Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 09-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
Nanashix

Thumbs down Review: Nearlover

This is not a review for a commission, rather a review from a seller to a buyer from the marketplace. I'm just throwing this out there so no one will get into the mess I did with this person. I've never had problems with past experience of trading items with people, but apparently I can no longer do that unless those people actually have reviews for their account.

Based on personal experience, I do not recommend doing business with this person. I made an agreement with them a month ago to trade items I had up for sale in my marketplace for an item of equal value from them. They stated the date as to which they would mail out their item and I mailed my items. A couple weeks later I PM'd them asking if they had received my package and asked if they had shipped out on their end since I should have received it by then. They said they received my item and had not shipped out on their end yet. So, I waited a couple weeks and asked again. They supposedly claimed they did mail out and apologized for the delay. I waited 2 weeks again and this time messaged them because I know for a fact that they hadn't shipped out. I asked for my items back and they have not responded since then. It's rather unfortunate that those people can just create another account and start the whole mess all over again.
Mobicon
Florida Anime Experience
Hamacon
Metrocon
Supercon
AWA
Nanashix is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-22-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

That is really unfortunate that you got stuck in that situation. If I were you, I would have held my items until I received the items from the other person and then sent my end out after I received the other items. I think that would have worked better, since you know that once you receive the items you were promised, that you will send out your end of the bargain.
I can definitely see where doing a trade would be kinda tricky, unless you really know the person that you are trading with.
Unread 12-22-2011, 09:41 PM   #3
Nanashix

Yeah, it's sad because when things like this happen it makes it hard to trust even people who are honest. Trading items may be more difficult now since the person on the other end will be in my shoes hoping that they will receive their items after sending their stuff out. Needless to say I have learned my lesson and will be following your advice :].
Mobicon
Florida Anime Experience
Hamacon
Metrocon
Supercon
AWA
Nanashix is offline   Reply With Quote