Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Unread 05-12-2014, 04:58 PM   #1
lelechan

Arda Wigs review

Name of Product: Rufio wig

Where Purchased: Arda Wigs

Product Description: "fauxhawk" wig with black sides and electric blue top

Pros: It fits my boyfriend's large head! The color is very accurate to the image on the website and the hair is super thick and luxurious feeling. It's very spiky right out of the bag but could be spiked up even more if you wanted to--the texture definitely lends itself to even more gravity-defying action.

Cons: On my boyfriend this isn't such a big deal, but there's no real bangs to speak of, so it's more like a lacefront wig. You'll want to make sure it stays secure along the proper part of your hairline with clips or wig tape/glue, especially if it's a little big on your head. Definitely wear a wig cap with it too unless you are shaved or have super short hair.

Overall Rating: I'd give it a 9!

Picture from Arda's website: http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/012...g?v=1391467754

~~~

Name of Product: Magnum wig

Product Description: Magnum in Pure White; short flippy wig

Pros: Incredible thickness on this wig for the length, and it has the perfect amount of flip for the costume I'm doing. The color really is a pure white--there's no yellow tint, if anything it's a cool white rather than a warm white. The thickness means you don't see the wig lace underneath, which can be a problem for thinner white wigs.

Cons: I have a fairly big head and a lot of hair, but when I added one of the two Long Clips to the back of the wig, it started to slip off my head. (I wasn't wearing a wig cap at the time so that may have made an impact.) I fixed the situation by adding three small peach-colored wig clips from my local Sally Beauty Supply to the front edge of the wig. They're sewn right along the front and are perfectly hidden by the thick bangs, and they help to keep everything in place.

Overall Rating: I'll give this one a 9 as well!

~~~

Name of Product: Long Clip Ponytail

Product Description: Long straight clip in Pure White; 40+ inches long

Pros: Super thick! There's more than enough fiber for a luxurious ponytail and the wefts are sewn onto a miniature wig lace that's attached to the claw clip with elastic so it can be easily removed.

Cons: It is quite heavy--one clip started to make my Magnum slip off my head, and I'm planning to use two for my costume. I had to add wig clips to keep everything in place on my head.

Overall Rating: 10 for the clip itself; 7 for the weight.
lelechan is offline   Reply With Quote