Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Soul Eater

Unread 09-02-2011, 10:07 AM   #1
trustychords
Bountylicious

Hair extensions for Tsubaki query

So I just got back from my local charity shop and managed to stumble across a bunch of long, dark braid pieces at £1 each! I figured I may as well get them incase they can work for Tsubaki and if not, I'll take them back sometime this week.

This is basically what they look like.

Before I jump to any conclusions on them, though, I have some questions that you guys might be able to help me out on.

1. Can they be straightened and/or dyed?

They're a tad wavy and unfortunately are more of a dark brown than jet black. Nowhere on the packet does it explain what exactly the pieces are made from apart from "100% Synthetic Fibre" and "Best Quality Synthetic Braids". I was thinking of trying the hot water method on them; I have a feeling even my proper old, low heat straighters would fry 'em!

2. How can I attatch the two pieces together as subtly as possible?

There is an elastic band threaded into the top of each pieces with a bobby pin clipped through the band; could I just pin the two pieces together to get the desired length, or would it look too obvious? Do I need to weft them instead and if so, how do I do that?

3. Not actually related to the hair pieces but a question concerning the constructing of my costume...
I also saw a black tube scarf in the same shop, probably super cheap again. But I noticed it was glittery...is there anyway I could dye the glitter out of it? Any other suggestions would be grand.

Oh, and hopefully I've posted this in the right section..

Thanx guys

tbc - possible secret duo ♥

Last edited by trustychords : 09-03-2011 at 07:49 AM.
trustychords is offline   Reply With Quote