Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Unread 05-01-2014, 01:07 PM   #1
AwkwardMarkie

Amphigory.com (wig seller) General Review

I have ordered three different style/brand wigs from Amphigory, and every wig was of excellent quality! The wigs were reasonably priced, thick, not super shiny or fake looking, not easily tangled, and they were true to the pictures advertised on the website. I also found the product descriptions on their website extremely helpful because they tell you if a wig runs a bit on the smaller side or if it can or cannot be easily styled and/or dyed.

Shipping took about a week-and-a-half to two weeks because Amphigory orders from their suppliers only after a customer has made an order with them. Personally, I didnít find the wait to be a bad thing because I was not in a rush, and I ordered all of my wigs far in advance of conventions.

What endeared me even more to Amphigory, however, is their customer service. They were very prompt to answer my questions when I had them, and in one recent instance they went above and beyond the call of duty:

They had a wig on their website that was absolutely perfect for the character I am working on, but it was not advertised in the color I needed and it was in a fiber that was hard to dye. I initially contacted Amphigory with questions regarding possible dyeing options for the wig I wanted, but I also mentioned that I had seen a similar style wig on another website made by the same brand as the one on Amphigoryís website that came in the color I needed.. Amphigory contacted their supplier to see if they could purchase this alternate wig in the color I wanted, but their supplier told them that the color was now discontinued and that they did not have any in the alternate style. BUT, Amphigory asked them about the original wig Iíd wanted (the one perfect for my character) and the supplier happened to have a small amount of that wig in the discontinued color left! I was one super happy cosplayer after this experience.

So, if you donít need your wig within two days, I HIGHLY recommend Amphigory. They actually care about their customers.
AwkwardMarkie is offline   Reply With Quote