Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action) > Doctor Who

Unread 03-14-2011, 11:00 PM   #1
Doktor Lee
Bon Vivant

The Eighth Doctor (Please Help)

Hey there, everyone.
I'm trying to put together an Eighth Doctor costume for this year's Dragon*Con, and things aren't going so easy as I planned. I'm having the MOST difficult time getting the velvet victorian frock coat and the silver double-breasted vest, as they quite hard to find anywhere on the net. I have frequently checked the Eighth Cosplay Archive on livejournal, and it had helped me greatly on finding many of the items necessary for the costume, it is just those two are throwing me for a loop.

I had recently asked a friend to make the coat and the vest, but she frequently suffers from depression and she states doesn't have a lot of cash for the fabric. I hate to stall her, make her feel worthless and not up to par, but I might have to look for someone else to do it for me.

If there are any other Eighth Doctor cosplayers, complete with vest and coat, and those who have an extent of knowledge of cosplaying in the Doctor Who fandom, or can point to a good commissioner, please, I am desperately in dire need of your help.

Completed
Adventure Time - Simon Petrikov
Discworld - Inspector A.E. Pessimal

Retired
Team Fortress 2 - RED Team Medic (Genderbend)
Doctor Who - The Eighth Doctor
Doktor Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
Lucifer

My husband cosplay's the Eighth Doctor, and I found his coat on ebay. Its not 100% accurate, but it works very well. His vest is the re-printed accurate fabric, and was made by a friend as a gift.

My suggestion is going on ebay and looking up velvet frock coats, and simular vests. Keep in mind, in the comics & audios, the Eighth Doctor's color schemes changed a bit so you can play with that.

I don't bite. Ok, that's a lie. I totally bite.
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
Doktor Lee
Bon Vivant

Thanks! I'll be looking around on Ebay and other sites to get an idea.

Perhaps I just need to believe in my friend and be patient as she tries to get everything together for the vest? I hope everything turns out okay in the end.

Completed
Adventure Time - Simon Petrikov
Discworld - Inspector A.E. Pessimal

Retired
Team Fortress 2 - RED Team Medic (Genderbend)
Doctor Who - The Eighth Doctor
Doktor Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2011, 08:37 AM   #4
Aoipeach
The Colour Fruit

the closest i could find on a vest is this http://www.gentlemansemporium.com/store/002404.php?__utma=1.529741194.1304256394.130425639 4.1304256394.1&__utmb=1.3.10.1304256394&__utmc=1&_ _utmx=-&__utmz=1.1304256394.1.1.utmcsr=thefind.com|utmccn =%28referral%29|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/search&__utmv=-&__utmk=139802419
it's off in so many ways though. sorry ><
Mad Moxxi

KosMos (Long Term Cosplay)
Aoipeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
B.O.M.
Bank of Mom

How did your 8th Doctor work out? We're currently working on my 18 yo's. Have everything we need but fabric for the pants.

Kayle (IntoxicatedPeng) - Drocell Keinz (Kuroshitsuji), Yuki Onna (Nurarihyon no Mago), 8th Doctor (Doctor Who), Soul Eater Evans (Soul Eater), Lucy (Fairy Tail) - Also attending Gallifrey One 25
Mara - Lulu (FFX), adult Nel (Bleach), Hagoromo Gitsune (Nurarihyon no Mago) WITH Baby Moogle, Trystan
Me - Mary Poppins, The Woman (Doctor Who, The End of Time), Sibylline Sisterhood (Doctor Who)

Photos
DA
Blog
B.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote