Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Super Smash Bros.

Unread 09-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
Sheeoni

Princess Peach Cosplay help (Pregnant) =3

Hello everyone!

I have been trying to come up with a costume for about a month, and a few weeks ago I decided that I'd like to make my own Princess Peach costume. The problem I've been having with deciding on how to do this is the fact that I'm about 5 months pregnant.

The reason I chose her costume is because I think I will be able to adjust the waist line a bit. While I'm not extremely huge (yet), I am gaining girth... and I am not sure how large I will be by the time Halloween comes around lol. Anyone been about 6 months along when wearing a costume? Her "original" costume is the one I'm wanting to make-- "Super Mario" or "Paper Mario style" courtesy of Mariowiki.com :

http://www.mariowiki.com/File:Peachsmb1.png

I think the ballgown style with a modified waist will give me freedom of movement.. more like an Empire waist ball gown. I picked up a simplicity pattern for the Disney Cinderella and Snow White yesterday, and then realized the bodice on these gowns is exactly what I didn't want to do.
Anyways. I guess I am looking for encouragement, or suggestions. I was thinking of going with a stretch Gabardine for the bodice and additionally modifying the skirt so that it was a full circle, and then getting a hoop skirt for underneath to give it more fullness. Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? =) Thanks y'all!
Sheeoni is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #2
TR Rose
Meowing About

I would recommend McCalls 4090 (the Renaissance skirt pattern) for the skirt, because it goes together very fast and is just big triangle pieces that are gathered at the waist. You could probably add an elastic waistband rather than the one the pattern comes with.

I can't help too much with modifying a Peach costume, but I can help with the basic costume. Let me know if there's anything specific I can help with!
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote