Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Steampunk

Unread 08-31-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
orbwhisper

SteamPunk Charizard!

So I got this epiphany and I know what costume I wish to create for myself. A steam punk charizard!!! Some of the details are sketchy in my mind but for the most part I know what the design will look like. I figure I can use PVC pipe to create the wings and make the tail into a "rocket". What I need help designing is this...1) General color/clothing to wear, 2) how to color the PVC a burnt copper/metal look, 3) How to give the appearance of fire at the end of the "rocket" tail, 4) And the well...leather/middle part of the wings what material and attaching it to the collapsable wings.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MAKE THIS YOURSELF IF YOU CAN JUST SHARE ME PICS AND ADVICE!!
orbwhisper is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
LadyAri13
Seeker

Yay! Im not alone in wanting to do PokeSteamy :-)
I cant speak for construction but for colors Id do reds, oranges, golds and even browns. Im not sure how steamy u want it b exactly; as n how true to the fashion aspect of u r going. Or r u doing it more n the way of a literal pokemon mechanized so to speak.
Unread 09-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
orbwhisper

Pretty much me abd a friend have worked it out so it will look like this. Leather flying helmet with red horns, goggles and a mouth similer to a bear trap but bug ol gears on the sides. Then a mulled orange trench coat with a yellow plated armor chest piece. The wings will be part of a 2 rocket system with 2 fat boy missiles on them painted voltorb, electrode colors. (still no idea about wing flap material) Then a segmentaed tail with a wire pantyhose setup with a light behind it for illumination and will look like fire. From there is just down to the small things to make it extra steampunky.
orbwhisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 12:36 AM   #4
Azayakachan

Oooo! I'm excited to see how this turns out! I love steampunk and pokemon gijinka. It's a wonder the idea of combining the two never occurred to me. You've inspired me...
Azayakachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #5
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~

Love the idea, though makes me think of Lucaria and the mystery of mew. Perhaps if you look at the pictures of the pokemon wearing the armor, and couple it with your design.
-Metro-con 2015
-AWA 2015

Cosplay List:
-Joker (Black Butler)
-Jack Vessalius (Pandora Hearts)
-Julius Monrey (Alice in the Country of Hearts)
-Aura Blackquill (Ace Attorney)
-Inuyasha

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote