Pokemon Song

Quote:
Dignity . . . hoards of cute girls fawning over you . . . hrm. Does that equation balance out?
Yeah, crossplaying's fun.

And I think Lengis was kidding, since he put "goes back to watching A Walk to Remember" at the bottom of his post.
Unread 10-03-2004, 11:41 AM   #124
MemoriesofYuna
The Lonely Princess

im a straight female and i think crossplay is totally awsum and hillarious. i cant call myself a true crossplayer but i know that im going to steal my friends Tidus costume and force him into my Yuna costume at LEAST once every few months ^^ that would make a GREAT photo shoot eh? there are some great male crossplayers though who arent gay or i don't think are gay. like Cardcaptor will.... LOVE HIM. and in his words "girls just wanna have fun" but then again im 14 so i wouldn't nko much. ^^ -Aseret yuna er... tidus.
Unread 10-03-2004, 12:49 PM   #125
wulfmune
hyper repair!

Quote:
And I think Lengis was kidding, since he put "goes back to watching A Walk to Remember" at the bottom of his post.
my bad. i didn't catch that. i haven't seen that movie and sarcasm/joking was lost on me when i didn't understand the context.
Unread 10-06-2004, 05:08 PM   #126
Ginger Catgirl

Speaking from a 'cute chick's perspective, I like guys who crossplay... I think it's not so much dignity as is... oh what's the word... the thing that means you like DAMN I can't think of it. Like, guys who crossplay aren't restricted by gender they just have confidence in whoever they are, comfortable with themselves, right, BRAVERY a ha ha ha that's the word. It takes balls to dress like a girl, and I for one admire them for that.

And from a female crossplayer's perspective.... boy are the guy's costumes more comfortable! HEEEEEEEEEEEE

and in some characters, you can still be cute and glomp-y!
Ginger Catgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2004, 05:22 PM   #127
Tentacle_Guy
The Guy With Tentacles

I think you're looking for the work coinfidence

Disclaimer: Management not responsible for any injuries, loss of life, fiduciary burden, loss of virginity, loss of sanity, lack of morals, or gross changes in appearance.
------------------------------------------
Tempted by thoughts of tickling tentacles ?
Visit the beautiful downtown Naughty Tentacle Cosplay Gallery

In progress: Ultros (0%)
Tentacle_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2004, 11:17 AM   #128
KittenJay
The last Ninja Kitten

I am a self proclaimed bishounen who has dreams of crossplaying (If my dad would stop destroying my work *Grumble, Grumble*)... And here's the best part, my little fangirls(!) I ain't gay!
KittenJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2004, 02:08 PM   #129
Nezrain

Well, I don't know if it's any help, but I'm a crossplaing girl, and I'm not lesbian.
Nezrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2004, 02:51 PM   #130
ACXchan
I sink you now!

Just because you crossplay doesn't make you gay but neither should people act as if being called gay is something awful or insulting. I'm bisexual so most people pin me incorrectly either way (black and white world, what a shame) but it's not a big deal to me if someone thinks I'm gay or straight, they'd be half-right XD I find most people who automatically draw a correlation between someone's costume and their sexual orientation has already missed the point of my cosplay, ie. love for the character.
ACXchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2004, 03:22 AM   #131
Nezrain

Actually, I have to agree with the above. A lot of my friends are homosexual/bisexual, and I hate it when people speak badly of them purely because of their sexual orientation.
Nezrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2004, 09:07 AM   #132
Apsara
all around bum..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostboy
There are many lesbians who enjoy feminine clothing and behavior. No one assumes that if a lesbian puts on a dress then she must want sex with men. The same logic applies to men. A lot of men enjoy feminine clothing and behavior, too. If a guy puts on a dress, it doesn't mean he wants sex with men. It means he wants to put on a dress.
*grins at the above very true very good post* 'nuf said.

Apsara

Seeking Cosplayer Post: Adekan and Five Star Stories for Aki-con on Oct. 7th - 9th, 2011
Apsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2004, 09:23 AM   #133
Shaman Soul
GOOAAL !!!

ok, i agree with gren 100%
im so confused over that whole issue if a gay man likes men.... why would he be attracted to a man who looks like a girl ? there obviously not attracted to females if there gay, so why would a man dress as a girl to get a gay mans attention. i hate those people who think that guys who wear girls clothes are gay. im not gay, and i enjoy wearing fishnet pantyhose and alot of other womens things, people shouldnt judge people like that.and those same people will talk to other people about your sexuality before they act civilized and ask you themselves. next time i hear someone asking someone else if im gay, im propable gonna kick some ass. come to me ya know ?
but i agree that ther is many crossplayers on this website who arent gay. im not gay, and if i my mom would let me be me for once and let me crossplay id be out there in my mana costume in a heartbeat. doesnt mean im gay, oh well mabye its just me.
Shaman Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2004, 10:36 AM   #134
Delayra
Storycraftrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaman Soul
let me be me for once and let me crossplay id be out there in my mana costume in a heartbeat
Well, technically, Mana wouldn't be a crossplay

--Delayra
Delayra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2004, 12:45 PM   #135
wulfmune
hyper repair!

after thought: why do people write things like " no offense please" and then word things in offensive manners? it would have been much more polite to word this topic something like " is it my imagination or does crossplaying have to do with sexual orientation?". no offense please is a lame way to word things. if someone really doesn't want to offend people..take 5 extra minutes to try and say it in a less offensive way then "why does it seem like only gays crossplay" :/ im sure there's alot more ways of opening the discussion then making accusations.