Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #106
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
A bit outdated but I finally watched the Hulk, so now I am fully prepped for The Avengers. This is something I am rather excited about.
Eric Bana Hulk or Edward Norton Hulk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #107
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Eric Bana Hulk or Edward Norton Hulk?
Edward Norton. I figured I'd just watch the most recent one to get caught up pre-avengers. I have heard online rumblings as to which one is better, so I might watch the 2003 version soon to compare for myself.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 11:12 AM   #108
HidingintheMist
A lion still has claws

Quote:
A bit outdated but I finally watched the Hulk, so now I am fully prepped for The Avengers. This is something I am rather excited about.
Looking forward to The Avengers.
HidingintheMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #109
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Quote:
Edward Norton. I figured I'd just watch the most recent one to get caught up pre-avengers. I have heard online rumblings as to which one is better, so I might watch the 2003 version soon to compare for myself.
I want to gage people's opinions here.

Who else thinks that Edward Norton should have stayed the Hulk rather than Mark Ruffalo?

There was no reason to change him as far as I'm concerned.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 03:33 PM   #110
Lt.Finn
Cupcake Lord

Quote:

Who else thinks that Edward Norton should have stayed the Hulk rather than Mark Ruffalo?

Me. Why confuse people further? I'm trying reserve judgement of him until I actually see it, but it's getting difficult.
Lt.Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 03:40 PM   #111
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:

Hollywood politics: gotta love 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #112
Overbeck
Grabbin' Pills

I watched Transformers: Dark of the Moon. It had more action than movie #2, but went long at over 2 hrs. It was an ok movie, I'd give it 3.5/5.
Overbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #113
Infection
On Spam-Watch.

Super - 9/10 ( 4.5/5 )

Very underrated title; you've probably never heard of this movie because its done by an Indie Director and it came out around the same time as "Kick-Ass", which Super draws some similarities to. DRASTICALLY different though; I LOVED Kick-Ass, but it really lacked the depth that Super brought to the table. In Kick-ass, you're sitting there enjoying how much these heroes (and Hit Girl) kick bad guy butt but its all focused on the action, not the characters or moral story. Super is a more realistic take on, "Well, if I'm a nobody who wants to fight crime in a costume, what would happen in REALITY?" The message in Super is quite possibly one of the most powerful messages I've seen in ANY movie...its just a shame this movie is so overlooked.

Any fan of the superhero genre should put this movie as a MUST SEE, but be prepared...you're not going to be getting what you probably expect out of this movie.

Last edited by Infection : 11-23-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Infection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 05:08 AM   #114
AmoreMiAmor

American History X. Pretty amazing movie.
AmoreMiAmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 06:13 AM   #115
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

Incoming controversial comment...

I watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1) for the first time yesterday. Yes, yes I am rather behind the times, but allow me to explain...

I have always been a HUGE fan of the books, absolutely loved all of them and I was queuing up at midnight with the créme of the nerds when the final book came out, so one cannot accuse me of disliking the Potter franchise. However...

The films are bad. Just bad. There is no way around this fact. And it is simply because of the child acting. Specifically, Harry.

Daniel Radcliffe is so ball-achingly crap at conveying any kind of emotion that every single scene leaves me feeling, at best detached and uninterested or, at worst, seriously rooting for Voldemort.

This was understandable and barely excusable with the early films. I mean, they were just kids right? But they are full on adults now, and although you could argue that Emma Watson and Rupert Grint have developed (very basic) acting abilities, Daniel Radcliffe is just a BAD ACTOR.

It is especially painful considering they surround this walking sack of human indifference with incredibly expensive sets, CGI and some of the greatest British actors of all time. But, no matter how good they are, they just cannot distract from the misery that is Radcliffe's acting. Not even Gary Oldman, who is just astoundingly brilliant in everything he has ever been in.

This may seem like a bit of a pointless rant but it just makes me so ANGRY that the 'Harry Potter Movie' franchise is as huge as it is, as popular as it is, as high-budget as it is, but still be so goddamn crap. If it had lived up to my expectations, it would be like, my favourite thing ever.

Man... J.K Rowling should have just let Spielberg do it and bring in Haley Joel Osment. Yeah, he would have set it in an American High School, which would have been pretty lame, but hey, at least that kid can act.

2/5 (saved only by a couple of sweet battle scenes)
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 07:01 AM   #116
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

I thought the film was brilliant, HP7 prt 1 in particular. Part 2 was nearly all action which while still exicting, grimey and at times brutal is never as satisfying with out the build up, that calm before the storm. Which is why I always thought it would work far better as a double feature, and that seperate they become less than the sum of their parts.
I've haven't read beyond the 4th book so I can't comment in terms of accuracy or truthfullness to the series, but I often don't mind when a film differs from the source matterial as they are 2 wholly different mediums of story telling and changes are not only inevitable but necessary and often for the better.

But you are right, Daniel Radcliff still can't act.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 02:10 PM   #117
Avrial

I and sister watched movie Twilight Breaking Dawn movie.What to say:Again admire the suffering of Bella. I do not understand why people say that giving birth was a film rough part. There was no rough( fake news). 3/5
Avrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 07:19 PM   #118
Lithium Flower
Handphones

The Muppet Movie.

I cried during Rainbow Connection.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 01:43 PM   #119
Curucar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
The Muppet Movie.

I cried during Rainbow Connection.
ME TOO. In fact, I *just* got back from that.

Last night I also watched Treasure Planet and Atlantis. Catching up on Disney movies I've never seen...
Unread 11-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #120
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

The Muppets! Saw it on Thanksgiving. Loved it. It is definitely for people that grew up with The Muppets rather than trying to reintroduce them to new fans. So much fun!

Last movie I saw at home was Good Will Hunting. I have no idea why it took me so long to see that film. It was fantastic. But I feel like I could also appreciate it more at my age now, anyway!

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote